B Vitamins to Mitigate Effects of Air Pollution

Lee65

Vitamin B Diminishes Effects of Air Pollution-Induced Cardiovascular Disease

This is a small study, and, oddly, there has been no follow-up that I could find.  Essentially it reports that a stack of folic acid, B6, and B12 may be useful in mitigating the effects of air pollution.

The usual caveats but for many suffering this polluted Thai air, a B-complex tablet might prove beneficial and be worth a try.

A link to the actual study is in the article.

• Thanks 1

yes, if in foods.

not that much, if supplementing for a healthy person. There might be side affects from supplementing B's without need, on base of one new research paper. I have read recently against supplementing Bs.

on the margin - for me it's 2 air purifiers blowing into my face from a distance of 70cm for 24h and a valved pm2.5 mask when outdoor.

Edited by internationalism
  • Thumbs Up 1

I also heard vitamin water in sunlight turns into water with no vitamins.  lol.  

A green tea company told me if I buy green tea I'll reduce my chances for cancer.....

there are likely 100000000000000000000000000000000000 "facts" on the internet, ALL of them trying to get you to buy something.  

I've tried B's before.....................I think it's overkill, personally.    not recommended.   not water soluable.

Vit D seems to be "better," but honestly I think all of us are better without vitamins UNLESS some blood work demands it.

Vit C, which is water soluble, is an exception......