What breed of dog is best security to protect ones house in Thailand?

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, you could listen to the alarm that is included in the security system when it happens.

Yeh, love the ads on TV in UK which show a couple turning their alarm on as they leave on a two week holiday.

Why don't they simply leave the dog in the house? 555

Edited by KannikaP

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Great dogs. Best choice here. Still miss mine. 

I still have a nice scar i received from a 6 month old pup.

That same dog later put a few people in the hospital,very determined to bite people,even its owners.

4 hours ago, jvs said:

I still have a nice scar i received from a 6 month old pup.

That same dog later put a few people in the hospital,very determined to bite people,even its owners.

Was it yours?

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Was it yours?

No,it was not my dog,i would never have a dog that does that over here.

I had a police service dog before and he would bite when he was working,off duty totally safe

for others and animals.

If you have a dog that will protect you you better make sure you can control the off switch.

17 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why does it have dirty long toenails?

Because it's a dog? 

Maybe be bothered to pay for proper grooming ?

Whatever dis dogs do without proper grooming? 

It will damage the dogs feet and cause pain. People who can’t be bothered to take proper care of their pets should not be allowed to keep them 

I'm guessing you're a round up all the strays and kill them kind of guy, yes?

Edited by Yellowtail

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

No,it was not my dog,i would never have a dog that does that over here.

I had a police service dog before and he would bite when he was working,off duty totally safe

for others and animals.

If you have a dog that will protect you you better make sure you can control the off switch.

So I suppose you don't know how the dog you mentioned previously was treated or trained as a puppy?

My bitch ridgeback grew up with us from about 6 weeks old. A gift to my wife, we took her in as a bag of bones but she turned out to be a good looking girl and was actually full (Thai) pedigree, which can make a difference. She was trained and learnt good behaviour but seemed to know the right thing to do in any case. Fun, loyal and very protective but would always give visitors a chance to show signs of friendliness, before outwardly showing any suspicion or aggressiveness. Thai people seem to know and respect this breed and most potential intruders or baddies probably just say "not worth it" and move on. 

It's always better if you bring a dog into the home as early as possible. Then be firm but give the animal the best life you can afford, plus plenty of love - then they are not likely to bite you. 

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Yeh, love the ads on TV in UK which show a couple turning their alarm on as they leave on a two week holiday.

Why don't they simply leave the dog in the house? 555

Because somebody have to take care of the dog, give food, walk and so on...... And, they were not home, right? An automatic system gives alarm, in UK, can be connected to a security company at the same time as it can identify the perps. Are you going to ask the dog who kicked it and beat it up with a bamboo stick when you come home?

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Because somebody have to take care of the dog, give food, walk and so on...... And, they were not home, right? An automatic system gives alarm, in UK, can be connected to a security company at the same time as it can identify the perps. Are you going to ask the dog who kicked it and beat it up with a bamboo stick when you come home?

You obviously do not recognise sarcasm, sorry.

43 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So I suppose you don't know how the dog you mentioned previously was treated or trained as a puppy?

My bitch ridgeback grew up with us from about 6 weeks old. A gift to my wife, we took her in as a bag of bones but she turned out to be a good looking girl and was actually full (Thai) pedigree, which can make a difference. She was trained and learnt good behaviour but seemed to know the right thing to do in any case. Fun, loyal and very protective but would always give visitors a chance to show signs of friendliness, before outwardly showing any suspicion or aggressiveness. Thai people seem to know and respect this breed and most potential intruders or baddies probably just say "not worth it" and move on. 

It's always better if you bring a dog into the home as early as possible. Then be firm but give the animal the best life you can afford, plus plenty of love - then they are not likely to bite you. 

I knew this dog from a young puppy on wards.

He bit me when he was something like 6 months old,the owner had no clue about the dog and how to handle it.

After the dog bit a few people he was taken to Isan some where.

It may have been a good working dog but it needed an owner who could read and handle such a dog.

18 minutes ago, jvs said:

I knew this dog from a young puppy on wards.

He bit me when he was something like 6 months old,the owner had no clue about the dog and how to handle it.

After the dog bit a few people he was taken to Isan some where.

It may have been a good working dog but it needed an owner who could read and handle such a dog.

Fair enough.

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

Great dogs. Best choice here. Still miss mine. 

My daughter carries a 3" facial scar from the age of 4 when she tried to pet a family Thai Ridgeback & it bit her straight onto her face..... Fortunately, the scars follow her lip lines & are now almost not noticeable....I don't trust them.....They snap a unexpected times....Always wired....

They've had many over the years & all turned mean....

I much prefer the temperament of the Thai Bangkaew.....

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

My daughter carries a 3" facial scar from the age of 4 when she tried to pet a family Thai Ridgeback & it bit her straight onto her face..... Fortunately, the scars follow her lip lines & are now almost not noticeable....I don't trust them.....They snap a unexpected times....Always wired....

Yeah, I still have a scar on the bridge of my nose from a steel coffee can lid we were plying frisbee with. Still drinking coffee.

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

With all of these dogs it's usually how they are reared. 

"A" family might have not done it right.

A chap I knew had half his face taken off by a bangaew. 

I hope your daughter heals even better.

It is with a dog, you are the leader of the pack. Your energy is very important.

You need to train your dog from day 1 , being a puppy.

You must be consistent in your training and always repeat the same commands for the dog to understand.

You can see with the movies of Cesar Milano (youtube). Many people have problems with their dogs, as they dont know how to handle them.

To handle them as a human, wrong. It is a dog!

YOU MUST be the leader of the pak with the right energy showing. You can see with Cesar Milano movies, showing it. Amazing to see how he handles it.

You have a dog, train him, spend time on it, it is essential.

Same as with your kids. Give them the tools from day 1 and then hope it was enough for further live. As it can change tough, no matter what.

Only your dog will stay , till he dies. 

Saw a movie of pretty Thai woman on youtube, their family has Bangkeaw. She even tells she is afraid of the male, but then goes with him in the cage and the dog shows nothing but "love". So dont know where the "fear "comes from. I dont see anything wrong in the male dog.

See this amazing video ! Is she leader of the pack? She certainly is! Group is balanced, disciplined, all "terrible" bullies.

it is all about choosing a dog that fits the owner and the family. 

Sad to see so many have no clue about dogs, and choose wrong breed for the climate and also the potential damage they can do to a dog by picking wrong breed. 

A normal soi thai dog will fit most families, and also notice when intruders coming inside the fence. Very little maintanence and training needed.