Finnish man accused by neighbours of insulting Thai people

snoop1130

9 hours ago, 2009 said:

So, it's ok then?

no it is not ok but anyone with half a brain would know better than to get into the position where it could happen...he wasn't just walking along whistling and jumped by a gang of Thais.  But go right ahead and blame it all on the Thais as  is obvious from your posts .  Bad behavior often leads to bad outcomes regardless of where it occurs.   Go into a bar or store in anywhere USA and insult all the good ole boys hanging around and see how that works out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

But go right ahead and blame it all on the Thais as  is obvious from your posts . 

Of course I am blaming it on them.....they did it!!

10 of them.....and with weapons too.

• Love It 1

This is just another case of male-on-male violence being applauded.

You see it all over the Internet. And when a man is assaulted victim blaming is just the standard excuse.

Honestly, it's no different that sitting at the colosseum watching it as sport.

Add in the twist that it's a dumb, drunk falang - a guest in Amazing Thailand - and it's even more entertaining and justified, apparently.

I am waiting to see the case of a person from another demographic being the victim of a 10 man assault - perhaps a woman - and then let's see how you change your tune. There won't be any victim blaming, I assume.

Some lives matter more than others, apparently.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pomchop said:

Go into a bar or store in anywhere USA and insult all the good ole boys hanging around and see how that works out.

But the thing is, the people who did this were regular people in the neighborhood/village.

Imagine it happened in the West.

Someone is outside your home, shouting a local insult, for example, "Cow"

Then, you go out and bop him on the head with a weapon. Then, you call out for the neighbors to join in. And of course, 10 neighbors appear and beat the guy.

It just wouldn't happen where I come from. The regular people where I come from are not like that.

Sure, there are nasty gangs where I come from that you might have the misfortune of coming across, but these attackers were just normal Thai villagers.

Maybe if you are from Compton or some other hood/ghetto. 

And if it did happen in the West, it would be considered attempted murder and dealt with by the police.

I think some posters on here have totally lost touch with civilization.

I understand, Thailand can have that affect on farang, especially when you live out in a low socioeconomic area like where this attack happened. I lived out in those parts for a good decade.

I know the things that are normalized out there are just not normal at all.

Best thing I did was move back to Bangkok. You really notice the difference after doing time in an Isaan village. 

You can even notice a big difference in people living in the big Isaan cities compared with those out in the rural villages.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just seen the video and a tall felang was abusing a small Thai woman shop keeper and there were Children in the shop as well 

The felang continued the abuse , even after being told to go home/away and he sat right outside the shop continuing the abuse .

That is when the machetes came out and the Thai guy told him to go away .

The falang got what he deserved 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pomchop said:

no it is not ok but anyone with half a brain would know better than to get into the position where it could happen...he wasn't just walking along whistling and jumped by a gang of Thais.  But go right ahead and blame it all on the Thais as  is obvious from your posts .  Bad behavior often leads to bad outcomes regardless of where it occurs.   Go into a bar or store in anywhere USA and insult all the good ole boys hanging around and see how that works out.

So,  what we have here is some drunken, dumb, Farang arrogance met by Thai unrestrained, xenophobic, savagery leading to serious injury. A very minor misdemeanour met by what could have ended up death. If that's ok with you we are not living in the same world.

6 hours ago, SGD said:

So many sad Thai apologists still on this forum

Issan is not your nanny state country where cops are a few minutes away and government controls every facet of life. Issan is completely opposite. Villagers are still independent and self-reliant, taking care of their own problems without feeling the need to immediately call a cop or a lawyer to fix their problems.

There's a lot of people in our Farang countries that can continually get away with being absolute jerks because they no longer have a fear of getting their heads broken. Punch them out and you're looking at jail and a lawsuit. I prefer Issan justice over that any day and justice can be swift here as this guy found out. He's not going to be rude in the village again.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, 2009 said:

I consider the people involved in this attack low lives.

You know, the ones you are defending.

Watch the video. The farang is the low life. Got what he deserved. Deport him. 20 year ban.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/18/2023 at 6:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

Jarae, who neither speaks nor understands Thai, did not engage with anyone. However, Oh, the female shop owner, expressed her displeasure with Jarae and stated that she did not like him.

Aoy reported that she and her husband were unaware of why the shop owner was unhappy with them. However, she suggested that Jarae’s loud speaking might have been misinterpreted as anger directed towards them.

I'm confused by this relating of events.  How could Jarae's loud speaking be misinterpreted as anger towards them if he did not engage with anyone?  

Something is fishy here... of course.  There are always multiple angles here.  When something seems this odd, that generally means there is something missing from the story... not saying he at all deserved this horrible treatment, but there is more to this story I think.  

17 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Well, here's the video so you can all see for yourself. The guy goes in, he's drunk, buys a beer that costs 70 baht, pays with an app but only pays 60 baht for it, shopkeeper asks him for 10 baht more, he starts insulting her, then throws the bag at her and tells her to fornicate with herself. Her hubby presumable comes in with a knife to protect the small lady shopkeeper against the aggro large farang and unsheathes it, then puts it back after he backs off from the wife. Farang goes home finally after his wife comes and shoves him out the door to keep him away from more trouble. He mouths off as he is leaving. An hour later, he returns to sit outside the shop talking <deleted> and continue the conflict. Hope this link works.

https://v.redd.it/m3db2qhixvua1/HLSPlaylist.m3u8?f=sd%2ChlsSpecOrder&v=1&a=1684557713%2CYTZkNzVkYTQ0N2NiZDYyZDMzOTM5ZjE3M2EwZWRiMmE5MjJjNjhhNTg4M2QxMTM3YTdjOTAyNGQ1OWE1MGFkNw%3D%3D

Basically, can be summed up with "som nom na". Perhaps one day the anti-Thai brigade on here will learn what this means and understand the potential consequences of their actions. Doubt it though, we'll just wait for the TV thread and video when you finally enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Video clearly shows the farang to be scum. Arrogant, drunk scum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wealthychef said:

I'm confused by this relating of events.  How could Jarae's loud speaking be misinterpreted as anger towards them if he did not engage with anyone?  

Something is fishy here... of course.  There are always multiple angles here.  When something seems this odd, that generally means there is something missing from the story... not saying he at all deserved this horrible treatment, but there is more to this story I think.  

Watch the video.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ningnong said:

Issan is not your nanny state country where cops are a few minutes away and government controls every facet of life. Issan is completely opposite. Villagers are still independent and self-reliant, taking care of their own problems without feeling the need to immediately call a cop or a lawyer to fix their problems.

There's a lot of people in our Farang countries that can continually get away with being absolute jerks because they no longer have a fear of getting their heads broken. Punch them out and you're looking at jail and a lawsuit. I prefer Issan justice over that any day and justice can be swift here as this guy found out. He's not going to be rude in the village again.

They look like regular decent people who had to deal with a selfish aggressive farang. Guy deserved no better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SGD said:

So many sad Thai apologists still on this forum.

Do you think that by defending any Thai actions, you are actually getting the White Knight reward you so eagerly desire ?

No, you are sad, trying to be "more Thai than the Thais".

No... you have failed to misunderstanding of what 'many' people have written - I haven’t read anyone defending the actions of the Thai thugs mob actions in attacking the Finnish guy. 

No one is condoning a physical attack... But what a lot of people are saying is that if you behave poorly there are going to be consequences... 

... its seems clear that this guy ‘had it coming’.... thats not the same as being ’the White Knight’ or being ‘more Thai than the Thais’....   seems like you just want to sound off a few ‘buzz words’.

Usually we’d see a general forum response condemning of the Thai thuggery, people like you jump up and throw out accusations of being ’Thai Bashers’...    Why is it the general consensus of the forum has not taken that mindset ?  (rhetorical).

You’re on the wrong side of the line in accusing the consensus of being ’Thai Apologists’ in this example - you’ve got it wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

So,  what we have here is some drunken, dumb, Farang arrogance met by Thai unrestrained, xenophobic, savagery leading to serious injury. A very minor misdemeanour met by what could have ended up death. If that's ok with you we are not living in the same world.

I'd suggest the Thai response was quite restrained - did you see the size of the knife ? 

In very similar settings all over Thailand foreigners are readily welcomed as a part of the community when they behaving as part of the community.

I’m am one of the first to ’shout xenophobia’ when it comes to the Thai governments handling of certain policies - this is not an example of xenophobia, not even close. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No... you have failed to misunderstanding of what 'many' people have written - I haven’t read anyone defending the actions of the Thai thugs mob actions in attacking the Finnish guy. 

No one is condoning a physical attack... But what a lot of people are saying is that if you behave poorly there are going to be consequences... 

... its seems clear that this guy ‘had it coming’.... thats not the same as being ’the White Knight’ or being ‘more Thai than the Thais’....   seems like you just want to sound off a few ‘buzz words’.

Usually we’d see a general forum response condemning of the Thai thuggery, people like you jump up and throw out accusations of being ’Thai Bashers’...    Why is it the general consensus of the forum has not taken that mindset ?  (rhetorical).

You’re on the wrong side of the line in accusing the consensus of being ’Thai Apologists’ in this example - you’ve got it wrong.

The farang abused a harmless short woman with kids around. Then came back and caused more trouble.

I wonder if the farangs criticising the Thais are like this guy. The guy asked for trouble and got it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1