Dilbert creator lashes out after papers pull his strip: 'Dicey situation'

Scott

For someone who's been "cancelled" he sure seems to be getting a lot of attention. And his daily diatribes are available on Youtube.

Rant starts at 14:30, I challenge anyone to say this isn't racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6TnAn7qV1s

I knew this chap went off the rails but wow, how many hooded robes does he have in his closet?

BTW I do not want to cancel Mr. Adams. In fact, just the opposite, I'd like to see him broadcasting to the world every day.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1

I want to address the issue here about black racism vs. white racism in a white dominant society with a legacy of slavery.

They are of course both wrong. But I think its disingenuous to see them as exactly equivalent given the power differences.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Cancel culture writ large.

I always enjoyed Dilbert strips. The author actually knows a lot about the human condition.

I always enjoyed Dilbert strips. The author actually knows a lot about the white condition.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by mikebike

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I always enjoyed Dilbert strips. The author actually knows a lot about the white condition.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

I haven't seen where he mentioned entrenched white privilege.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I haven't seen where he mentioned entrenched white privilege.

I know you are not dense... Just being willfully obstinate?

"the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from Black people. Just get the <deleted> away."

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

What is fascinating about his remarks (which I listened to in their entirety) is they are the textbook definition of systemic racism. And the response to them are exactly the chronic failure of Americans to understand the meaning of systemic racism.

He is pointing out that even though he possesses no ill will towards blacks, given their feelings towards whites, it logically follows that the safest and rational choice is to avoid them. 

The paradigm case of this is the liberal white woman who even expresses her anger about racism but then chooses to live in a all-white area because it will ensure the best education for her children and the safest life for them. She does not feel racist; she does use logic. It is applied rational choice theory. No different to how she would select washing powder in her local supermarket.

The point, which I hope everyone has now grasped, is that the subjective feelings of the person acting are not relevant. What matters is that the structure of society necessarily dictates these outcomes. It is systemic.

Crucially, the flaw in the response, as is always the case amongst the American media, in its passionate and vengeful desire to find a scapegoat for the dysfunctional structure of their society, is to pin the blame on an individual.

Let's be clear. Scott Adams is free of guilt. Those who are guilty are the Americans who falsely seek to blame him for their country's ills. Shame on you. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1