UK 'Proof of Life' form. What is the best way to send to the UK from Thailand?

torrow

20 hours ago, In the jungle said:

I have no intention of breaking the law and intend being entirely honest with DWP as to my place of residence.  It would, however, be advantageous if I could get them to use my UK address for correspondence.  Post that arrives at my UK address is scanned and emailed to me the same day.  I find Thailand Post very unreliable.

I do not break the law either.

be advantageous if I could get them to use my UK address for correspondence.

That is why I gave them the UK address but I also informed them that I was living overseas.

The bank have both my UK address and my overseas address and seem to handle that one well.

New bank and credit cards go to the UK address and spam and circulars sometimes come to my Thai address. ????

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I also told the pensions people that my main residence was based overseas, so whilst they see a UK address, I do not receive the UK additional benefits. (I do not really need a heating allowance  ????)

Thank you.  That is very useful information.  How you have things arranged with UK state pensions is exactly how I wish to do it.  I will see if I can replicate it.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 7:09 AM, Henryford said:

Yes why can't we scan and email these returns.

Because DWP are hell-bent on making this shining example of pointless bureaucratic nonsense just as difficult for us as is humanly possible!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:37 PM, Thailand said:

Sent mine on 8th Feb by registered post as I normally do, as above 250 baht, yet to arrive but just over 2 weeks.

Yes, mine took 5 weeks to arrive from UK.

16 weeks from date on letter from the UK is the allowed timescale to be received back.

Has it been delivered yet sent mine 3 feb. registered  arrived at Royal Mail  12 feb as of to day has not yet been delivered still in transet according to uk mail tracking, and consindering it  only has to go from Reading to Wolverhampton 22 days  to travel there about 150 miles is abit of a p-ss take  

34 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

Has it been delivered yet sent mine 3 feb. registered  arrived at Royal Mail  12 feb as of to day has not yet been delivered still in transet according to uk mail tracking, and consindering it  only has to go from Reading to Wolverhampton 22 days  to travel there about 150 miles is abit of a p-ss take  

They have to sift through more than just your one. 

Your will know if they have not received it they will withold your pension.

19 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

They have to sift through more than just your one. 

Your will know if they have not received it they will withold your pension.

What I said it has not moved for 22 days not been delivered hope long it takes the pension lot to sift  througgh it is not a problem the fact  that it has only got as far as  recieved into  Royal mail and no progress since the 12 feb isgot me wondering. As  a ex mail worker I know the procedure 

4 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

What I said it has not moved for 22 days not been delivered hope long it takes the pension lot to sift  througgh it is not a problem the fact  that it has only got as far as  recieved into  Royal mail and no progress since the 12 feb isgot me wondering. As  a ex mail worker I know the procedure 

There were strikes planned in UK could be that. 

You have sixteen weeks. 

If your that bothered ring em up. 

On 2/25/2023 at 4:37 PM, norbra said:

I had similar problem with POL for Australian pension,demand arrived 2 days before required reply date, sent them copy of tracking number and POL form by email,3 weeks later they emailed that it still had not arrived but they had extended my reply date by 6 weeks,never heard from them again.

How old were you when you got the POL from Centrelink? I'm 80 and haven't received one yet.

I can't remember the last time I had one from the UK, but I do get them from the New Zealand pension service almost annually, and the last two times that I have received the form in the post, it seems to have taken almost 4 weeks to arrive here, and they want it returned smartly!

So I contacted them and asked if it would be all right for me to email a completed copy to them and they said it was fine, so that's what I did – – printed out the original, filled it in, got it signed and witnessed and sent it back via email. Painless.

Just to be on the safe side I asked if they would require the original hard copy (completed) and they said it wasn't necessary.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How old were you when you got the POL from Centrelink? I'm 80 and haven't received one yet.

Probably 80 as I have done two,the first was before COVID and the second last year. You might consider mailing a copy of both tracking number and POL document to Centrelink via Mygov web site,they will give you an extension for return mail requirement date.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, norbra said:

Probably 80 as I have done two,the first was before COVID and the second last year. You might consider mailing a copy of both tracking number and POL document to Centrelink via Mygov web site,they will give you an extension for return mail requirement date.

I did get one from Comsuper last year, but they were happy for me to email a copy to them.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I did get one from Comsuper last year, but they were happy for me to email a copy to them.

The demand from Centrelink usually arrives a couple of days before reply required by date. So best to send return mail to their postal address as ThaiPost does not recognize reply paid envelope provided.

Registered mail gets there OK 250b

A bit more info

You can download the POL form from Centrelink,I read that it is available in Thai but I have not been able to find it.

I have used a doctor at nearby clinic to complete and stamp the original

Edited by norbra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, norbra said:

The demand from Centrelink usually arrives a couple of days before reply required by date. So best to send return mail to their postal address as ThaiPost does not recognize reply paid envelope provided.

Registered mail gets there OK 250b

A bit more info

You can download the POL form from Centrelink,I read that it is available in Thai but I have not been able to find it.

I have used a doctor at nearby clinic to complete and stamp the original

Thanks, but I'll wait until they send me the form. What did the doctor need to fill out? My Comsuper POL had to be signed by a Notary Public, but I used a local lawyer and they were happy with that.

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks, but I'll wait until they send me the form. What did the doctor need to fill out? My Comsuper POL had to be signed by a Notary Public, but I used a local lawyer and they were happy with that.

My latest doc added my passport number,his name and address and stamp with signature.

The document you receive is all in English to be completed by yourself.

The person signing will need to read English to understand what you have written and what he is signing up for.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, norbra said:

My latest doc added my passport number,his name and address and stamp with signature.

The document you receive is all in English to be completed by yourself.

The person signing will need to read English to understand what you have written and what he is signing up for.

https://www.dochub.com/jsfiller-mob11/?mode=cors&requestHash=f2380aab0e1a50847c7386639e3478d4451c04e5908d4d07fb8950db064d4dcd&lang=en&ref=https://www.dochub.com&projectId=1227671344&loader=tips#04c4aab29a7348ba9a4415aa2ca98226

You can preview the POL doc here

• Thanks 1

Has anyone managed to phone the international pension cente I have tried for the last 20 mins.  The call is answered by a recorded message  welcome to the pension centre and followed by a dailing tone then goes dead they open at 8am uk time so they are open. NO answer that the lines are busy just cut  but was charged for the calls 

Has anyone managed to phone the international pension cente I have tried for the last 20 mins.  The call is answered by a recorded message  welcome to the pension centre and followed by a dailing tone then goes dead they open at 8am uk time so they are open. NO answer that the lines are busy just cut  but was charged for the calls 

I have called them a few times, sometimes it takes many attempts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

I have called them a few times, sometimes it takes many attempts. 

Thanks for the reply ,if they said alllines are busy would help   ass they quote on the help and advice that they can ring back if we ask but nobody to ask I have sent a e-mail enquiry 

Just now, jonesthepost said:

Thanks for the reply ,if they said alllines are busy would help   ass they quote on the help and advice that they can ring back if we ask but nobody to ask I have sent a e-mail enquiry 

The last time I phoned, there was a please hold the line message..

I send emails telling them I have sent the certificate, with it attached, they never reply to that, but I keep it on record, just in case.....

Think they quote up to 10 days to reply...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just received a life certificate dated 2 months ago. But i have 16 weeks to reply. Found the link below re who can sign as witness. I assume it is up to date.

Witness does not need a  UK passport and also as i read it retired person from one of the designated jobs can also be witness.

Includes licensee of public house!

????

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/814507/5_Life_Certificate_Witness_Options.pdf

When mine is completed i will send via Post Office by registered post.

Edited by homeseeker

2 minutes ago, elwood said:

I sent POL via registered Thai Post on 28th February; arrived safely 17th March.

The delay was in Bangkok, awaiting forwarding to UK.

I would call that a quick delivery not a delay. 

DWP send LF to me by snail mail I do a bit better than that, medium post at Thai post office 54baht and get a receipt. ????

On 3/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, jonesthepost said:

At last  after many attempts by phone to them got a reply to an email today saying that my life certificate was received on 25 feb, but on both  Thailand post and Royal mail post tracking it is still in transit the last record being 12 feb. So the tracking systems are not reliable.  

• Haha 1

At last  after many attempts by phone to them got a reply to an email today saying that my life certificate was received on 25 feb, but on both  Thailand post and Royal mail post tracking it is still in transit the last record being 12 feb. So the tracking systems are not reliable.  

I knew you were going to say that. ????

22 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

Why do you make these stupid remarks. I was only trying to inform that if the tracking does not state  the letter has been received  it can have still been delivered  

I knew you were going to say that too. DWP don't care. 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:22 PM, chickenslegs said:

Sent mine a week ago using Thailand Post air mail (tracked) at 250 baht. I was told it could take about 3 weeks, which is no problem.

If you send EMS (tracked) it will cost around 1,000 baht and take about 1 week.

I sent mine back via EMS and I have the date and time it arrived and the persons name who signed for it.