Help requested- Long stay Thailand.

honestly in todays world if your buddy can't afford the 800k in a bank. excuses aside. then he should really weigh his life options of struggling to stay here year after year with shady agents etc. 

cue angry shady visa mob. 

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You've been a member of what was until recently was called "ThaiVisa" for the best part of ten years and are a frequent reader/poster yet when it comes to retirement extensions you've never heard of agents?   Yeah, right!

Why would I, when I just use 800K method 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Who the hell do you think you are?

Love to meet you and discuss this face to face.

I got no problem with that!

I asked for advice, I don't pretend to know it all

You clown ???? 

Clearly not and resort to offensive "clown" is poor form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why would you not? It's good to have knowledge of something other than soccer scores and the price of baked beans ????

probably because I look after a couple of families and I still work at 60 years old and I don't spend all my time on TVF

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes you did however some posts are pointing out that your friend does not fit any pidgin hole.

1. Does not want to park 800k in Thai bank.

2. Income only 50k per month 

3. Agent option suggested.

Bottom line .....move on. Just another farang with limited money. 

Yes,

I was just trying to help the guy.,

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Also cue those who think your post is judgmental, sanctimonious and of no use whatsoever to someone who has simply asked for ideas.

It seems this thread has trigged the worst in a few posters, for no reasons other than to attack, criticise or ridicule someone who has shown a hint of vulnerability and admired they are unsure of something.

no money no honey

13 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why would you not? It's good to have knowledge of something other than soccer scores and the price of baked beans ????

Dear sir,

I am currently educating two Thai girls in university in Thailand , ( extended family of my partner but I am paying)I am assisting my two sons in the UK.

My two sons, the first looks after adults with mental disabilities, it is a noble profession, but poorly paid. 

My second son works in the nuclear department of a UK govenberment laboratory.

So, I feel no need to spend my days arguing with silly people, who contribute nothing constructive to this board..

Those of you who tried to help, Thank you

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Buy an Elite 20 years 1 million baht, no health insurance, no questioning about income or money on the bank. Depending on where you are living then in Thailand, they can also help with 90 report. Still to be done, but nowadays lot is done online. But just need passport and card every time you contact immigration.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

@Scouse123

I suggest you seek assistance by PM to @DrJack54 and @Red Phoenix

These guys can give you your friends options clearly and without bias.

The open forum, whilst often very helpful, often resorts into name calling, miscommunication and poor taste humour.

Thank you

2 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Not enough - if he's getting 200 pounds a week nowhere near the 65k baht a month (unless a miracle happens).

Historically (and I think now) the normal income requirements did not apply to someone in receipt of a UK state pension. This is something that has been UK specific. It has permitted someone in receipt of a UK state pension of any amount to receive a multiple entry Non O visa.

• Confused 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:37 PM, DrJack54 said:

That has been suggested by several including myself.

You stated ....

"...simple enough if you can help out on someone’s post… if not skip to the next article to avoid the itch to fester…" 

Most of the posts have been constructive.

Personally I think the friend of OP is kidding himself.

Does not wish to "tie up 800k" 

On top of that has monthly income of 50k .

Good luck with that.

His best plan would have been to do 65k monthly transfers for 12 months prior to applying for non retirement inside Thailand.

Bit of a lame thread imo. 

This is what I meant. Since his pension is not enough, why can’t he send the 50k pension plus another 15k baht per month to make up the shortfall? Isn’t  this called a combo? It is not required that the transfer be one transfer of 65k correct? Of course he would need to do this for 12 months.

34 minutes ago, hioctane said:

This is what I meant. Since his pension is not enough, why can’t he send the 50k pension plus another 15k baht per month to make up the shortfall? Isn’t  this called a combo?

He can send the extra 15k along with the 50k.

He would then be using the "income method" 

Combo method refers to eg the 50k transferred each month in addition to funds keep on deposit in the account.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He can send the extra 15k along with the 50k.

He would then be using the "income method" 

Combo method refers to eg the 50k transferred each month in addition to funds keep on deposit in the account.

Thanks for clearing that up. The income method seems like the clear choice.

17 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Thanks for clearing that up. The income method seems like the clear choice.

The problem is appears the guy in question is from UK.

Unfortunately UK,USA,AU governments threw us under the bus and do not endorse income letters.

To use income method for pathway from visa exempt or tourist visa entry the applicant would need to show 12 months of previous transfers.

Thinking he has two options.

Agents or place 800k in Thai bank account in his name only. 

8 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Not enough - if he's getting 200 pounds a week nowhere near the 65k baht a month (unless a miracle happens).

I thought that the uk was not issueing the letters for monthly income.  How does one prove it and use it with Thai immigration. 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The problem is appears the guy in question is from UK.

Unfortunately UK,USA,AU governments threw us under the bus and do not endorse income letters.

To use income method for pathway from visa exempt or tourist visa entry the applicant would need to show 12 months of previous transfers.

Thinking he has two options.

Agents or place 800k in Thai bank account in his name only. 

Getting married would be a smaller fin option bu more expensive  then of course there is the border run lol