Drunk hit-and-run driver in Bangkok flees scene with victim clinging to bonnet (video)

webfact

I'm sure Daddy will be peeved at him for having to pay for his son's actions.

Oh and I thought there was a law about driving with a red plate at night, apart from the DUI, leaving the scene. The only real punishment this rich kid will learn from is some jail time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

You write so much unrealistic rubbish.

So, he is a police officer? Hanging on to the bonnet,lol

Maybe I am the only person in touch with reality.

Who does that?

Just take down his number plate and give it to the police, lol

Edited by 2009
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 2009 said:

So, he is a police officer? Hanging on to the bonnet,lol

Maybe I am the only person in touch with reality.

Who does that?

Just take down his number plate and give it to the police, lol

Seems you're way out of tounch with how the police work / what they fcus on / who they don't focus on in this country.

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 6:11 AM, VinnieK said:

Slap on the wrist, 10 baht fine, etc 

You know the drill.

Probably right. This is a 20-year-old rich kid who got a Merc from his daddy, even though he’s obviously got sh*t for brains and can’t drive worth a damn. Now daddy can use his money to buy his spoilt brat of a son out of trouble. 

20 year-old... Mercedes Benz... There's enough money behind him to make this go away, no big deal. He negotiated with the victim down to 50,000. Hell if I'd negotiate down after he fled the scene! Although I could understand his fear of being surrounded by a bunch of "win" guys, he obviously wasn't on the way to report to the police. He should get slam dunked by the justice system, but obviously that's not going to happen after he was allowed to negotiate down to half! of what is in line with the law's max penalty. I'm curious if anyone here knows what really happens in cases like these. Articles often mention penalties that the law calls for, but I rarely ever read if they actually get charged and convicted or if the settlement that they make with the victim alone concludes the matter?

the return off boss redbull these rich spoiled babyboys know they can get away with murder when theirs parents have money i think even with the new Pita goverment this will never change

this is what Thailand is about some money here some money there and babyboy strikes again

On 4/21/2023 at 5:31 PM, 2009 said:

I dunno. I'll leave that to the lawyers.

They guy hanging onto his bonnet was playing sillybuggers. It was not the accident in progress. The accident was a separate event.

It looked like they were trying to get into the locked vehicle or trying to get the driver out.

If either of which had transpired, the driver could have been on the receiving end of a violent gang attack, so he/she fled to safety. Fair enough.

I don't think the motorcycle drivers had any right to do that to someone after an accident. They should let the police handle the matter.

The police handling of the matter would be to call the hiso driver in at his own convenience and after he'd had enough time to sober up... so maybe in this case the taxi drivers were on to something by trying to detain the driver at the scene - one suggestion to them if the car was in a safe location would have been to deflate the tires and wait for the BIB to arrive 

Regardless of who he is related to, charge him with attempted manslaughter, (is there such a charge?) and lock him up for decades. What kind of worm would continue with another person clinging to his car? Where does this guy come from? Who were his parents, and why did they fail so miserably? Where is the sense of right and wrong, the ethics, or the morality? What a waste of oxygen, he is consuming. 

red_worm_composting_close.JPG

Edited by spidermike007