Pheu Thai’s Promised Digital Wallet Merely Post-Election Payoff: Ex-Senator

webfact

image.jpeg

Former senator Kaewsan Atibodhi. Photo: Thai Rath

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

FORMER SENATOR KAEWSAN Atibodhi said Wednesday (Apr.12) the Pheu Thai campaign-pledged 10,000-baht digital wallet for all adolescents and adults might merely be deemed as a post-election payoff.

Kaewsan said the Pheu Thai digital wallet promised for each of all Thais aged 16 years and over to spend a maximum of 10,000 baht in six months could possibly be considered by the Election Commission as a sheer kickback in exchange for a landslide victory in the May 14 general election for the party of which deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is largely viewed as de facto boss.

The digital wallet which will be purportedly provided for use to buy goods and services but no alcoholic beverages or cigarettes and cannot be transferred into cash might probably fail to serve the Pheu Thai goal of stimulating the local or community-based economy nationwide, according to the former senator.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/04/12/pheu-thais-promised-digital-wallet-merely-post-election-payoff-ex-senator/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-04-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Voters will fall over themselves for 10,00 baht, will it happen? I'll believe it IF it happens! A free toothbrush would sway their vote!

Nice move, 10,000 baht  if we win or the usual 500 baht at the toll booth from the other candidates.

• Like 1

Former senator is right.   promises promises it won't matter people love free money and  it will stimulate the economy  it's also probably better than spending it on military hardware but the army don't see it that way all parties are promising more money anyway

21 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

A wonderful example of how we can expect to see even greater corruption if Pheu Thai succeeded at the polls.

They promote it as helping the poor.

And they always make sure there is enough spillover for all the middlemen.

The problem is obviously there is nothing the opposition can do. Should they argue with logic? Good luck with that one. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They promote it as helping the poor.

And they always make sure there is enough spillover for all the middlemen.

The problem is obviously there is nothing the opposition can do. Should they argue with logic? Good luck with that one. 

Try the same tactics and up the price?

• Haha 1

I'm liking it more now, consider it some much needed universal welfare that the current government has been lacking in. everywhere I look in this town I can see people in need of basics, so count me in. I haven't done the math but I like the concept. maybe they'll raise a wealth tax or cut a budget to pay for it. maybe the military budget is due for an adjustment?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Will it be the same ones (including Yingluck) that were skimming off the rice scam scheme.

Nice to see their scams moving with the times and into the digital age.

Nice to see you blame Yingluck.

Of course you can prove that she was guilty as you must have the links to do so.

Perhaps you just "forgot" to post them.

You do have the proof don't you?

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If this is considered a post election payoff then the other promises from the other parties should also be deemed so. Such as 

Raising the welfare card payments, giving land to people below the poverty line. The 3000 to 6000 monthly pay to Thais over the age of 60.

Of course the difference is how the schemes are budgeted whilst the other party's concentrate on a specific demograph  the PTT is  including Thai nationals not eligible to vote.

• Like 1