Bangkok makes pact with Moscow to collaborate on 6 aspects

webfact

7 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Thailand is so lucky is has hot weather during the Russian winter.  The Russian couple I met yesterday told me they absolutely despise Thai people and especially Thai food.  

Thais will eventually be displaced out of Phuket, Krabi and other destinations by Russian refugees.

Oh, and by the way I enquired what visa the couple I met yesterday were on.  Ed visa, bought, under the table, from a language school in Chalong.  60K baht.  No study or class attendance required.  The guy told me this was the cheapest one they could find, other schools wanted north of 80K apparently.

Rivers of gold for the Language schools and the immigration office to look the other way.

To add to the horror, I've read on here there may be an illegal International school for Russian children operating in Chalong......sounds like Thai's could be displaced in time as you stated............ 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Are you conceding that your data analysis was flawed?

My response:

1) my trading partner information came directly from my link and as far as I know it did not include investments and perfectly matched the scope of your OP which only addressed Thailand's trade in goods.

Accordingly this was my main focus in this context.

2) you have ignored the fact that, Japan is an ally of US and supporter of Ukraine as is Australia, South Korea and other members. So my assertion still holds true.

With respect, I would suggest that the rest of your response although it maybe interesting is possibly irrelevant in support your original hypothesis.

But good post!

Nope, we don't agree, that happens sometimes, oh well.

I'm not sure what Japan being a US ally has to do with Thai/US trade so I'll skip that, for a second time!

I prefer to take stats from the horses mouth, the Thai Central Bank and not from a commercial third party site.

Again, being a trading partner is more than just being a recipient of exports.

Let's agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Nope, we don't agree, that happens sometimes, oh well.

I'm not sure what Japan being a US ally has to do with Thai/US trade so I'll skip that, for a second time!

I prefer to take stats from the horses mouth, the Thai Central Bank and not from a commercial third party site.

Again, being a trading partner is more than just being a recipient of exports.

Let's agree to disagree.

Yet, you are the one who brought the Japan gotcha revelation into the discussion maybe you tell me !

Yet, in your original post you used stats from US not the horse's mouth.

Yet, your OP link used export data. 

I agree let's disagree! ????

Take Care!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Yet, you are the one who brought the Japan gotcha revelation into the discussion maybe you tell me !

Yet, in your original post you used stats from US not the horse's mouth.

Yet, your OP link used export data. 

I agree let's disagree! ????

Take Care!

Umm, you do realize that the link in the OP is from the US Government which like BOT is also the horses mouth, neither being third party commercial sites!

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Umm, you do realize that the link in the OP is from the US Government which like BOT is also the horses mouth, neither being third party commercial sites!

No, I didn't but thanks for the information I didn't know that the US and the BOT were the same entity! 

But why does you OP link quote "trade in goods" when you say I should address and include investment in a comparison.

Though I must admit my link was a poor choice done with little analysis but I find that all these rabbit holes you are trying to divert and deflect to do little to support your OP.

I found this link about Japan's commitment to sanctions against Russia interesting maybe you will too!

Japan, other G-7 leaders step up Russia sanctions | AP News

I agree with you I agree to disagree., you have your wish!

Cheers

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

No, I didn't but thanks for the information I didn't know that the US and the BOT were the same entity! 

But why does you OP link quote "trade in goods" when you say I should address and include investment in a comparison.

Though I must admit my link was a poor choice done with little analysis but I find that all these rabbit holes you are trying to divert and deflect to do little to support your OP.

I agree with you I agree to disagree., you have your wish!

Cheers

"I didn't know that the US and the BOT were the same entity"! Sarcasm can be great at times, can't it! Some people are not inclined to believe BOT numbers so providing a US government link for the US exports side, and a BOT link for the Thai exports side, removes any objections that might arise.

I posted the trade in goods initially because those stats alone confirm the point I made. It was you, in your subsequent post, who declared that the US was Thailand's biggest trading partner, an idea that subsequently needed to be refuted, hence a deeper exploration of what a trading partner really means.

My sense from your posts is that you haven't really come here intending to seriously debate US/Thai economics but instead to score points and find loop holes to try and trip up others. I'm sorry if you find the topic complex, it does involve lots of avenues and rarely if ever involves simple yes or no answers. I recommend you read more on the subject, it really is very interesting once you begin to understand it, complexities and all. 

OK I'm done now. Bye.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

sad, sad, sad. What's the matter with Thailand? Does it come from the people or from the false government? I think most Thai people cannot understand why Russia is molesting the civilian population and especially children in Ukraine. I wish that after the war Puttin's Russia will be suppressed forever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

My sense from your posts is that you haven't really come here intending to seriously debate US/Thai economics

True, I came to debate the topic of this forum! 

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Then why try to debate Thai US trade with me, did somebody make you! Tell you what, slot 8 on my ignore list is free, at least it was.

Hey, no need to put me on that list.

With respect, you seem to have an emotional attachment with Thai US trade. Maybe just as emotional as mine with the  Russia/Ukraine conflict.

If you want to debate it perhaps you should initiate a new topic.

Honestly I don't have any interest in Thai US Trade and have no expert knowledge about it so I will not engage.

Seriously I wish you well.

Take care!

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

Who cares really

30 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Then why try to debate Thai US trade with me, did somebody make you! Tell you what, slot 8 on my ignore list is free, at least it was.

Who cares about US or any country and their BS. Nobody does, that is the reality for 95% in Thailand. I care more about the food I will eat today.

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Who cares really

Who cares about US or any country and their BS. Nobody does, that is the reality for 95% in Thailand. I care more about the food I will eat today.

Ok, so you'd describe yourself as a well informed, globally connected well of socio/economic information then! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, nigelforbes said:

Ok, so you'd describe yourself as a well informed, globally connected well of socio/economic information then! 

I consider myself that well informed, that I certainly not eat US their BS stories anymore, neither the ones from EU or Russia. Gold and silver will do for now. Some people think they are well informed, while in reality I would say they are not, as they still worked their entire life not understanding the real big picture.

• Sad 1

On 4/3/2023 at 11:24 AM, FritsSikkink said:

What is a decent country? The countries who invaded Iraq on bogus claims?

That's because Bush and Cheney lied. Actually, Bush was always cutting brush in Texas, Cheney ran the show.

33 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I consider myself that well informed, that I certainly not eat US their BS stories anymore, neither the ones from EU or Russia. Gold and silver will do for now. Some people think they are well informed, while in reality I would say they are not, as they still worked their entire life not understanding the real big picture.

The true test of ignorance is considering oneself well informed while making blanket statements that a whole range of other people are not informed based on their political affiliation.

Only reading from one side of politics is another. Failing to post links to support arguments is yet another.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

23 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Surprise: mom and dad don't need to border run the same day

Yeah the guy would get Husband of the Year award for letting his young pretty wife ride alone overnight on a bus to another country full of drunks, whore mongers, Indians, and a Thai driver on Ya Ba.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Links no longer needed now that AN has supplied us with ChatGPT.  To settle the above argument, I asked: "Is trade between Thailand and the United States more important to the United States than it is to Thailand?"

ChatGPT replied: 

Done. Settled. Next?

Until or unless the rules are changed links are required. I see what you you are trying to do here. You really don't like to have to support your arguments do you?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

That's because Bush and Cheney lied. Actually, Bush was always cutting brush in Texas, Cheney ran the show.

Wonder why they didn't get an arrest warrant for the International Criminal Court as they killed loads of innocent people.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Wonder why they didn't get an arrest warrant for the International Criminal Court as they killed loads of innocent people.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the US recognises the ICC.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Yeah the guy would get Husband of the Year award for letting his young pretty wife ride alone overnight on a bus to another country full of drunks, whore mongers, Indians, and a Thai driver on Ya Ba.

You don't know that border runs are done in one day?

• Like 1