What you will do if it will happens to you??

Cuadrado

12 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Ah.  Sorry, my reading comprehension failed.  Had to re-read the original post.

You live here now (long term visa?) and have a Thai bank account which you used to transfer 2500 baht to some guy on the Facebooks?  Or maybe deposited cash into some guy's account either at a teller or ATM?

I am here for three months with a SETV. I transferred the amount with transferwise.

3 hours ago, Cuadrado said:

What you will do if it was you facing this situation?

Definitely not waste people's time by posting about a lost 2500 baht on here.

You made a mistake, time to move on.

As others have said...chalk it up to experience and go out today and find a serviced apartment/hotel, try Airbnb while looking.  So say thanks to everyone for their suggestions and say goodbye.

• Thanks 1

I would

2 hours ago, Cuadrado said:

I have name, surname, proof of money transfer as well.

All fake . I would just open the BONVOY app and book at Le Meridien, Marriott, Sheraton etc.  like you should have done in the first place. Real estate scams are well known and ongoing.

4. I hear about or read, and at least 2 previous threads here. Seams a common scam. 

Always book a hotel, guesthouse or Airbnb for the first days or week before you make a deal after meet and see physically the place you going to rent. 

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

That is a great scam.   How did you find the place to book it in the first place?

The guy propose me the place.

Gawd.... why is it that when people get scammed like this the information they provide is so thin and basic communication so poor that so many questions need to get asked to find out how the ‘scam’ occurred and it ends up being of no surprise to anyone that the person in question found themselves scammed in the first place... 

• Thanks 1

The guy propose me the place.

When you do a bank transfer you can see the account holder's name. Did you keep a record of it?

All you can do is report it to the police, learn your lesson and move on.

Edited by edwardandtubs

57 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

When you do a bank transfer you can see the account holder's name. Did you keep a record of it?

All you can do is report it to the police, learn your lesson and move on.

1) Yes 

2) How long it will takes to see some results? Days, weeks, months?

3) How it works? They block the man account, they issue a warrant against him or what they will do?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cuadrado said:

1) Yes 

3) How it works? TheyYou  block the man account, they issue a warrant against him or what they will do?

You appear to be delusional. You really think the police or anyone else is going to waste time and resources just to get you your 2500 back? It's gone,  you're not seeing it again and you have no one to blame but yourself. But if enough people report the same scammer the police might eventually do something. See it as your civic duty.

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

You appear to be delusional. You really think the police or anyone else is going to waste time and resources just to get you your 2500 back? It's gone,  you're not seeing it again and you have no one to blame but yourself. But if enough people report the same scammer the police might eventually do something. See it as your civic duty.

If enough people report on the same person, yes, if not, next

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1. Never pay up front.

2. Get the bus or train to town.

Be thankful you only paid 2,500bht!

Happened to me when I used Booking.com.

Booking.com don't ask for prepayments I cancelled many times without paying a single cent or baht to pay 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cuadrado said:

1) Yes 

3) How it works? They block the man account, they issue a warrant against him or what they will do?

It occurs to me this "person", if they aren't a bot, probably doesn't even live in Thailand. Maybe Cambodia. Maybe Philippines. More than likely doesn't exist at all. I think I'd do whatever you feel you can do, and then drop it. You'll be chasing shadows. It is only 2500 THB. Thank your lucky stars it wasn't £ or $ or €.

8 hours ago, Cuadrado said:

1) Yes 

For 2500 baht they will definitely send a SWAT team to his last known address.

Please give this a rest and get on with your life.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Cuadrado said:

1) Yes 

Christ on a bike...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

You should don all of your most expensive jewelry, load your pockets with 1,000 baht notes and head to Nana. Your future wife awaits even as we speak. :wai:

ETA: Post a selfie to the same chat site as you're heading out so the 1st guy can see that he didn't ask for enough.

Edited by mrwebb8825
  • Sad 1