Thai soon to be 15 years old girlfriends sons bedroom

Stevey

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm not sure how serious your relationship is, or how much you care about morals or values, but it seems like the woman is not exactly top drawer in the parenting department.  Perhaps you just want to have sex with her and don't care about anything else.  I assume you don't want to have children with her.

Three choices, as I see it.  1, Leave.  2, Tolerate it.  3, Clean it yourself, maybe even buy him some furniture, try to befriend the boy and see if you can become a positive influence in his life.

In terms of punishment, it's likely that neither the mother nor the son will allow that.  You only really have kindness and reward in your motivational toolbox.

What are your feelings about your relationship in terms of being a father figure to the boy?  Do you feel like you have any responsibility to help him in any way?  Or are you just "shaggin' his mum"?

He's probably not in a great mental state.  I guess an absent father and a busy mother?  Now some foreign guy has moved in.

Some might look at a room like that and think it's a sign of depression.

Well, the truth of it is, I was tricked. She made me believe she was a keeper. For a few years in to us getting serious and staying with each other long-term things were ok. Before that it was visiting on holidays, Then a year ago or so the mask started to slip. Complaining about his behaviour et cetera fell on deaf ears.

But there’s his younger 5year old brother that keeps me around, who’s great fun and dare I say worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The room is so bare and miserable to begin with though.  I can imagine simply having to stay in that room giving someone mental problems.

I'd be tempted to give it a clean, spend a few thousand Baht on some furniture, and see what affect that has.

Right now, is there a bed under the mess?

• Haha 1

Thats sad ! Brings back memories.
Many years ago my second child in the states was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome at age 10 !

His mom and I tried talking to him while consulting experts ! He managed to get through life.He’s 39 yrs old now , single ,financially successful and housework is not a priority , borderline doesn’t care! 

Go easy he’s your girl’s treasure besides  you !

Is he responsible in common areas?

Somebody mentioned depression .

Good luck Steve

• Love It 1

13 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

good idea. a lick of paint would be nice too, those bare walls make it look like a prison cell. I'm reaching for my antidepressants just looking at the photo ????

@BangkokReady @ChaiyaTH

Yes you are correct in your thoughts about try the kind approach. 

I’m not really made like that I’m more of a hang’em high type of guy. I’ll help anyone out like that Filipino girl at Savannkhet. 

But he has repeatedly stolen from his moms bag and we’ve had multiple instances of cash going missing. He just takes stuff that’s left on the side that he thinks he can sell for 20 baht that cost 300. 

Yes his mom is an evil bargirl who had him then left him with her normal sister while she carried on with Bar life looking for Mr. Right. In her forties she settled for me. 

I asked her a couple of months ago has he ever had any love from you in his life like his little brother who is five has had from us, she answered no.

I keep telling myself it’s a phase and I also had a messy bedroom when I was a boy, but the total disrespect to have a room in our house that is basically like a landfill site and has ants crawling up the wall from outside it’s just not on. 

And the lies, they just don’t stop. I heard his mum a few nights ago questioning him about where her power bank was. One thing about her is she’s got the most incredible memory I’ve ever come across in my life. She can remember a phone number that she only saw once 3 months ago, and then looks to me like I’m stupid when I say, how did you remember that. She knew that power bank was in her bike and she knows he took it. And she knows he stole my expensive charge block and iPhone charger lead that I left in a power outlet while I slept. 

what can you do, refurb his room buy him an iPhone 12 and a new wave and give him 500 baht a week pocket money. Nothing will change. 

He’s heartless. Stepped over our dying   Dog of two years with distemper like it was chicken he’s never seen before not a dog we’d got as a puppy that had run up to him every day when he go home from school. 

what concerns me is how he funds that amount of stuff in the wrappers. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But you're not married, so you could still clear out.  Perhaps she didn't plan to trick you, she just felt relaxed enough to be herself, or something else changed.

Well, the younger it starts, the easier it is to turn someone's life around.

Is it possible that you can try to love the place, find helping others rewarding, be a positive influence, etc.?  Not necessarily money, although a little might help, but just thinking "what can I do to help these people?".

I feel like, perhaps, if you're able to recalibrate your thinking, rather than seeing them as stupid or backward, seeing them as simple, humble people, you might have a better time.

I should have ditched her when I saw her first slip. But her younger son and I, then 4, were very close. He has seen the love and everything that little Dang has had and I suppose he must be jealous. 

I’d said and his mom had relayed if he was normal he’d have a new motorcycle and AC in his room but he has chosen this path. 

40 minutes ago, seajae said:

if you can accept living with this then you are thinking with your little head otherwise you would have sorted it out well before now. Maybe try growing a pair and telling her that if this isnt sorted out she is on her own as its not acceptable and getting your own place, there are plenty of good ones out there that would not accept this sort if garbage either

Sex is not frequent and it’s not something I’m that interested in TBH.

I know your right though. 

• Like 1