Dutch pensioner in court trying to get 4MB+ back from Thai woman official who conned him into buying house and land

webfact

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

He is forgetting to tell that he was still in a relationship in the Netherlands when he send the money. Then the Thai women in Thailand found out about that and ended the relationship.

However many friends he has makes no difference to the fact that he sent money for buying a house and he wants his money back .

Morals are not what the case is about .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have read this man's foolish transaction but there was no mention from him that the money was a gift . Maybe that is the woman's story.

Sure the man can be trusted while he send so much money to a woman while he was with somebody else which he never told her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Sure the man can be trusted while he send so much money to a woman while he was with somebody else which he never told her.

The court will look at what agreement the two had when the money was sent . I doubt if the court is interested in his infidelity .

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

" He said: "We want to make an example of this Thai woman who has ripped off a foreigner. It's a negative image for Thailand."

To me,   this sentence adds a slight 0.0001%  support to his case ....   nothing else really matters as she can state in court that it was a gift,  and the court have to abide by that.  Don't you think she will have the best lawyer in town also,  and how many time has this senario been played out ?   hundreds if not thousand,  so I doubt it will go in his favor otherwise it could be seen as opening the flood gates. 

Lets hope the gates are opened as when they are closed it is detrimental for international trade in Thailand .

I have no idea how often this scenario has been played out . Often I am sure , Most individuals would not try and recover there money especially after having read the opinions of Asian Now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Only if he wins , he GAVE her the money , now wants it back, 

regards worgeordie

Giving a fraudster money doesn't make it legal. It's still fraud. I'm not suggesting that this case is fraud. That's up to the court to decide.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Only if he wins , he GAVE her the money , now wants it back, 

regards worgeordie

But there were clearly conditions. ALL financial transactions have conditions. She had no interest in marrying the guy and basically just ripped him off. If she were to have told him that up front would he have sent the money? No.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1