Pheu Thai’s Digital Wallet Plan Less Costly Than Other Parties’ Schemes: Somchai

webfact

The bid for votes is intensifying, can't imagine what they will be offering as the vote gets closer, how about a new Benz for all over 15? A Honda Scoopy, a Louis Vuitton bag, a Rolex watch.................................?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The once-and-for-all 10,000-baht digital wallet would cost some 540 billion baht whilst the Palang Pracharath populist campaign to provide 3,000 to 5,000 baht in cost-of-living allowance for elderly people on monthly basis would total over two trillion baht throughout a four-year legislative term, accounting for four times as much as the Pheu Thai policy, Somchai pointed out.

Pheu Thai trying to entice the younger generation.

Palang Pracharath trying to hang on to the elderly who are set in their ways of thinking.

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Is the idea of giving this Bht 10000 to youngsters a ploy to make them persuade their parents to vote for PT.?

The money is to be spent locally, VAT will help fill the trough which they can then pilfer at a later date!

20 minutes ago, 2baht said:

The money is to be spent locally, VAT will help fill the trough which they can then pilfer at a later date!

I know this, but there is Sweet Miss Adams within 4km of where my Mrs is registered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I know this, but there is Sweet Miss Adams within 4km of where my Mrs is registered.

It5 doesn't matter at this point. Firstly PT has to become the government and get a good look at what is left, if anything, in the treasury.

Then they can, if they wish, tweak the distances in the program..

If they need more budget the current government is already supporting 14 plus million Thais, they are also giving away 50% travel and hotel costs most months, the military budget has risen every year since the coup, they could sack 1,000 generals and nobody would notice or care. They could scrap the non completed submarines and the F 35 project, scrap national service, cut the military in half and turn it professional.

3 hours ago, connda said:

It's vote buying using public money.  If allowed, it shows exactly how democratic elections have devolved to the point where overt corruption is the norm.  Da*m sad.

Yet ALL the parties are doing it.

• Confused 1