Raid on Illegal Bar on Bangla Road in Patong Leads to Rescue of Six Underage Sex Workers

webfact

Quote from the link:

Officials found a woman only identified as Ms. Taksakorn or Nam who presented herself as a bar manager and Ms. Watcharakorn or Yuki who is allegedly a broker providing prostitutes. The bar was also being operated without permission. They were taken to the Patong Police Station to face charges of operating an entertainment venue without a permit or license and human trafficking.

Only raided after the O.U.R informed authorities, didn't local operators or police know about this venue before-hand?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

but I have seen this in action before and the girls just cannot say no. They are conditioned from birth that they must do what the family asks of them. 

I understand exactly what your saying and unfortunately it seems ingrained in alot of thai families. Very sorry and sad to hear about your ex-wifes story. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BritScot said:

Where did it say they were 15 in the post? Under 19 is classed as underage in prostitution Thailand. The term "to young to concent" used yet in villages up and down Thailand girls 15 or younger marry all the time and sometimes to much older men. Young girls of the very poor are often sold into basic bondage to karaoke/bar etc. This has been thai cultural for hundreds of years. Right or wrong people should never judge through western culture eyes.

It says so in the link provided in the OP.

Young children being sold isn't Thai culture at all. Yes it happens and the sick people doing so should be jailed. That you think it is ok is sick. 

Here proof that it isn't a cultural thing:  

Edited by FritsSikkink

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

So you think it is ok for a 15 year old to be a prostitute, what a nice person are you.

I never said it was ok, so don't put words in my mouth. It is not ok, and the owners need to be arrested and the place closed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You said they weren't chained, which is a ridiculous comment to make.

sorry for my ridiculous comment.  The place should be shut down and those involved arrested and sent to jail. The six underage that were there should be enlisted in school studies for better education for their future.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 12:11 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Taking business away from police controlled sex bars is a very serious offence ????

No police were involved in this DPA raid until they were taken to the police station by officials for charges.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No police were involved in this DPA raid until they were taken to the police station by officials for charges.

Whats DPA stand for?

Actually I have a friend who's involved in a rescue charity here in Thailand. They do undercover work and they are all farang. They work with the police. They are involved in the sting operation and the cops basically go in and raid the place on the actual day when it happens. This group of westerners also operate in the Philippines. The local police get all the glory but they dont care. They want to remain anonymous and move onto the next bust. Im not making this up. 

10 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Good for him.  Not in this raid, though, apparently. 

how do you know. Were you there?

No, but I did read the OP in full, unlike you, and the organisation to which you refer was not mentioned, neither was any police involvement.

Was he there?  Didn't think so.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 3/16/2023 at 12:03 PM, kcpattaya said:

The "Rescue" of Six Underage Sex Workers... 
If they were kept there without their consent and locked up without possibility to escape - that would be very very bad.
95% "sure" however, that was not the case. 
Just saying.

Physically unable to leave, and forced under duress is about the same thing.  If not an extremely mature 15 yr old (think about were we are), then she definitely falls under definition of 'forced child sex worker'.

As stated ... does show your character to even think that is acceptable.  Laws are there to protect kids, not mature enough to make those decisions.

Most under 20 surely are not, or even want to have sex with some old smelly, alcohol breath farang (assuming customer base on bangla).  Bad enough those in financial despair go down that road.

Hopefully they get the counseling and assistance they need, though unfortunately, I doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, but I did read the OP in full, unlike you, and the organisation to which you refer was not mentioned, neither was any police involvement.

You are a sensitive person it seems. My friend was there. Dont cry on your pillow tonight ka

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

You are a sensitive  it seems. My friend was there. 

With the police with whom that organisation works?   You know, the police who weren't involved in this raid?!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Indeed. And five very high ranking officers had to be transferred.

• Thanks 1