What is a "Sideline Girl"?

14 hours ago, connda said:

What is a "Sideline Girl"?

The hotties behind the glass in the fishbowls that do the deed part-time and generally charge more.  Often college students and the like.

yes, in the OP I specified that I am asking about a different usage of "sideline".

21 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

lol... I am just waiting for one of those guys who is better than everyone else to come along and say, "I never paid for it".????

Yeah. Even though she was 35 years younger than me, she got busy with me because I am so handsome. Had nothing to do with money. Haha. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

A very innocent prostitute?  Interesting point of view.

Absolutely. There is nothing sinister or evil or terrible about sleeping with men for money, if it is consensual and the woman is of legal age. It is our overly puritanical views and double standards that make it so. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, mran66 said:

How about a  fully sponsored gf or wife of a farang living & working outside of Thailand who goes with other guys on the side when she feels like (when he not here)?

Does that qualify as "sideline"?

That qualifies as a nasty *****…

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely. There is nothing sinister or evil or terrible about sleeping with men for money, if it is consensual and the woman is of legal age. It is our overly puritanical views and double standards that make it so. 

You would say that, wouldn’t you? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm not suggesting it's sinister or evil, but I wouldn't recommend it, I wouldn't marry a prostitute and I wouldn't want my children to be prostitutes.  I wouldn't say that it is without harm or isn't indicative of some other problems that a girl might have.

I guess you mean innocent like not criminal or harmful, but I'm still not sure I would agree with that.

20 minutes ago, NextG said:

You would say that, wouldn’t you? 

Possibly someone who as used prostitutes might want to deny that they caused someone harm.

I'm sure there are women who want to do it, but there has to be some that are experiencing trauma from it.

6 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Sideline, On The Game, aka freelance, part time, in short selliing her body as a secondary income.

Often used in more conservative asian countries.

Almost got it.

Per the bargirls, "sideline " refers to ladies who work bar, but are not salaried. Freelancers, but in a bar.

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm not suggesting it's sinister or evil, but I wouldn't recommend it, I wouldn't marry a prostitute and I wouldn't want my children to be prostitutes.  I wouldn't say that it is without harm or isn't indicative of some other problems that a girl might have.

I guess you mean innocent like not criminal or harmful, but I'm still not sure I would agree with that.

I mean innocent as in:

1. To each his own

2. Not a terrible choice if devoid of lucrative opportunities, especially in a nation that barely pays a living wage

3. When the environment offers only fractionally more for those with a very expensive college degree, which is not specialized, the options are limited. 

4. You have parents who are encouraging you to go out on your own, and find a rich foreigner, and you are hoping to provide support to your baby and your family. 

I know some women who did it for a year or two, saved enough money to build a very nice house, and buy a new car for cash, and don't seem to have any psychological scars from it. 

Lastly, thankfully I don't have daughters, so it is not something I have to ponder. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm not suggesting it's sinister or evil, but I wouldn't recommend it, I wouldn't marry a prostitute and I wouldn't want my children to be prostitutes.

Prostitutes and the act of prostitution are morally relative terms.  I've met many women over the last 50+ years who would negotiate sexuality and sexual receptivity in order to gain financial favors, security, bling, and 'presents'.
What's the difference other than calling the women who do that in Thailand "prostitutes" while claiming Western women engaged in similar behavior are somehow saints.  Sure they are.  :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, connda said:

What's the difference other than calling the women who do that in Thailand "prostitutes" while claiming Western women engaged in similar behavior are somehow saints.  Sure they are.

Perhaps your confusion comes from the misimpression that anyone is suggesting that western women who exchange gifts for sex are somehow better than Thai prostitutes.  They aren't.

• Thanks 1

Many ladies who say they work sideline would be surprised to learn they are newbies, or have a full time job at the office, or work in a body massage shop.

All they mean is that they work bar without a salary.

Maybe they have a sponsor, so they don't want to work regular hours. Or they work until they find a customer and go home.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:23 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember long time ago when I was new in town and visited Thermae (first the original one with entrance through the kitchen and toilet). Because I was innocent and interested, I asked the girls about their jobs. I met lots of girls who told me they are a waitress or work somewhere in a shop, etc.

But then, when I took them home and they spend the night with me (which was normal at that time), not many had to get up early to go to work.

At that time, I was confused about that. Now, not so much anymore.

It seems many of the sideline girls are sideline girls because that makes some guys feel better. ???? 

You were lucky to see the original Thermae. I didn't like the second one at all- too dark, too crowded, too mercenary.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:45 PM, spidermike007 said:

I know some women who did it for a year or two, saved enough money to build a very nice house, and buy a new car for cash, and don't seem to have any psychological scars from it. 

Every holiday I'd find one I liked and take her to a nice beach for as long as I was on holiday.

I hardly ever found the same one next holiday. I like to think that they made enough to give it up or found a nice farang to marry.

I went with one for 8 years though. She gave up the bars after 4 years and went to university, so she'd meet up when I came over ( kept in touch via e mail ), and eventually she met a rich guy and I never saw her again.

I knew her pretty well, and she certainly didn't seem any more psychologically scarred than any other women I knew as friends.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You were lucky to see the original Thermae. I didn't like the second one at all- too dark, too crowded, too mercenary.

If you think the 2nd Thermae was or is too dark and too crowded, then forget about the original. It was often so crowded that you needed two hands to paddle through the crowd. I think I remember it was also pretty dark, and that was probably good like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/24/2023 at 2:07 PM, Danderman123 said:

No, I don't mean girls who work on the sides of fishbowls in body massage shops, this is something different.

When ladies talk about working sideline, I assumed they meant "freelancer", but sideline is different.

Different how is the question.

If you need to ask.