Cheap blueberries

Hal65

Why Blueberries ?

search blueberries vs Mulberries

Mulberries are better + a lot cheaper,  in Makro they were last time looked 69 baht kg frozen

Myself took some cuttings years ago, now have 11 trees in my garden = as much as I can eat every day. being diabetic + on insulin for many years, likewise strawberries are diabetic friendly as is IN season cost 80 baht per kg at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ignis said:

Why Blueberries ?

Mulberries are better + a lot cheaper,  in Makro they were last time looked 69 baht kg frozen

Myself took some cuttings years ago, now have 11 trees in my garden = as much as I can eat every day. being diabetic + on insulin for many years, likewise strawberries are diabetic friendly as is IN season cost 80 baht per kg at the moment.

They also make a good wine :coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

19 minutes ago, ignis said:

And are wonderful for making home-made vino.

Sorry Brian , you got there before me.

3kg berries mashed in food processor, 9 litres water, 3kg sugar, squeeze of lemon, packet of Wine yeast. Two weeks, strain & rack off, a further two weeks, into old beer bottles and crown capped. Leave for 6 months IF YOU CAN !

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Why Blueberries ?

I think Mulberries are better too....And cheaper...

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

imagine what it might be like chewing used tampons, that's what it was like with the frozen mulberries 

Mix mulberries and raspberries and sugar and water and maybe some milk....Blend all of that in a blender......Great smoothie.......Its way way better than any smoothie you can buy from a shop......

Makro sells a bag of pre mixed frozen berries.....That also works good..

Edited by redwood1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i bought the Makro frozen mulberries, they reminded me of used tampons, similar texture, binned them

Don't know about the tampon reference, but agree, the frozen Makro mulberries are terrible.  And I like mulberries.

If eating for nutritional value, the Mulberries have the edge.   I just like blueberries better, and the ones available frozen at Makro are tasty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

imagine what it might be like chewing used tampons, that's what it was like with the frozen mulberries 

Never eaten frozen Mulberries, if I ever bought them - then put in a pot with hot water and crushed them for Mulberry juice Nothing added, when cold put in bottles and in the fridge for drinks..

These days have plenty, so mid morning go out and pick and eat them fresh from the trees.

45 minutes ago, ignis said:

Never eaten frozen Mulberries, if I ever bought them - then put in a pot with hot water and crushed them for Mulberry juice Nothing added, when cold put in bottles and in the fridge for drinks..

These days have plenty, so mid morning go out and pick and eat them fresh from the trees.

that sounds better, perhaps the Makro frozen mulberries i bought had defrosted, deteriorated and frozen again or maybe they're always like that

Thanks for the mulberries suggestion, I just read online they are sweet. Will check out Makro today.

When I switched from strawberries to blueberries in my daily oatmeal I cheated less (on my food not a girl). So my barometer for a good fruit is taste based, with berries at the top of the pack for nutritional value

14 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Thanks for the mulberries suggestion, I just read online they are sweet. Will check out Makro today.

When I switched from strawberries to blueberries in my daily oatmeal I cheated less (on my food not a girl). So my barometer for a good fruit is taste based, with berries at the top of the pack for nutritional value

Frozen Mulberries are terrible @ Makro (ARO brand)

Strawberries, just OK.   Blueberries good.   Eat the blueberries with my morning cereal also, added still frozen.

Strawberries I usually add frozen to yogurt, or un, to pancakes or waffles.   Yesterday's sweet tooth fix, adding more strawberries after that contractual photo ... ????

L' Cafe LA

image.png.055019dc678c487808b0c4738ab7aa98.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1