Wrong-Way-Driving Couple Suffers Serious Injury in Pattaya Motorbike Crash

snoop1130

197897-696x389.jpg

A Thai couple riding a motorbike in the wrong direction collided with another motorcyclist in Pattaya. The woman who rode on the back of her boyfriend’s motorbike suffered a gruesome injury.

Sawang Boriboon rescuers rushed to an accident site on Sukhumvit Road inbound to Sattahip near Pattaya Seven School in response to a report at 7:30 PM yesterday, April 9th.

Upon arriving, the rescuers found a blue Yamaha Spark and a black Honda CBR 150 motorbike fallen on the road. The first vehicle, which was considerably damaged, belonged to Mr. Woraphol Sombuakhu, 56, who sustained small scratches. The second belonged to a Thai couple, Mr. Chaiya Insukan, 24, and Ms. Natthida Suksamran, 27.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/10/wrong-way-driving-couple-suffers-serious-injury-in-pattaya-motorbike-crash/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I don't see any "gruesome" injury in the picture.  Can you elaborate please?

The third picture in the linked article shows a rather large wound on her leg, though it is very blurry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

and people still want to try to compare driving here to back home. remember the other day those defending the lady who reversed down the road. o this happens at home bla bla bla 

I have to agree... the standard here is abysmal..... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A son of the family across the road from me died when he rode his motorcycle into a pole by the side of the road, as Thais have a tendency to do, and ripped half his face off. The next day I saw his brother roar off down the road on his own bike, no helmet, wrong side of the road, having learned absolutely zero about the dangers. You cannot help these people. They are simply too stupid to live. As long as they don't drive into me I really don't care. 

People who care about life and limb, learn from the mistakes of others. Some are so resistant to change, so dense, so stubborn, so lacking in survival instincts, that they are utterly incapable of learning, progressing, moving forward, or improving as human beings. What can one say? 

From today:

Going the wrong way! Motorcyclist killed after collision in Phuket

Wrong-Way-Driving Couple Suffers Serious Injury in Pattaya Motorbike Crash

Waiting for more and pretty sure x such events unreported outside the tourist hotspots.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:02 AM, spidermike007 said:

People who care about life and limb, learn from the mistakes of others. Some are so resistant to change, so dense, so stubborn, so lacking in survival instincts, that they are utterly incapable of learning, progressing, moving forward, or improving as human beings. What can one say? 

Maybe it is best to say nothing.

But, always walk against the oncoming traffic.????????

On 4/11/2023 at 6:22 AM, RichardColeman said:

About time they made all perps of wrong way driving pay the government back for the costs of the hospital care and full multi million compensation to the victims

Bike rider on the wrong side of the road hit us 3 years ago, a local drunk. Cops turned up and decided it was out fault and he could ride on the other side, our insurance had to pay for him being in hospital for a week over bit of bruising and he made out he was injured for life and could not walk and work again- MIR scan proved he was lying.