Guinness? Can I buy bottles or cans of Guinness in Pattaya area?

Nip

I do enjoy the black stuff and would like to enjoy a can or two of Guinness at home. I have checked online and cant find anybody retailing Guinness in the Chonburi area. Perhaps somebody could help me out please?

When I choose to drink Guinness, it's because I like the taste and the texture of the drink -- not because I'm trying to get blitzed...

I'd buy a 0% Guinness if it were available here.

PS - I was in Hua Hin earlier this year at a pub that sometimes sells Guinness on tap...  I asked the staff why their Guinness stocking was inconsistent, and my waitress replied that at their price of nearly 300b per pint, punters were choosing other options.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

On the same subject, I see that there is Guiness 0% available in UK now.

Tried the Heineken 0% here, not bad, but more expensive than 5% stuff, and still cannot buy between 2 & 5pm.  555

The zero Guinness is not at all bad, very drinkable once you get over the zero alcohol label.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with all those who've referred to Guinness zero - I tried a whole bunch of zero alcohol beers when I was home in the UK last year and Guinness zero was the best-tasting one out of the whole lot. It's also the one that tastes most like its alcoholic counterpart.

And, at least for a couple of weeks while I was there and it was on special offer in Morrison's, it was also the cheapest one I could find.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I agree with all those who've referred to Guinness zero - I tried a whole bunch of zero alcohol beers when I was home in the UK last year and Guinness zero was the best-tasting one out of the whole lot. It's also the one that tastes most like its alcoholic counterpart.

And, at least for a couple of weeks while I was there and it was on special offer in Morrison's, it was also the cheapest one I could find.

I didn’t believe it possible to take the alcohol out of Guinness and for it to taste ok. I would go as far as to say it would pass the taste test 9 out of 10 times. Indeed it was actually devoid of the after taste. Guinness should run a taste test promotion like the old Pepsi/Coca Cola taste test. Target female drinkers perhaps?

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I choose to drink Guinness, it's because I like the taste and the texture of the drink -- not because I'm trying to get blitzed...

I'd buy a 0% Guinness if it were available here.

PS - I was in Hua Hin earlier this year at a pub that sometimes sells Guinness on tap...  I asked the staff why their Guinness stocking was inconsistent, and my waitress replied that at their price of nearly 300b per pint, punters were choosing other options.

It was previously available at the airport bar at 500 Baht a pint, they have the guinness tap on the counter but the last couple of times i asked was informed no have.

2 hours ago, Nip said:

I've been drinking the black stuff be it in bottles, cans and on draught for almost 50 years all around the world that is inc Thailand and a couple of months ago back home I had a meal in my daughters house and after dinner I was offered a can of Guinness. Nah I said I would be driving and the grippers will surely nab me. No she argued it was 0% alcohol. It took some persuading as I am a Guinness purest but I tried it and I concede it was almost as good as the real thing. 

I am interested whare you purchased bottled guinness in Thailand, i have only ever seen cans, i checked with wish beer and they told me bottled is not available in Thailand

31 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

I am interested whare you purchased bottled guinness in Thailand, i have only ever seen cans, i checked with wish beer and they told me bottled is not available in Thailand

Mai Sai at the Burmese duty free had cans the last time I was there you wont find it here something to do with the widget from memory ????

50 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

No I drank it in Ireland. That is back home. I’m trying to find out if available here in Thailand. 

57 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

It was previously available at the airport bar at 500 Baht a pint, they have the guinness tap on the counter but the last couple of times i asked was informed no have.

I’m looking for cans. 

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Mai Sai at the Burmese duty free had cans the last time I was there you wont find it here something to do with the widget from memory ????

I am in Chiang Rai at present and have been to Mai Sai many times, never had any reason to head over to Burma. The dark beer Lao is a decent drop, but now very costly if you have to pay the tax

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Ladyboys have the same problem. Just kidding. Could be I’ve no idea. 

38 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Not seen cans in Pattaya for 10 years or more. Foodland had it back in the day

Thanks, I do I think recall seeing them in Foodland...

1 hour ago, Alidiver said:

In answer to your question and not the hijacked topic.

I've thoroughly searched Pattaya and its not available. 

I did find a stout in Tops in Central Festival though.

Thanks for that. 

11 hours ago, Nip said:

I’m looking for cans. 

You could try looking in that supermarket next to Mikes, think it is called "Modern" but not sure if still open. They used to have a fair selection of beers.

It may not be from the UK. I was with friends in a craft beer bar in Prachinburi last weekend and one had a can of guiness, but it was from Malaysia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You could try looking in that supermarket next to Mikes, think it is called "Modern" but not sure if still open. They used to have a fair selection of beers.

It may not be from the UK. I was with friends in a craft beer bar in Prachinburi last weekend and one had a can of guiness, but it was from Malaysia.

Thanks I’ll  heck it out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

I did ask the same question from a few pubs. They said importing cans is not allowed, something to do with licensing. But they can import in kegs for on tap purposes. 

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Interesting. I’ll be in Hat Yai soon. Thanks