Law enforcement agencies are prepping for a possible Trump indictment as early as next week

onthedarkside

UPDATE: Trump won’t refuse to surrender if indicted in NYC, lawyer says: ‘There won’t be a standoff at Mar-a-Lago’

NEW YORK — Former President Donald Trump will not refuse to surrender if the Manhattan district attorney criminally indicts him, his lawyer told the Daily News Friday.

“There won’t be a standoff at Mar-a-Lago with Secret Service and the Manhattan DA’s office,” Joe Tacopina said.

DA Alvin Bragg is believed to be on the cusp of nearing a charging decision in his office’s long-running investigation into Trump and his business dealings.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-won-t-refuse-surrender-222400349.html

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The offer to voluntarily surrender is a deliberate play to avoid being handcuffed and to avoid the ‘Perp Walk’.

Trump will then claim he wasn’t arrested.

Here’s a thing though.

assuming an indictment is issued and assuming Trump voluntarily surrenders.

The next step is booking and arraignment.

That is an arrest.

He’ll stand in front of the booking officer, he’ll be read his rights.

His personal details will be recorded.

He’ll be fingerprinted and mug shots will be taken.

He’ll then be arraigned before a court, the formal charges against him will be read and recorded.

He’ll apply for bail.

Assuming he’s not charged with any violent crimes, he’ll be granted bail with conditions.

Surrender passports, bail bond and house arrest are the most likely outcomes.

A trial date will be set.

He’ll be processed just like every other person indicted for crimes. 

Though with one difference.

He’ll make a circus of it, and his supporters will bay at the moon.

Expect the press to go to court to have the mug shots released.

Don’t expect FOX or NewsMax to petition for the mug shots to be released or publish them when they are.

He's already starting the circus. This is going to be entertaining! ????

“THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!,”

https://nypost.com/2023/03/18/donald-trump-says-he-will-be-arrested-tuesday/

(Sorry mod for the caps, that's the original text)

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

IMO Insurrection 2.0 will involve firearms and other ordnance.  I would question how the individuals in the various police forces and National Guard will handle this.  I could also see people like Bannon and Flynn and others taking to live media encouraging the violence and being arrested, if their locations are known. 

“There won’t be a standoff at Mar-a-Lago with Secret Service and the Manhattan DA’s office,” Joe Tacopina said.

When these guys bring up something not previously mentioned, like this, it usually means just the opposite.

The word standoff  (which I heard Tacopina say on television yesterday) brought to mind something that happened in a certain town in Texas around 30 years ago regarding another cult leader (for those unfamiliar, search "waco standoff 1993"), and then I learned:

Trump gears up for 2024 rally in Waco, Texas amid ongoing federal investigation, possible NY indictment

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I wonder if Trump will play his victim card and allow himself to be handcuffed. Watch your head Sir. 

He's already called for protests if it happens. He has already started playing the victim card..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Credo said:

OMG.   I just had shudders.  I feel particularly sorry for the poor guy that does the cavity search!

Yes he will have to rock the toadstool forward and back to make sure there is nothing stored under it...

The prison orange jump suit would go really with his complexion - just dreamin' ???? 

And would his (ex-)presidential body guards (Treasury Service?) have to go into the shower with him? Armed?

Edited by nglodnig