Police Warn of Car Remote Controls Being Hacked at Gas Station in Thalang

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Thalang – Police are warning drivers after car remote controls were hacked at a gas station in Thalang where drivers were unable to lock and unlock vehicles.

The Sakoo Police Chief Colonel Salan Santisartsanakun told the Phuket Express that they were notified by car drivers inside a PTT gas station near Phuket International Airport of the issue this week.

Many car drivers noticed that they were unable to lock and unlock their cars. After five minutes, when police arrived at the gas station, all of their car remote controls worked as normal.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/02/24/police-warn-of-car-remote-controls-being-hacked-at-gas-station-in-thalang/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-02-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

Keyless theft (otherwise known as relay theft) is relatively simple; all it requires is two small boxes of electronics, which thieves can use to open your car in as little as 60 seconds. Crooks will typically work in pairs to commit relay theft, with one holding a relay amplifier, and the other a relay transmitter, and the car gone in a minute or two.

• Like 1

Or buy an old banger that no one wants to nick

I had a guy leaning up my 2 month old new Toyota a few days ago whilst I was at a restaurant, when I came out he moved but left a clean patch on my car , good job got dirt roads near me to conceal it 

Edited by Foghorn