US Capitol Police chief rips into Tucker Carlson over ‘offensive’ use of January 6 footage

Scott

41 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t misunderstand me, I think far more have them should have been gun-downed as they crossed the threshold.

Not sure I agree with shooting, but yeah the police should have been more 'aggressive' in defending the building and ground.  Would have been nice to see a few heads cracked with truncheons.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I've heard of victim blaming before but this must be the first 'building blaming' I've seen.

The building itself isn't a castle or Fort Knox. If you get hundreds of determined people wanting to enter a building, they will. The mob brushed aside barriers put up by the woefully unprepared Capitol police, broke through windows (because well they're only windows) and once inside kicked the doors down (much easier to do from the inside than the outside).

The Capitol is both a work place and a place visited by tourists all the time so it has to be practical as well as secure. The building itself is also a National History Landmark (equivalent to being a listed building) so external alterations are limited. Saying that, they are doing improvements to prevent another attack.    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/us-capitol-police-overhaul-security-protocols-january-6-attack/65-aad1d57a-1018-4bb7-80e4-2c47c1a4af41

I've heard of victim blaming before but this must be the first 'building blaming' I've seen. 

Now that is just silly. But to be expected.

Steel bars covering windows is not a bad idea now is it.

Again, the Capitol police allowing this to happen is more of a story than TC showing a video that doesn't follow the storyline of investigations committee.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Now that is just silly. But to be expected.

Again, the Capitol police allowing this to happen is more of a story than TC showing a video that doesn't follow the storyline of investigations committee.

What part of being a listed building don't you understand? The building has to have a certain aesthetic which 'Steel bars covering windows' would not lend itself to.

Also, why are you going on about the security of the building (my tongue in cheek 'building blaming' comment)? The blame rests solely with the mob who broke into the building.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm referring to the building itself. They never should have been able to breach the doors and windows with sticks. C'mon man.

Only more guns could have stopped them. Other than the insurrectionist Trump of course. 

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

What part of being a listed building don't you understand? The building has to have a certain aesthetic which 'Steel bars covering windows' would not lend itself to.

Also, why are you going on about the security of the building (my tongue in cheek 'building blaming' comment)? The blame rests solely with the mob who broke into the building.   

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a37884804/january-6-capitol-riot-unreinforced-windows/

The majority of the Capitol’s 658 single-pane windows were quietly upgraded during a 2017-19 renovation of the historic building. The original wooden frames and glass were covered with a second metal frame containing bomb-resistant glass.

2 windows weren't upgraded and the rioters used those to enter. So you see it's entirely possible to prevent rioters from entering. Someone should be held accountable for not securing the Capitol properly.

Edited by metisdead
Odd formatting reset to normal.
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I guess you have not read 1 paper of the Twitter files, did you? There is a lot more going on, including the election fraud, this is not the end of that conversation yet at all. Not to mean much more and worse things done during Trump his presidency, and not by Trump.

Always the same with sheeple, they do not even remember what they complained about for years while Trump was a president, while those same things now continued worse.

Or like with covid, sure many of the users here still would like another booster shot.

"sure many of the users here still would like another booster shot."  That includes me.  I had 3 Pfizer shots plus the bi-valent and will go for another booster if and when available. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm at fault if burglars mange to break into my house? 

If a Police Force's sole job is to protect your house and it gets broken into, then blame would fall on them.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I guess you have not read 1 paper of the Twitter files, did you? There is a lot more going on, including the election fraud, this is not the end of that conversation yet at all. Not to mean much more and worse things done during Trump his presidency, and not by Trump.

Always the same with sheeple, they do not even remember what they complained about for years while Trump was a president, while those same things now continued worse.

Or like with covid, sure many of the users here still would like another booster shot.

I don't know why you brought up the Twitter files, but since I suspect it is an attempted deflection I won't ask.

I remember my first reason for opposing Trump which predates his election:  He has never been in any way qualified to have access to the nuclear codes.  I have many other reasons, but that has always been my number one reason.

Yes, I'm vaxxed and boosted to the hilt and intend to remain so.  I also don't recall having Covid or any other illness of any note for over ten years.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I don't know why you brought up the Twitter files, but since I suspect it is an attempted deflection I won't ask.

I remember my first reason for opposing Trump which predates his election:  He has never been in any way qualified to have access to the nuclear codes.  I have many other reasons, but that has always been my number one reason.

Yes, I'm vaxxed and boosted to the hilt and intend to remain so.  I also don't recall having Covid or any other illness of any note for over ten years.

" Trump.......He has never been in any way qualified to have access to the nuclear codes."   Over the years there has been much discussion about access.  So far only talk.

https://www.westernjournal.com/dozens-house-democrats-request-biden-hand-nuclear-codes/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

" Trump.......He has never been in any way qualified to have access to the nuclear codes."   Over the years there has been much discussion about access.  So far only talk.

https://www.westernjournal.com/dozens-house-democrats-request-biden-hand-nuclear-codes/

The nuclear codes should be entirely in the hands of the military and they should be free of any political appointees. 

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The nuclear codes should be entirely in the hands of the military and they should be free of any political appointees. 

Easier said than done.  Everyone is politically connected one way or another.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Chiefs_of_Staff.

Edited by Hawaiian
correct spelling

44 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That in no way refutes anything I posted.

I did not attempt to refute anything you posted.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and what you posted is your opinion.   The only requirement is to be elected President of the U.S. who is also the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

I did not attempt to refute anything you posted.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and what you posted is your opinion.   The only requirement is to be elected President of the U.S. who is also the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

And it certainly sounds like the sensible thing to do when you consider Trump tweeted (because that's what Presidents do by all accounts):-

"Will someone from [Jong Un's] depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!" in response to Kim Jong talked about a nuclear button being "always on my desk." Or to Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE," 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-threatened-military-force-2018-12#2-in-another-tweet-trump-warned-president-putin-russia-and-iran-are-responsible-for-backing-animal-assad-big-price-to-pay-2

Thanks for posting the original article. For some reason I thought it was more complicated than that for any POTUS to launch the apocalypse but now I know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Maga checklist:-

1. Election fraud - check!

2. Unsubstantiated conspiracy theories - check!

3. Covid nonsense - check!

4. Call people who don't agree with you 'sheeple' - check!

5. The poster coming across as a total sheeple - check!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yes, it very much is. The Capitol building is, theoretically, the greatest shrine to democracy in the world - the people's building. Barring the windows and defending it like a fort would be quite the statement about the state of US democracy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes, it very much is. The Capitol building is, theoretically, the greatest shrine to democracy in the world - the people's building. Barring the windows and defending it like a fort would be quite the statement about the state of US democracy. 

Follow along where I gave a link to the safety windows installed except for the windows the rioters chose. 

I find it unbelievable that the most important building in the USA shouldn't be properly protected. 

• Love It 1