MP Investigated for Gambling in Parliament Building

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Gambling is prohibited in Thailand

not really correct. Gambling on card games is technically illegal.

I have gambled at Muay Tai events, at the horse races and at the big cock fighting events held weekly. Gambling on bull fighting and fish fighting is also legal on certain days of the week barring Buddhist holidays.

And of course the government lottery.

I have also gambled on other games at temple festivals, but outside the temple walls in a tarped off area on occassions which i think might also be illegal but accepted.

An ex gf sold illegal lottery but paid of the local cops 3,000 per month and was averaging 100,000+ per fortnight profit. An incredibly profitable business if you are smart enough to lay off popular numbers. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Start at the top and follow the trail.....

Well....in theory that sounds principled and worthy. 

But in practice, the top dogs never take a fall. 

• Like 1

Stupid man... he better could gamble on cockfighting, fishfighting, bull racing and all other things...playing cards ( as we did already in school during lunch and freetime, but in a western country) is forbidden and than in the office..... Rules for the common people but not for the ruling people?? Normally they are being arrested and taken to the policestation

1 hour ago, rwill said:

So there were 4 of them playing but they are only going after 1 of them....

The post stated the video showed clearly one but not the other three.

It didn't say the investigation will only go after one?

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

will decide on the appropriate punishment if the allegation is found to be true.

...the appropriate punishment? i would not be surprised if gambling was legalized in thailand

Edited by Pique Dard
omissions
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The post stated the video showed clearly one but not the other three.

It didn't say the investigation will only go after one?

What it means is they will assess who the other 3 are and see if it is politically expedient to go after them now or hold the evidence in the back pocket to save for a rainy day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

...the appropriate punishment? i would not be surprised if gambling was legalized in thailand

Totally agree that it should be legalised in Thailand and regulated . Strange how some forms of betting are allowed e.g. horse racing , the lotteries etc . I reckon it is because there is a decent amount of money being made by the police by way of fines .  These days many go on-line with a VPN to have a flutter . If organised correctly the government would get good revenue .

• Like 1

Just now, superal said:

Totally agree that it should be legalised in Thailand and regulated . Strange how some forms of betting are allowed e.g. horse racing , the lotteries etc . I reckon it is because there is a decent amount of money being made by the police by way of fines .  These days many go on-line with a VPN to have a flutter . If organised correctly the government would get good revenue .

Agree 100%....... but I am struggling with a vision of legalised AND regulated where Thailand is concerned.

• Like 1