Gender equality still ‘300 years away’, says UN secretary general

onthedarkside

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Equality in sports is women and men receiving equal prize money and recognition. 

Not competing against each other. 

Equality will come when womens sports garners the same attendance numbers as  mens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Women's rights are eroding at an incredible pace. The trans movement is seeing to that.

Many politicians like Starmer refuse to even acknowledge or define what a woman is. Some groups refer to them as "people with vaginas" or similar distateful terminology :sick:. Sturgeon supports putting biologically male rapists into women's prisons, further eroding their right to safety while in detention.

Soon, we may even see biological men legally beating up biological women in boxing rings. They are already taking their medals in events like swimming. 

All in the name of being "kind" and "progressive". 

Just as these so called "progressives" have set race relations back decades, they are now in the process of setting back women's rights decades.  

Talk about conflating subjects. This is to do with womans rights NOT transgender. But whilst you are on the subject, lets clear up a few of your assertions and the obvious nonsense you are spouting.

'Women's rights are eroding at an incredible pace. The trans movement is seeing to that' - it's men (and has always been men) who are eroding womens rights, not transgender people.

'Sturgeon supports putting biologically male rapists into women's prisons' - no she doesn't. In the case of Isla Bryson (who you are talking about), the Prison Service was the ones who decide where he/she went and after initially remanding Isla in a womans prison, moved her to a mans. Sturgeon’s official spokesperson said the first minister had not ordered the Prison Service to move Bryson to a male prison but added: “I expect and I think the Prison Service might expect ministers’ views to be taken into account.” Her view was that rapists (which Bryson is) should NOT be in a womans prison. This had nothing to do with being transgender, but was all about the crime committed.   https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/trans-woman-isla-bryson-found-guilty-rape-not-be-held-in-womens-prison-sturgeon

'Soon, we may even see biological men legally beating up biological women in boxing rings. They are already taking their medals in events like swimming' - wrong again. After initially being allowed to compete in female swimmimng competitions (and winning), Lia Thomas has now been banned after FINA voted to make modifications to the rules regarding transgender athletes, prohibiting all women, who were born male, and who transitioned after the age of 12 from competing in the women's division in all world swimming competitions organized by the governing body.   https://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2022/06/20/62afa313e2704ec93e8b459c.html

So now that we've cleared up your little transphobic rant, can we now get back to the very real problem of the continued erosion of WOMENS rights?

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

'Women's rights are eroding at an incredible pace. The trans movement is seeing to that' - it's men (and has always been men) who are eroding womens rights, not transgender people.

Actually a lot of the erosion of rights is due to the trans movement, and many of their staunchest supporters are not men, and not even trans, but members of the extreme left wing Wokerati like Nicola Sturgeon. 

Women supporting male rapists being put into women's prisons. Women who cannot define what a woman is. How 'progressive' and 'liberal'. Feel free to blame it on men though, I bet it's those evil white men as well ????

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actually a lot of the erosion of rights is due to the trans movement, and many of their staunchest supporters are not men, and not even trans, but members of the extreme left wing Wokerati like Nicola Sturgeon. 

Women supporting male rapists being put into women's prisons. Women who cannot define what a woman is. How 'progressive' and 'liberal'. Feel free to blame it on men though, I bet it's those evil white men as well ????

Another case of white male  self-pity.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Another case of white male  self-pity.

Try not to take everything too literally ????.

Back on topic, despite Sturgeon's uncanny resemblance to the fictional character Jimmy Krankie, just like the actress that played the character I can assure you that she is 100% female. So it would appear that in this case, it is not a man that is eroding women's rights to not be placed in jails alongside biological males.

14 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

Oh really ! l guess that means woman still want the guy to pay meal if out on a date ! just when I was hoping gender equality we could  split the bill ???? Equally 

Wouldn't that depend if they're getting equal pay?

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Try not to take everything too literally ????.

Back on topic, despite Sturgeon's uncanny resemblance to the fictional character Jimmy Krankie, just like the actress that played the character I can assure you that she is 100% female. So it would appear that in this case, it is not a man that is eroding women's rights to not be placed in jails alongside biological males.

Try not to drag out tired old cliched tropes.

And you just can't help revealing your true stance on womens' issues. What does this topic have to do with how a female politician looks except insofar as how it's used against women. So I guess it's instructive in a way to watch prejudice in action.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Try not to drag out tired old cliched tropes.

And you just can't help revealing your true stance on womens' issues. What does this topic have to do with how a female politician looks except insofar as how it's used against women. So I guess it's instructive in a way to watch prejudice in action.

It's relevant since I have pointed out on many occasions that it is the likes of Sturgeon pushing this agenda. Yet people blame it all on men. So I can only deduce from that information that they think Sturgeon is a man. I was clarifying that despite bearing an uncanny resemblence to Jimmy Krankie that she is in fact female.

On no occasion did I imply there was anything wrong with looking like Jimmy Krankie. If you assumed that there's something wrong with that particular look, it's your issue to deal with. Don't project your prejudice towards short ginger people onto me.

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's relevant since I have pointed out on many occasions that it is the likes of Sturgeon pushing this agenda. Yet people blame it all on men. So I can only deduce from that information that they think Sturgeon is a man. I was clarifying that despite bearing an uncanny resemblence to Jimmy Krankie that she is in fact female.

On no occasion did I imply there was anything wrong with looking like Jimmy Krankie. If you assumed that there's something wrong with that particular look, it's your issue to deal with. Don't project your prejudice towards short ginger people onto me.

People blame what agenda all on men? This is just more dishonest B.S.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I'm not really sure I follow your logic here (or it's possibly because there isn't any).

What exactly has the 'trans movement' done to erode womens rights? And as a follow up question, what excatly did Sturgeon do specifically to erode the rights of women by supporting trans rights? 

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are over 57 years late.

In 1967 Beryl Burton (AKA Our Beryl) set a new UK 12 hour time trial record of 277.25 miles, beating the men’s record by 0.73 mikes. Beryl held the all comers record until a man finally passed her record in 1969.

Women have been competing against men in cycle races since the 1940s.

Beryl rocked !!!!

It is unfortunate that girls are just not encouraged to take on roles that men have monopolized historically. Some have become prime ministers but those are still exceptions. I was talking to a group of girls last week and asked them what careers they wanted to do in the future. Most said teaching or nursing. I asked why nursing, why not become a doctor and they looked really confused. They just assumed they would not qualify for med school. Inequality is just an excuse. Women need encouragement.

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Talk about conflating subjects. This is to do with womans rights NOT transgender. But whilst you are on the subject, lets clear up a few of your assertions and the obvious nonsense you are spouting.

'Sturgeon supports putting biologically male rapists into women's prisons' - no she doesn't. In the case of Isla Bryson (who you are talking about), the Prison Service was the ones who decide where he/she went and after initially remanding Isla in a womans prison, moved her to a mans. Sturgeon’s official spokesperson said the first minister had not ordered the Prison Service to move Bryson to a male prison but added: “I expect and I think the Prison Service might expect ministers’ views to be taken into account.” Her view was that rapists (which Bryson is) should NOT be in a womans prison. This had nothing to do with being transgender, but was all about the crime committed.   https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/26/trans-woman-isla-bryson-found-guilty-rape-not-be-held-in-womens-prison-sturgeon

'Soon, we may even see biological men legally beating up biological women in boxing rings. They are already taking their medals in events like swimming' - wrong again. After initially being allowed to compete in female swimmimng competitions (and winning), Lia Thomas has now been banned after FINA voted to make modifications to the rules regarding transgender athletes, prohibiting all women, who were born male, and who transitioned after the age of 12 from competing in the women's division in all world swimming competitions organized by the governing body.   https://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2022/06/20/62afa313e2704ec93e8b459c.html

So now that we've cleared up your little transphobic rant, can we now get back to the very real problem of the continued erosion of WOMENS rights?

Dang Johhnny ... Mike drop !! ????????????????

Its a fundamental existential truth;

If I am uncomfortable with another humans personal choices as to how they live, and is not impinging on my fundamental rights as a human being e.g. to be free its ALL about the person who asserts they're being offended not the transgender person, or the woman choosing to abort a foetus, or person to marry another of a different colour or to chose to be awake and live in awareness instead of ignorance and denial about the reality of existence.

Such bigotry emanates from within and is about the bigot ... always was always will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purdey said:

It is unfortunate that girls are just not encouraged to take on roles that men have monopolized historically. Some have become prime ministers but those are still exceptions. I was talking to a group of girls last week and asked them what careers they wanted to do in the future. Most said teaching or nursing. I asked why nursing, why not become a doctor and they looked really confused. They just assumed they would not qualify for med school. Inequality is just an excuse. Women need encouragement.

The poisonous patriarchy did a job on a brilliant female prime Minister in Australia by the name of Julia Gillard. New Zealand some years later elected Jacinta Arden and didn't she do a dang good job. To exclude, deliberately and calculatedly approximately ½ of humanity from being their best is an assault against humanity.

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I raced alongside Beryl Burton, she was like all great athletes exceptional, something of a hero to me an very many other cyclists, male and female, and hence fondly referred to as ‘Our Beryl’.

But she was not the only female competing against men, women competing against men in cycling has been common place for decades.

And yet, in the Olympics, the only individual sport where there is equality is equestrianism. Sailing used to be but they separated that in 2012.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Always interesting to see how obsessed those on the extreme right are with transgenderism, an issue which affects only a very small percentage of the population. Guterres was mostly referring to actual serious problems like the situation in Afghanistan or the rollback of reproductive rights.

Seems like the left is obsessed with trying to turn men into women , I thinks many gay but scared to admit it , pretend it’s a woman

2 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Seems like the left is obsessed with trying to turn men into women , I thinks many gay but scared to admit it , pretend it’s a woman

Thank you for your opinion and may the science be damned!

Transgender brains are more like their desired gender from an early age

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

34 minutes ago, mrfill said:

And yet, in the Olympics, the only individual sport where there is equality is equestrianism. Sailing used to be but they separated that in 2012.

Actually there was 18 mixed gender events in the last Olympics, link already provided in this topic

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thank you for your opinion and may the science be damned!

Transgender brains are more like their desired gender from an early age

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

That’s what they want you think , because they are gay and can’t admit it.   I’m a 2 foot 300 kg giant midget with no hair but ain’t scared to say it , but straight 

Edited by Foghorn

1 minute ago, Foghorn said:

That’s what they want you think , because they are gay and can’t admit it

From the World Forum landing page:

" Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

On the off chance that you don't have a link to a credible source to back up your claim, maybe you should consider posting to the Fiction Forum.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

People blame what agenda all on men? This is just more dishonest B.S.

Check johnnyinbangkok's post above. He literally said it's all on men. That's what I was replying to.

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

I'm not really sure I follow your logic here (or it's possibly because there isn't any).

What exactly has the 'trans movement' done to erode womens rights? And as a follow up question, what excatly did Sturgeon do specifically to erode the rights of women by supporting trans rights? 

Jeez. Re-read the thread.