Security guard stomps on American tourist’s head in Phuket (video)

webfact

3 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

The Yank should wake up and realize the rest of the world ain't America and he can't whine about "safe spaces", "micro-aggression" and his precious rights in Thailand. From the video evidence it looks like the Ugly American started the fight. He paid the consequences. Now accept them like a man and leave Thailand.

You dont get safe spaces in night clubs man...not even in the US.  Start a fight in a club...getting stomped is a given.  There's shootings in and around nightclubs every week in my hometown. You might be mixing nightclubs up with festivals 

4 hours ago, khunjeff said:

For whatever it's worth, he says in a video that the story was misreported, and that the time was actually between 11:30 and 11:45pm.

And he accused the DJ of stealing his phone, which he has now retracted. Plus he didn't just try to walk away like he first stated and the woman trying to stop it may have taken a few hits of him, too. He came. He got drunk. He made a false accusation. He started a fight. He got beat. He cried about it all the way home. 

By way of observation, only his word re 'head stomping' (he looks remarkably well for a true recipient from my experience)

The video shows as best as it's low res does that he's swinging and active well into the melee

There's a girl too mentioned above who may/may not have connected with some retaliatory shot(s)

All in all he's bigging up a very trivial alleged 'broken nose' (good ones blacken out and largely close both eyes as well as flattening the beak) as a ruse to amplify his poor me/victim stance.

3 hours ago, BestB said:

But that does not change the fact, he started a fight for whatever reason, had his a$$ kicked and then wants something to be done? what if shoe was on the other foot, what would he be screaming then?

I don't believe him either. No way a DJ randomly attacks one of the guests.

I DJd for over 15 years in UK, Pubs/Clubs/Social Functions - nearly always get the odd <deleted> pi shd up trying to come the Oracle, occaisionally ends like this. !00% support the DJ doing his Job, this <deleted> got what he deserved, Next!

16 hours ago, Lokie said:

I DJd for over 15 years in UK, Pubs/Clubs/Social Functions - nearly always get the odd <deleted> pi shd up trying to come the Oracle, occaisionally ends like this. !00% support the DJ doing his Job, this <deleted> got what he deserved, Next!

You may very well get banned for posting that 

Watching the video he was out of line, Thai folks enjoying their night out and then this drunk shows up and ruins theparty. Then demand compensation after startingthe fight. Get on the plane and leave, no one likes a drunk who starts fights

• Thumbs Up 1

Results of opening bars till 4 am... 2 am is more than enough and besides that, Thai people can't talk with their mouth, they only way the talk is with their fists...It is common as they know no other ways because it is taught in schools and in their families

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

maybe, but I find it really hard to care to be honest

I hope you never need to care, too.

I've travelled and lived on-and-off in Thailand for the last 25 years, and I've seen extreme reactions from Thai males to the most minor of situations. Whether the American started the trouble or not, stomping on someone's head (or using a weapon, be it improvised or carried, which is very common with Thais) is way out of order. It's the result of the mai bpen rai/face-saving BS and the pent up tension that goes with it, that goes on all over SE Asia.

Maybe one day you'll stand up for yourself or make a minor off-the-cuff comment someone takes offence to, and get an absolute kicking. You'll care then!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Maybe one day you'll stand up for yourself or make a minor off-the-cuff comment someone takes offence to, and get an absolute kicking.

Assume you are speaking from experience? (Yes, I have been in a few stoushes over the years here).

10 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Someone other than the DJ stole his phone but he ends up fighting the DJ? 

It's reported that the security guard has been fined by the police shrewd move? it puts that to bed.

The Yank is lucky it wasn't in USA he'd be a statistic.

Get drunk and start fighting with a Thai this is often the result.

1 hour ago, isaanistical said:

Assume you are speaking from experience? (Yes, I have been in a few stoushes over the years here).

Yes, I am, although I've not personally had a kicking. (Sometimes more luck than judgement, in my younger years.) I've seen plenty though, both Thai on Thai and Thai on foreigner. It's not just limited to Thais kicking off on tourists.

12 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Without even reading this and i don't care what the situation was this guy must have deserved a slapping, but stomping on his head is a tad extreme

Agreed. Stomping is typically only justified when being a total dickwad but maybe this guy was being a total dickwad.

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Everyday we see the standard of tourist that Thailand attracts. Now, I wonder why that is....

It’s true, I’m a snowbird so see Thailand in the high season. I’m quite surprised that the standard of tourist that Thailand attracts is very bad compared to around 5/10 years ago. I’ve been coming since 1984, have lived the marvelous years of Phuket and the the other islands. The other islands I’d never go back to,  stayed 3 months in Phuket last year but that was a failure due to post Covid and empty restaurants, unlit streets, and general abandonment. My mistake, but wanted to see old friends. This year they warned me off, crowds , tons of arrogant longstayers ( won’t say the nationality)., beaches over crowded and restaurants submerged also because of lack of staff. So I stayed in Jomtien. There it was mostly the same, but I have my good addresses. Bangkok was the only place I felt was more upmarket and more to my taste. Definitely there’s a going to the dog’s atmosphere, and I’m thinking I might not be back so soon.  I left for Bali, and sadly it’s no better. It hurts me to see Thailand , and Bali , like this, having known these countries and their neighbours for so long. Great memories to look back on . 

10 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Maybe one day you'll stand up for yourself or make a minor off-the-cuff comment someone takes offence to, and get an absolute kicking. You'll care then!

Well yes, I'm under the under assumption this was guy was causing trouble but maybe he was  just slightly rude and deserve this. Who knows without being there....

Doesn't really matter what time it was, he falsely accused the 'wrong' DJ of stealing his phone, then started throwing punches, now DJ sue him for false accusations, and attempted GBH. 

Sorry septic but you deserved what you got. 

20 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Perhaps, had the bar closed on time the altercation would not have occurred.

There seem to be a lot of disageeing face comments. I was under the impression that the closing time or bars and clubs in Phuket had (again) been limited by the Governor to 0200 hours. If I'm wrong and it is, in fact, 0400 then I withdraw my comment. Sometines I have diffculty seeing through the natural phenomenon of smog. ????