Importing a used car

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense...unless you're driving so close to the vehicle in front, in which case, drop back.  

Have you driven left hand drive in Thailand or anywhere else they drive on the left?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You didn't seem to understand the problems of driving a left hand drive car in Thailand.

There are many L/H drive cars and lorry's from Laos driving in LOS with no ploblem.

I had a L/H drive car in the UK for 23 years, with no real ploblem..........:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:
18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Left hand drive is not "a big NO" in Thailand.

Why is that?

His statement that it is "a big NO" suggested that it is not permitted...it is. 

Even if he was just referring to the driver's position, LHD does not make driving here "a big NO" for any half-capable driver.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

There are many L/H drive cars and lorry's from Laos driving in LOS with no ploblem.

I had a L/H drive car in the UK for 23 years, with no real ploblem..........:stoner:

The risks are already high enough driving in Thailand, why would you add to them?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hahahahahahaaa...!    Not much of an authority on the subject, then.

If you are going to quote someone, don't edit the quote to suit your reply.

The only rule against editing quotes is that the context must not be changed.  I did not change the context of your comment re my question.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The only rule against editing quotes is that the context must not be changed.  I did not change the context of your comment.

No, you just cherry picked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Anyone can be an expert on anything on Thai Visa, you included.

That's what most posters seem to think...unfortunately, but, you cannot be an expert of any degree on the subject of driving LHD cars in Thailand, though, if you've never driven a LHD car in a RHD country,,,you included!

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The only rule against editing quotes is that the context must not be changed.  I did not change the context of your comment.

No, you just cherry picked.

What do you mean "No"?   What I said was 100% accurate.

Report my comment, then, if that's what you want to think.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's what most posters seem to think...unfortunately, but, you cannot be an expert of any degree on the subject of driving LHD cars in Thailand, though, if you've never driven a LHD car in a RHD country,,,you included!

You can say you have, but have you really?

Edited by giddyup

26 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

so what do i have to do to overtake I NEED TO KNOW urgently

In Thailand, Nothing, don't look behind you or use mirrors,

don't indicate ever

just pull out to overtake without seeing what's coming in the opposite direction.:shock1:

• Haha 2

On 4/22/2023 at 9:11 AM, blackshadow said:

what is wrong with steering being on the left ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing if your in Cambodia. I'm guessing you have no idea about, Thailand driving on the Left, or their abysmal driving. :post-4641-1156694572:

25 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I imported a car from the States into the UK and drove on the "wrong side" for 5 years. You get used to it.

The UK driving standards are 200% better than Thailand you can never get used to it here even with a RHD.

• Like 1

I am from Singapore and had the intention to import my electric Mazda to Thailand where I plan to retire in 10years time. 

The car cost almost 5mil THB in Singapore and is only valid for 10years after which I have to either scrap or continue paying a premium to extend the rights for me to drive it for another 10years. ( At current market, another 2.5mil THB to extend)

Was considering doing the import route considering how much I already paid for this car, would be a waste to send it to the scrap yard after 10years but from the response here, seems near impossible or at least not financially feasible. 

Edited by leclec

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

The risks are already high enough driving in Thailand, why would you add to them?

I don't see it a risk if the L/H drive operator knows what he is doing, I mean, I had a L/H drive car in the UK for 23 years without incidence, so it can be done......:stoner:

Trans555.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

I wonder who thought my post was "SAD".................????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No such thing!

Gordon Murray Automotive.

Well on forum posts gma means give me attention.

Well, not on mine, it doesn't, I post in English, not in abbreviated "forum-speak", which I believe is against the rules, isn't it? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1