A Trump Civil Trial Is About to Start. It’s a Nightmare for Him.

onthedarkside

19 hours ago, vandeventer said:

It's no nightmare for him as he is used to the treatment from the Democrats  Some say show me the man And I will find a crime. Trump 2024!!!

It's no nightmare for him as he is used to the mistreatment of women, including his wives. Some say show me the man and I will show you his vast number of crimes. Trump 2024!!! The guy will crush in GOP primaries, then be crushed in the general... We've seen this show before. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

At least he can spell EIGHT unlike Biden.

Try all you like with gotchas.... There's always another one with 45. He may be able to spell eight, but has trouble with the phrase "truth social" ????‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Prove it!!!

You'll be shocked to learn that xylophone is using the same kind of argument Trump supporters use when they predict a Trump victory as proof of the validity of their arguments. Not that you would know about such a thing. One does hope, though, that unlike those supporters, who claim Trump wins even when he loses, xylophone will have the good grace to concede the error should events prove it to be one.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Try all you like with gotchas.... There's always another one with 45. He may be able to spell eight, but has trouble with the phrase "truth social" ????‍♂️

According to people who've worked with him, it's not clear he has much in the way of reading skills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You'll be shocked to learn that xylophone is using the same kind of argument Trump supporters use when they predict a Trump victory as proof of the validity of their arguments. Not that you would know about such a thing. One does hope, though, that unlike those supporters, who claim Trump wins even when he loses, xylophone will have the good grace to concede the error should events prove it to be one.

Perhaps I was wrong @placeholder, because I thought that when he was ordered to pay more than $2 million to charities because she had fraudulently misused their funds and paid some of his business debts with them, that this constituted a crime??

Sure it is the act of a lying lowlife, and he even owned up to misusing their funds, which unfortunately some jurisdictions don't see as a crime?

23 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

Trump now faces the immediate prospect of a face-to-face courtroom battle with a woman he described as a “nut job” who “enjoyed” being sexually assaulted.

So did Trump admit to the assault but claim that she enjoyed it (as this sentence suggests) or was he saying it was consensual and she enjoyed it?  The former seems unlikely, and, if it isn't true, I'm surprised they would write it.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So did Trump admit to the assault but claim that she enjoyed it (as this sentence suggests) or was he saying it was consensual and she enjoyed it?  The former seems unlikely, and, if it isn't true, I'm surprised they would write it.

Make of it what you will but despite Trumps attempts to dismiss the cases the judge was having none of it so we now have the trial

"Donald Trump called the writer E Jean Carroll a “nut job” in video testimony last year and falsely claimed she had enjoyed being sexually assaulted – prompting her lawyer to ask if he was admitting he had raped her, according to freshly unsealed testimony.

The New York court on Friday also rejected as “absurd” Trump’s attempt to have dismissed the two lawsuits against him by Carroll, alleging rape and libel. An April trial is planned."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/14/donald-trump-e-jean-carroll-lawsuit-nut-job

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Soon as his poll numbers go up you guys will say how great he is! Right!

This is kind of a clueless comment. You just criticize someone for making a predictions in the case of Trump as a way to bolster their argument, and here you go making predictions about Robert Kennedy as a way to bolster your argument. Double standards much?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Make of it what you will but despite Trumps attempts to dismiss the cases the judge was having none of it so we now have the trial

"Donald Trump called the writer E Jean Carroll a “nut job” in video testimony last year and falsely claimed she had enjoyed being sexually assaulted – prompting her lawyer to ask if he was admitting he had raped her, according to freshly unsealed testimony.

The New York court on Friday also rejected as “absurd” Trump’s attempt to have dismissed the two lawsuits against him by Carroll, alleging rape and libel. An April trial is planned."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/14/donald-trump-e-jean-carroll-lawsuit-nut-job

Interesting.  Perhaps he meant it as in she enjoys people sexually assaulting her.  A weird thing to say, but not quite an admission of guilt.

I wonder how they know that it was a false claim?  They have proof that it is not true?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

Interesting.  Perhaps he meant it as in she enjoys people sexually assaulting her.  A weird thing to say, but not quite an admission of guilt.

I wonder how they know that it was a false claim?  They have proof that it is not true?

You're asking me if they have proof? There is a trial and the outcome will be decided by the jury

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If you had read the linked to Guardian article, you wouldn't have to ask these questions.

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You're asking me if they have proof? There is a trial and the outcome will be decided by the jury

No.  The newspaper said it was a false claim.  I'm wondering if they have proof that it is false.  It sounds difficult to know whether she enjoyed being sexually assaulted or not.

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you quote the relevant please?  I can't see the article.

Well, based on her interview with [CNN’s] Anderson Cooper, I believe that’s what took place. And we can define that … I think she said that rape was sexy – which it’s not, by the way.”

What Carroll had described is that she prefers to use the word fight, not rape because some other people “think rape is sexy”.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, based on her interview with [CNN’s] Anderson Cooper, I believe that’s what took place. And we can define that … I think she said that rape was sexy – which it’s not, by the way.”

What Carroll had described is that she prefers to use the word fight, not rape because some other people “think rape is sexy”.

You'd need to have proof that she didn't enjoy being sexually assaulted.  It doesn't sound like they have that.

12 hours ago, pomchop said:
Trump:  I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

This may not play to well with the Jury trying to claim you would not have done what you brag about having done.

In Pattaya you can. Millions of guys have done worse than him. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1