Really Wish I Hadn't Invited My Friend To Visit

Brewster67

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't particularly like talking to strangers .

I do find it rather awkward when I am in my own space and thoughts and someone jumps out and wants to talk with me and I need to try and make small talk with them , I simply don't like doing it , and I also don't like divulging any personal information .

Don't take it personally, I just don't particularly like talking to strangers in the street 

And that’s perfectly understandable. I remember getting involved in a conversation, I didn’t want to be in with somebody talking in Big C a while back, and he just turned out to be a complete nutcase.

Someone say he should’ve been a perfect match for me. 

56 minutes ago, Stevey said:

But the shy guys aren’t reading my posts. They are generally looking at me then quickly looking away. 

Im in a different position to maybe the majority of the Isaan Crowd as I’m visible younger. Do older nearer 60 age guys have the same problem ?

i’m sure I remember a few years ago that Simon who has that channel LOS on YouTube made a video concerning this strange situation of Falangs not acknowledging other Falangs. 

I’ve enclosed a photo of myself to maybe help people understand my situation

D0F9D647-71A2-449B-BD05-34F6C0F99D84.jpeg

epic.

On 4/19/2023 at 12:01 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck at "my time" there were no mobile phones around. And for sure no phones with cameras.

I think the guy with the polaroid camera in G-Spot knew that I didn't want any pictures. ???? 

pt-PolaroidSpectra-01.jpg?fit=1600,1201&

No gogo I ever went in would have allowed photos, and anyone trying to would have been out the door smartish.

That was even the rule on Pattaya's walking street before the Chinese invasion when they used their mobile phones en mass. I used to sneak pictures by hiding the camera in my bag.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No gogo I ever went in would have allowed photos, and anyone trying to would have been out the door smartish.

That was even the rule on Pattaya's walking street before the Chinese invasion when they used their mobile phones en mass. I used to sneak pictures by hiding the camera in my bag.

Then asks guys who visited Thailand 30 years ago. They will tell you that "professional" photographers walked through the bars with their polaroid cameras, and they made pictures of guys sitting together with girls on demand. I don't remember, maybe something like 100B per picture.

These photographers were well known to the bar owners and they knew the rules. They didn't take pictures of things which officially didn't happen.

That was like this in Nana and Cowboy. I don't remember much from Pattaya from that time.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Then asks guys who visited Thailand 30 years ago. They will tell you that "professional" photographers walked through the bars with their polaroid cameras, and they made pictures of guys sitting together with girls on demand. I don't remember, maybe something like 100B per picture.

These photographers were well known to the bar owners and they knew the rules. They didn't take pictures of things which officially didn't happen.

That was like this in Nana and Cowboy. I don't remember much from Pattaya from that time.

I vaguely remember that, but I was referring to ordinary customers  using cameras. My time in gogos basically ended in the beginning of this century, as I preferred less expensive rentals, so I can't comment as relating to using mobile phones. Given the number of photos on the internet of inside gogos things have obviously changed.

Back then they banned taking cameras into cinemas, but they gave up that policy after phone cameras became the norm.

PS. This discussion jogged my memory of taking photos inside a north Pattaya gogo. However, I was a regular customer and had a regular girl in the gogo, and was allowed to take a photo of her with my back to the stage. I wasn't allowed to take photos  of other girls or the stage.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I vaguely remember that, but I was referring to ordinary customers  using cameras. My time in gogos basically ended in the beginning of this century, as I preferred less expensive rentals, so I can't comment as relating to using mobile phones. Given the number of photos on the internet of inside gogos things have obviously changed.

Back then they banned taking cameras into cinemas, but they gave up that policy after phone cameras became the norm.

It all depends.

A long time ago I could walk with my "big" Nikon camera into G-Spot and take pictures. I knew one of the owners and he allowed it. He trusted me and I never published any of those pictures.

And even now I am allowed to take pictures in several bars with my mobile phone. The owner is my friend, and he trusts me. I don't take pictures of customers or any girls who don't want that.

But some girls like it. And obviously they want that I share the pics with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It all depends.

A long time ago I could walk with my "big" Nikon camera into G-Spot and take pictures. I knew one of the owners and he allowed it. He trusted me and I never published any of those pictures.

And even now I am allowed to take pictures in several bars with my mobile phone. The owner is my friend, and he trusts me. I don't take pictures of customers or any girls who don't want that.

But some girls like it. And obviously they want that I share the pics with them.

What do you do with the photos?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What do you do with the photos?

Sometimes I look at them just like other pictures from people and events.

Did you ever take a picture of a girl you liked? What do you do with it?

The difference in bars is that they are often dancing with bikinis or sexy uniforms. I like that.

I don't have any social media account to post any of those pictures. I also don't share them in any other way. They are just personal reminders like pictures used to be before the internet. 

I post here from time to time pictures of sexy girls. All those pictures are already on the internet, this is where I have them from (links of saved). I don't publish private pictures. 

angelwitch-nana-plaza-2.jpg.032ccdbd1a9c274fe68f96798e5f1287.jpg

15 hours ago, Stevey said:

And that’s perfectly understandable. I remember getting involved in a conversation, I didn’t want to be in with somebody talking in Big C a while back, and he just turned out to be a complete nutcase.

Someone say he should’ve been a perfect match for me. 

I may have received an E-mail that morning making me an offer and contemplating whether to accept that offer or not or whether to reject it .

Suddenly some felang jumps out the shadows and says "Allright mate , whats your name "

"Its Mac" 

"My names John, nice to meet you , wot u doing here "?

"Just on holiday"

"I live here , I am married to a Thai Wife , she is 26 years younger than me and she weights 37 kilos and she looks ten years younger than she is and shes really beautiful  . my Thai wife really likes me  , she dont mind me going out for a "drink with me mates" , nudge nudge . wink wink and my Thai wife speaks good English  , My Thai wifes cooks really good Issan food, that is where she come rom "

Jeeeezzz, is that the time, I really need to be going , nice to meet you John, see you again next time

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I may have received an E-mail that morning making me an offer and contemplating whether to accept that offer or not or whether to reject it .

Suddenly some felang jumps out the shadows and says "Allright mate , whats your name "

"Its Mac" 

"Just on holiday"

"I live here , I am married to a Thai Wife , she is 26 years younger than me and she weights 37 kilos and she looks ten years younger than she is and shes really beautiful  . my Thai wife really likes me  , she dont mind me going out for a "drink with me mates" , nudge nudge . wink wink and my Thai wife speaks good English  , My Thai wifes cooks really good Issan food, that is where she come rom "

Jeeeezzz, is that the time, I really need to be going , nice to meet you John, see you again next time

I had someone come up to me recently similar to that in Melbourne. Out of the blue mid fifties guy talking about his trips to Vietnam and Thailand as a single man, how he stays at cheap hotels but could afford more as he has two properties, how his suburb in Melbourne is terrible now as it is full of immigrants. When in Thailand I am mainly with the girlfriend and it made me think interaction with expats in some cases may be best when you can log off, or go to the next topic, rather than as a somewhat captive audience at a bar or something.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

it was more recent than 30 years ago. Perhaps 20.  There were a number of men and women with large polaroid units and flashes on nana, cowboy and along sukhumvit between the two.

But the phtgraphers werent quite as neutral as you make out. They knew almost all the women (scene was very tight) and many a fellow found themself in trouble with their current favourite because someone slipped them a polaroid.

Edited by n00dle

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They will tell you that "professional" photographers walked through the bars with their polaroid cameras, and they made pictures of guys sitting together with girls on demand.

There's still one of those guys left on Patpong, I see him in the Pink Panther on the rare occasion I'm down there. Older Thai fella, white goatee, rides a Honda Phantom I think. 

Dunno how much business he gets, if any. Not sure what type of camera he uses either as i'm not a photography buff and even if I did ask I'd be too plastered to remember the info.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, n00dle said:

it was more recent than 30 years ago. Perhaps 20.  There were a number of men and women with large polaroid units and flashes on nana, cowboy and along sukhumvit between the two.

But the phtgraphers werent quite as neutral as you make out. They knew almost all the women (scene was very tight) and many a fellow found themself in trouble with their current favourite because someone slipped them a polaroid.

About the grapevine in Nana. Before the invention of the mobile phones, it seemed the girls knew everything, or at least everything they wanted to know. If a guy had a gf in one bar and he walked into another bar, then likely his gf knew it even before he sat down. 

On 4/15/2023 at 8:24 PM, Lacessit said:

Alcohol removes inhibitions, irrespective of nationality. Although some people can behave badly when stone cold sober.

I would not invite anyone here unless I knew they would not embarrass me.

With so many lovely ladies to look at, roads to drive, hills to climb, food to eat why would anyone want to hang out with some loud drunk guy for 10 days I don't know. 10 minutes be too long for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

About the grapevine in Nana. Before the invention of the mobile phones, it seemed the girls knew everything, or at least everything they wanted to know. If a guy had a gf in one bar and he walked into another bar, then likely his gf knew it even before he sat down. 

it was oddly intimate. I was far deeper into the clubs and soi zero than the gogos, but the after hours scene threw everyone together.  

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:08 AM, nigelforbes said:

"Despite trying to play the informed tourist guide role, she was convinced that virtually every Thai female she saw was a hooker and that the entire country had been given over to the sex trade......... "

Your niece is pretty smart. You're right.

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Its Mac" 

"Just on holiday"

That was the guy. It taught me nothing good ever comes good of anybody stopping you and starting a conversation in the supermarket, and telling his life story. 

My guy was probably lonely. Not hard here especially for the older guys who have had some family peg it back home and with the ‘ I’m walking , I’m looking at the floor and I cannot see you ‘ situation there is little opportunity for to make a friend. Although many of those are of the North European bent and you probably wouldn’t be missing much in not getting acquainted with them. 

There’s a meet up point for Falang in the town that I was invited to a while back. I had a think about it and came to the conclusion that although I should really develop local relations I just couldn’t get past the fact that the patrons of said meeting place has shown themselves to be less than friendly on every occasion I had encountered them so on the day of the meet I declined. 

Later on I heard from an acquaintance that there is a large German contingent and non teutonic language speakers can find themselves frozen out. So I’ll probably made a wise decision.

19 hours ago, simon43 said:

Hmm, if your name is 'Stevey', why do you upload a photo of male model David Gandy? (Google Image Search is wonderful isn't it?)

And I’d of got away with it too, if you weren’t so clever with the technology an that ! 

48 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Sounds like this guy is lonely so drinks, the more he drinks the more he is isolated, the more he is isolated the more he drinks.

you have just decribed half the forum that decided to settle in a thai village without understanding so much as a word of thai.

6 minutes ago, n00dle said:

you have just decribed half the forum that decided to settle in a thai village without understanding so much as a word of thai.

Try an Isaan village without knowing a word. It is liberating, and fantastic. 

I do understand a bit more now, but I want to keep my privilege to not learn the language. 

On 4/19/2023 at 12:16 AM, Stevey said:

after I’ve berated them in front of their wife they’ve spoken back and there English is okay and sometimes they are even English !! then I  always say “your English, that’s even worse ! “ ???? 

Johnny No-mates Alert.

I'll always toss back a nod. But if they don't want to nod? I want to set them free from nod-dom

It the southern US, idiots ask me where I hail from. I say Manhattan and list my cross streets (14th Street. and Third Avenue).

Then they say something like "I hail from the great state of Mississippi", and I'm like, great to who? Somalians?

But a nod-nagger is actually worse than hailer. Thanks for clearing that up.

12 hours ago, Stevey said:

And I’d of got away with it too, if you weren’t so clever with the technology an that ! 

You really are famous! I snapped this huge photo of you at Manchester airport yesterday:)IMG_20230420_073008.thumb.jpg.2c5d5530b8e21578c5bfa9b71e079260.jpg

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It all depends.

Fair enough, but you are not some casual customer that no one knows and just wants to take photos of the girls in a gogo.

However, as I said things could be different now.

10 hours ago, n00dle said:

My wife's mother was a well known woman in the village and all the old women used to gather under the house to gossip. I knew they were talking about me as they frequently referred to "the farang", and I was very happy to not understand what the old harpies were saying about me, as my MIL hated me.

Personally I had no problem not having conversational Thai language skills as I never found a Thai I wanted to have a conversation with that didn't speak English.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1