Couple leaves taps, gas and lights on in Airbnb as they get revenge on host

ChipButty

1 minute ago, timendres said:

The idea behind that well known expression is that a person should wait until they cool down before executing their revenge. This way the person waiting to extract revenge should be able to make and execute a better plan for revenge than they might while they are still hot and angry.

Ok never knew what they meant.

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If someone wants to play hotel, then he shouldn't be surprised if the guests behave like if they are in a hotel.

And, let's amend that to illegal hotel for Thailand if the stays are less than 30 days.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, timendres said:
17 hours ago, bignok said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Huh?  Don't think so.  I think you'll find that "revenge is a meal best served cold".

Does it taste better cold?

The idea behind that well known expression is that a person should wait until they cool down before executing their revenge. This way the person waiting to extract revenge should be able to make and execute a better plan for revenge than they might while they are still hot and angry.

I know what the well-known expression means, hence my post. 

"Revenge is a bitter meal" is not the well-known expression.

12 minutes ago, markclover said:

Most landlords deserve it.  A 5 day call to the the speaking clock should do it.

Why do most landlords deserve it, because they own property and you don't?

Have to say I haven't increased the rent on my flat in the UK for 5 years whilst my Service Charge has increased 56% and my insurance has increased 63%, would I deserve that also!

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 10:33 PM, bignok said:

But take money. That's dodgy. Never used them.

Nothing dodgy about it. When you search you can see the location on a map but it is accurate to maybe one small block. You get the exact address after booking but you can see perfectly well where the property is. I have used Airbnb dozens of times in many countries and always been happy with my location as I knew where I wanted to stay - it is not like you say "Bangkok" and you have no idea where in Bangkok you'll be. Also they always have pictures in their listing so you can see the view from the apartment.

And anyway that's what reviews are for - go and check them before you book.

The people in the OP obviously hadn't researched the city they were going to, it's nothing to do with Airbnb concealing the location as it is very clear where you are (and yes what you see here is accurate because I have stayed in some of them).

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 12.16.51.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 12.37.38.png

On 4/23/2023 at 5:15 PM, timendres said:

What you say makes sense, but I thought the idea was that, after time passes, the revenge will have a greater impact on the person who receives it. Whatever they did to deserve revenge, let them think they got away with it. In the future they will no longer expect retaliation, forget about it, drop their guard, return to normal routines of life. And then out of the blue...WHAM!...your revenge comes raining down with shock and awe to make them regret the day they ever met you.???? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

I love revenge.  Not enough of it in society. There needs to be more to stop evil people thinking they can get away with rotten behaviour.

Revenge usually involves rotten behaviour ... as in the OP.

Edited by BusyB

On 4/21/2023 at 9:35 PM, bignok said:

Paying up front for a month is not clever. Pay 2 nights at a time.

Unlikely to be possible for a house/apartment where there probably will be follow-on bookings from others.  Only viable for hotels where there are tons of identical rooms

• Thumbs Up 1