How to move a big frige?

Soon I will get a big fridge for my new kitchen. It weighs about 100kg.

In a perfect world I would get it delivered and installed in the correct place and all would be fine. But what if I have to move it a little in or out or to the sides?

Are there any sliding pads or something like that available to do something like that?

Until now I don't have my fridge, but I would be surprised if the floor or the "feet" are designed to move it around.

The fridge will be similar to the picture below.

Any ideas?

large01.jpg

It's just 100kg, no big deal to push it around a bit. If your physical condition doesn't allow you to do it alone ask a neighbor for help.

If you are worried about scratching the floor put a door mat under it, rubber side up. If you don't have a door mat, some card board or a towel will also work.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most Fridges I have come across have wheels on the back, tilt to move in or out, or just 'walk' it in position, by tilting it, 

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are there any sliding pads or something like that available to do something like that?

Yes Look on Lazada.

You can buy fridge wheels, but they only go forwards or backwards. No idea if sold in Thailand.

You can also cut a piece of ply right size and put loads of castors on it for them to put fridge on.

My fridge ( with no wheels on the back ) sits on a DIY wheeled piece of ply for the inevitable times when something falls behind it.

Furniture sliders from Homepro - https://www.homepro.co.th/search?q=furniture+slider

I bought the square shaped ones some years back for various cabinets and drawer units, work very well. They need to be applied to a flat area and it's possible your fridge will have feet extending downwards to allow air to flow underneath. However you may be able to use the small round ones on the base of the feet depending on the diameter of the feet.

• Thanks 1

I use Teflon appliance moving things.  Maybe 70 cm long and they hook together so you can wheel a fridge out protecting hardwood, tile or vinyl floors

Screenshot_20230306_214458_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by Elkski

51 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I use Teflon appliance moving things.  Maybe 70 cm long and they hook together so you can wheel a fridge out protecting hardwood, tile or vinyl floors

Screenshot_20230306_214458_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Thanks, they look very much like what I had in my mind. Do you know how they are called in Thai or Thai English for search on Lazada etc.?