LTR and 90-day Reports

A message from LTR asks for 90-day reports from last day of arrival. It is not clear whether ALL  90-day reports from the date of arrival or the latest report is needed. Puzzled why LTR needs 90-day reports when all other requirements have been met. More hassle. How would one get the past 90-day reports?(I threw my old ones away)

2 hours ago, Pink Mist said:

You mean they are asking, during the document upload process for your application, for a copy of your last 90 day report?

This must be something new.  If you have an LTR already only annual reporting is needed.

Would this mean it's better to give an address abroad (outside Thailand) when applying? Supposing you are applying from abroad to come and pick up the visa in TH once approved/issued.

1 minute ago, JackGats said:

Would this mean it's better to give an address abroad (outside Thailand) when applying? Supposing you are applying from abroad to come and pick up the visa in TH once approved/issued.

Nothing is mailed at all no matter where you are.  It is all done on the site. You apply through the BOI Website BOI VISA Service, and after everything is uploaded they will either ask for more uploads, or if all meets the requirements you will be given an approval.  You should receive the approval by e-mail which will look like this:

Dear LTR applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved for LTR Visa issuance and the Notification Letter for Qualifications Endorsement for your LTR Visa has been successfully issued.

Kindly login to your LTR Visa account and make an appointment for the LTR Visa issuance at your selected location via your LTR Visa account.

Application No. : LTRWP

LTR Visa category : Wealthy Pensioners

Submission date : 14-09-2022

Applicant's name and surname : 

Email : 

Phone number : 

Staff in charge : Screen 7

Then please download, print out and bring the following documents together with other required documents in order to present to the immigration officer on the appointment date.

1. the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa
  2. TM.94 form (doubel-sided)
  3. STM.8 form (double-sided)
  4. the appointment confirmation document / processing fee payment form from the system.

For other required documents and visa issuance at One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit Center (OSS) guidance, please click here

For visa issuance at Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General guidance, please click here

Please note that the result of the qualifications endorsement for LTR Visa is valid for a period of 60 days upon receiving this email. Therefore, please collect the visa before the result expires, otherwise you must apply for the qualifications endorsement again.

IMPORTANT:

If you are currently on a Thai visa category which needs to be cancelled before receiving LTR such as Non-B, Non-O (spouse visa), Smart Visa, Non-O (except for Non-O Retirement visa), please terminate the current visa while asking the immigration officer to allow extra days of permission to stay after the cancellation or arrange for the visa cancellation on the same day as the appointment date at the immigration office where you got your current visa from.

For further information about current visa termination, please contact the immigration office where you got the current visa from or contact the LTR Screen staff in-charge for guidance if you wish to get the LTR visa and terminate the current visa on the same day

Note: This is an auto-generated email. Please do not reply to this email.

Kind regards,
LTR Visa Unit
Thailand Board of Investment

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When they issued my visa they required my wife to be present for the cancellation of my "Thai-Wife" extension of stay.

They also wanted to see my last 90 days report, which I thought was a hassle from the Immigration people who didn't want to miss any opportunity to fleece people late in their reporting. It is likely that immigration see these LTR visa as a threat to their illicit sources of income.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

When they issued my visa they required my wife to be present for the cancellation of my "Thai-Wife" extension of stay.

They also wanted to see my last 90 days report, which I thought was a hassle from the Immigration people who didn't want to miss any opportunity to fleece people late in their reporting. It is likely that immigration see these LTR visa as a threat to their illicit sources of income.

What if you were out of Thailand when you got the LRT approval, then entered Thailand (on a 30-day permit) to receive your LRT? Would they require 90-day reports you got months or years ago, whatever the last time was you stayed in Thailand more than 3 months in a row? Most people would detach and throw away their 90-day reports as soon as they leave Thailand for more than a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

A message from LTR asks for 90-day reports from last day of arrival. It is not clear whether ALL  90-day reports from the date of arrival or the latest report is needed. Puzzled why LTR needs 90-day reports when all other requirements have been met. More hassle. How would one get the past 90-day reports?(I threw my old ones away)

I just saw this thread....they only need your latest 90 day address report; not all of them since last entry.  When I was doing 1 year Non O/OA retirement and marriage extensions, Bangkok/CW immigration would usually ask for a copy of my latest 90 day report also.   Just a request that's typical at most immigration offices.

BoI Chomchuri Square Immigration requires your latest 90 day report for issue of the LTR.   They will also ask for a TM6 although you may not have one....if not having a TM6 because one was never issued you just respond that one was never issued especially if your arrived by air over the last few years. 

Unless something has changed recently you are not required to upload a 90 day address report in the initial application although you can upload it as as Other doc during the application.  But based on my experience (i.e., when I got my LTR Pensioner visa approved Dec 2022) unless BoI has your latest 90 day address report they will request it before final endorsement since immigration wants to see it.   It's just your latest 90 day report they want to see; not all of them since last entry. 

And as mentioned by JackGats above it possible you may have recently entered/reentered Thailand and a 90 day address report is not due yet.  You would just explain that to BoI in a memo pointing out your last entry date and a 90 day report is not due yet.  

And I see in the main LTR thread you got your LTR visa approved & issued....congrats.

Edited by Pib
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, HerewardtheWake said:

The LTR requires an annual report at the local Immigration office, akin to  the 90-day report. At the time of this required annual report, what documents are needed to be provided? Thanks.

BoI has not yet published anything on the BoI LTR Visa website about how to accomplish the 1 year address report but they have published guidance on the BoI "SMART" Visa website as the SMART visa also requires 1 year address reporting.  I expect the same guidance will apply to the LTR visa which will be to report in-person (or authorized rep) to the BoI Chamchuri Sq Immigration Office "or" by mail.    See below post for more info.  And the BoI "SMART" Visa website seems to be down at this moment in time...but I expect it will be backup soon.

Edited by Pib

• 7 months later...

I must do annual LTR reporting in Jan. 2024 and want to know the document requirements. I have emailed this question to BOI but have not received an answer yet. I will post any answer I get here. 

Reporting requirements for Smart Visa holders (https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/pages/how-to-manage.html)
4.1) 1-year Reporting to the Immigration bureau at the One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit

1. Smart Visa holders staying in Thailand for a period longer than 1 year consecutively are required to report the current address to the Immigration at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) either in person, or by authorizing someone to report for you on your behalf. This report must be done on a yearly basis counting from Smart Visa issuance date (15 days before or 7 days after the date specified on 1-year report notification card). However, in the case of re-entering the Kingdom, the report will be due in 1 year from the date of the latest arrival.

The documents required to be submitted to the immigration are as follows.

TM.91 Form (completely filled out and signed)
Passport
T.M. 6 Card (arrival/departure card)
1-Year report notification card (if any) *
T.M. 61 Form (For authorized person reporting on behalf of smart visa holder who lives in Bangkok)

LTR Visa Unit reply on LTR annual reporting requirements below.
"Dear ____,
Greeting from LTR Visa Unit.

When you are outside of Thailand, there is no requirement for reporting. However, once you return to Thailand, you must report annually, starting from either the date of visa issuance or the most recent arrival into Thailand (whichever is later).

To clarify, you are only required to report to the Immigration if you stay continuously in Thailand for a period of 1 year without leaving.

If you leave Thailand before completing 1 year, based on the entry stamp in your passport, there is no obligation to report.

Additionally, if you are unable to personally go for reporting, you can authorize someone else to do it on your behalf.

LTR Visa holders residing in Thailand continuously for more than 1 year are required to report their current address to the local Immigration office of their residence. This report can be done either in person or by an authorized representative and must be completed annually from the LTR Visa issuance date. However, for individuals re-entering the Kingdom, the report will be due 1 year from the date of the latest arrival. LTR Visa holders can submit the report 15 days before or 7 days after the due date.

The necessary documents for this report include:

1. Passport

2. TM.95 Form (completely filled out and signed) [Download link: https://www.immigration.go.th/?avada_portfolio=คำสั่งสำนักงานตรวจคนเข-3 (Page 14)

3. T.M. 6 Card (or arrival/departure card if applicable)

4. 1-Year report notification card (if available)"

The following suggests I do not have to report because I travelled internationaly in December 2023 -- 2 months before planned annual reporting.

"To clarify, you are only required to report to the Immigration if you stay continuously in Thailand for a period of 1 year without leaving. If you leave Thailand before completing 1 year, based on the entry stamp in your passport, there is no obligation to report."

What do you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes...just like for 90 day reporting under a typical non-immigrant visa if you exit Thailand before the 90 day report is due then no report is due until 90 days after you reenter Thailand.  An exit/reentry resets the 90 day reporting clock.

Or said "for a LTR visa which requires 365 day address reporting vs 90 days," if you exit Thailand before the 365 day report is due then no report is due until 365 days after you reentered Thailand.    An exit/reentry resets the 365 day address reporting clock.

So, since you exited/reenter Thailand in XX Dec 2023 then an LTR 365 day address report is not due/required until XX Dec 2024.   And if you exit/reenter Thailand before XX Dec 2024 then you have just reset the clock again.  For a LTR visa person who exits/reenters Thailand at least once a year they would never have to do an address report.

But if you stay longer than 365 days then you do need to do a report at your local immigration office who supposedly now have a clue about LTR visas and how to handle a 365 day address report.    Supposedly no longer a requirement that you must do the address report only at the BoI Bangkok Chamchuri Sq Immigration Office in person or designated representative to go in your place.

On 4/13/2023 at 12:15 PM, HerewardtheWake said:

How would one get the past 90-day reports?(I threw my old ones away)

If you have filed online, sign in to the website, click on "Check the status of application".   The page with refresh and you will see all the old receipts as small PDF icons which you can  click and print.

BOI requires an old TM47 ( 90days) receipt for LTR visa applications :

Screenshot2024-01-04171125.png.123097a9879a44db2ec87fb03991a437.png

Edited by Thailand J

They just want the most recent. They are making sure you are currently up-to-date with your immigration requirements.

Ah! I just remembered, this is the 1 year anniversary of my pensioner LTR.

Edited by MPoll

• 3 months later...