Getting a Visa in Savannakhet

On 4/15/2023 at 9:29 AM, thaitom said:

No, you don't need to bring the original, just a copy will do.

last time i went they asked to see the original, don't risk it take everything you may need.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

From Bangkok, I recommend VIP overnight bus to Mukdahan for the outbound leg, and a fly-ride ticket from Mukdahan to Don Muang for the return. I hate long bus journeys, but it makes sense in this case. It connects really well with the first international bus of the day from Mukdahan across the bridge to Savannakhet. You cannot fly and still arrive in time to apply for the visa the same day. On the other hand, a fly-ride ticket on the return connects well and gets you back in Bangkok the same evening.

From elsewhere, check out the Nok Air and Air Asia websites for fly-ride tickets to Mukdahan that work well from your location. I would suggest crossing to Savannakhet immediately (two nights in Savannakhet) if flying rather than a night in Mukdahan. I never enjoy getting up really early.

Sounds like a horrible plan but thanks for the extensive reply and information.

In my logic you can simply fly in the afternoon from Bangkok, take a taxi to the border and stay over night, be the first the next morning to cross and do the application. Leave the next day again and fly back by evening too.

So my question basically was and is: how's about taxi's and minivans at the airport (roi et).

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So my question basically was and is: how's about taxi's and minivans at the airport (roi et).

I am sure, for a price, you can arrange transport (at least by taxi) from any of the airports. For those not wanting a combined air+minibus ticket, it is probably best to fly to Ubon. I believe there are some minibuses from Ubon airport to Mukdahan, but unsure when they leave. There are certainly plenty of taxis there.

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

From Bangkok, I recommend VIP overnight bus to Mukdahan for the outbound leg, and a fly-ride ticket from Mukdahan to Don Muang for the return. I hate long bus journeys, but it makes sense in this case. It connects really well with the first international bus of the day from Mukdahan across the bridge to Savannakhet. You cannot fly and still arrive in time to apply for the visa the same day. On the other hand, a fly-ride ticket on the return connects well and gets you back in Bangkok the same evening.

From elsewhere, check out the Nok Air and Air Asia websites for fly-ride tickets to Mukdahan that work well from your location. I would suggest crossing to Savannakhet immediately (two nights in Savannakhet) if flying rather than a night in Mukdahan. I never enjoy getting up really early.

Good advice!

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

I agree and appreciate you (amongst a few others) giving sound advice. Keep up the good work Champ!  

To the OP- notice he said a VIP bus. I wouldn’t make any trip for more than ancouple gours on ansecond class bus. Kick back and relax. Bring some snacks if you need them because they include a warm bottle of water and a bag of terrible, sugary snacks. I usually offer them to anyone sitting near me if I see they are enjoying them.