NE man takes an afternoon snooze in the park.....goodbye 80K that he needed for his brother's brain tumor

webfact

I also think that this story does not add up.

Why was he carrying around that amount of cash? If it was to pay the hospital, well he had already been there so why didn't he?

Nobody with a brain cell would have that money in a bag and lay it beside them and have a sleep. He could have shoved it down his trousers.

• Like 1

Damn Sad for him & Bro all concerned money + cell phone in bag taken for walk, thieves are opertunisistic scum hanging out at hospital easy pickings maybe , Was in Thai hospital on Koh Samui prior to op and treatment paid up like deposit balance after  placed credit card as collateral being foreigner ,  maybe things have changed no deposit no op in old days sad story if true ???? 

Edited by Mad mick

2 hours ago, proton said:

81k would not have gone far even in a government hospital these days

I don't understand why the operation is not free under the national health system. Anyway, a fool and his money are soon parted.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spock said:

I don't understand why the operation is not free under the national health system. 

Many good reasons as to why he's not having the op done under the 30 Baht scheme. Unfortunately we do not have full info as to why not.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

What makes me suspicious of this story is how he remembered his wife's phone number.  Before modern phones I had an almost photographic memory of numbers.  Now, because I don't actually dial them anymore, the only number I know is my own. How many of you can remember your wife's number?

Stunt, hoping for donations???

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Probably because he didn't need to deposit it at the hospital and he was not planning on having it stolen.

Probably because he'd told his brother that he had the money to pay for his brother's surgery but didn't really have it or didn't want to give it to him therefore made up the story he was going to give his brother the money but that it had been stolen.  

• Sad 2