Dilbert creator lashes out after papers pull his strip: 'Dicey situation'

Scott

5 hours ago, Credo said:

You made an unsubstantiated claim.  Now you are making an assertion that the people from Somalia, Nigeria or Ethiopia are immigrants.  Most are not immigrants, they are refugees.  So, do you think refugees are a good for the US?  

But here's a little more about immigrants from Sub-Sahara Africa:

Compared to the total U.S. immigrant population, sub-Saharan Africans are better educated, participate in the labor force at higher rates, and are more likely to speak English at home. Yet they also have lower average incomes and experience poverty at higher rates than the foreign-born population overall.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/sub-saharan-african-immigrants-united-states?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjf6NnbC7_QIVxxPUAR3I_AD0EAAYASAAEgJqO_D_BwE

In other words, they are doing very well. Median income of 90% of overall US average.   Also, comparatively few are illegal immigrants.   I am not sure your point. Except perhaps to show that racism is not a barrier to success in America.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

In other words, they are doing very well. Median income of 90% of overall US average.   Also, comparatively few are illegal immigrants.   I am not sure your point. Except perhaps to show that racism is not a barrier to success in America.

The comparison was to how other foreign born populations were faring.Are foreign born populations in the US "doing very well"? And despite the fact that these people are better educated and more likely to speak English, they fare worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He considers himself black and the majority of American blacks consider him black. They do consider him different than American blacks without a family history of slavery in America though. If you don't understand what social construct means, there are ways to learn. 

Still waiting for the criteria for determining whether someone is "Black".  Or "White".  How can I make this simpler for you?

Actually, forget it.  Cling to your imaginary social constructs.  Obama is a mix, as are all of us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Still waiting for the criteria for determining whether someone is "Black".  Or "White".  How can I make this simpler for you?

Actually, forget it.  Cling to your imaginary social constructs.  Obama is a mix, as are all of us.

Being terminally literal is a terrible thing. 

You might understand this better if you study the race politics of the Dominican Republic. There you can learn the difference between social perceptions and biology. Another example Brazilians wouldn't consider Obama black but Americans do. Again these social constructs vary radically depending on the national culture.