Police raid two illegal clinics, arrest fake doctors in Bangkok and Pathum Thani

webfact

When you read such articles, you want to cry out 'unbelievable' but i have come to learn that in Thailand, everything is possible and the worst is every day's life here and what used to shock me before doesn't

anymore.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ezzra said:

When you read such articles, you want to cry out 'unbelievable' but i have come to learn that in Thailand, everything is possible and the worst is every day's life here and what used to shock me before doesn't

anymore.

This happens in pretty much every country.  Lots of fake doctors and other professionals with fake degrees.

26 minutes ago, rwill said:

This happens in pretty much every country.  Lots of fake doctors and other professionals with fake degrees.

Google can help all your medical problems, just ask and a remedy can be found....crazy people follow the advice given instead of seeing a real licensed doctor, all in the name of saving money... 

Maybe this is where the doctor learned to heal people without taking the 

Proper training and certification.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In a raid on the clinic in Lat Krabang, the police found a 51-year-old man, identified only as “Ratthaphum”, treating some patients. The police asked to see Ratthaphum’s doctor’s license, but he could not produce one and admitted that he worked at a hospital for about 13 years and then went abroad to attend a medical school, but did not complete his studies.

How in gods name can you open a clinic to treat patients without being inspected and certified by the health organisation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

How in gods name can you open a clinic to treat patients without being inspected and certified by the health organisation.

Easy, pay the rent for a spot, rent the equipment needed, buy the supplies and medicine from a pharmacy wholesaler and Bob's your Uncle.  Then advertise on the windows, on Line, and message others. I am sure he probably had worked on a clinic as an aide before as well as he said he had worked on a hospital so he had contacts. Probably had a financial partner as well....it ain't cheap.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Easy, pay the rent for a spot, rent the equipment needed, buy the supplies and medicine from a pharmacy wholesaler and Bob's your Uncle.

Or move the same equipment and office furniture from the last place that got closed down!

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My own personal experience convinces me that some 'doctors' in Thailand qualify by buying a white coat.

I was given a White coat once, but the arms were crossed in the front and then tied in the back...I don't like straight jackets much....sigh.

• Haha 1