Turkish man assaults Pattaya restaurant worker, leaving him in a coma

webfact

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Because you don't really understand what you're reading?

Can you explain how I might be "the pot calling the kettle black"?

That your posts are getting longer and longer in your desperation to convince everyone that your way is better. It appears that you cannot accept that others have a different perspective that won’t ever agree with yours. So you just post the same things again and again; thinking that you are right and we are wrong.  
Let it go, you already made you point. We aren’t going to agree. You are just trying to force your opinion. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Anybody's eyes.  You can think it's stupid or you can think it's the best thing ever.  Up to you.

Sure, some people like it.  Some people don't.

I advise staying indoors through Songkran, to avoid selfish people that don't care about whether you want to take part or not.  If you're a tourist and your holiday happens to be during Songkran, I'm not sure that is practical.

How do you "willingly attend" something that happens everywhere anyway?

By being there - simple.

If you're a foreigner you have a choice which is why I CHOOSE to not be in Pattaya between April 12-20. Been there, done that!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NextG said:

If I don’t want to get wet, I wear a raincoat. 
If you want to be defiant and expect everyone to bend to your will, expect to be disabused of that notion. 

"The defiant will be punished for their actions!"

Wow!  You're so chilled out, positive and in harmony with nature!  :cheesy:

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Must-have-a-fight deserves criminal charges. 

he went into the water fights willingly..can't cry he didn't know water would be thrown at him

Edited by tandor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

By being there - simple.

If you're a foreigner you have a choice which is why I CHOOSE to not be in Pattaya between April 12-20. Been there, done that!

Not all foreigners have a choice, nor do Thais who don't want to be soaked while they go about their daily business.

Songkran happens all over Thailand.  It is not isolated to Pattaya.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Impossible. Worst excuse ever.

I was in Pats for Songkran and I am sorry this POS is lying through his teeth and lower orifice.  You could not move any where near or on walking street at night without people shooting water.  Even if you were not playing you were still going to get wet. 

This guy is full of crap.  

The thing that I noticed was that walking street was not all that crowded.   During the day Beach road was actually quiet with just sporadic spots but people were having fun and if someone said no for the most part they were let pass.

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Songkran and the water wars events are well known worldwide. If you're a tourist and don't like it, don't go to Thailand at this short time.

Absolutely, if you have that choice.  Many foreigners and Thais living in Thailand do not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Absolutely, if you have that choice.  Many foreigners and Thais living in Thailand do not.

I survived many Songkrans in Thailand. The first two or three years I took part in the water wars. Since then I try to avoid it and it's possible even in Pattaya. 

Your right, for Thais/expats on their way to work it ain't fun to get wet. But outside sin city it's ionly three days of chaos.

And the ones who are the toughest water fighters and do not respect any existing rules are often foreign tourists coming to Thailand for that reason and for what they call fun

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mad mick said:

Well at least not an Aussie or Brit for change  , hec you know it's Songkran Thai new year just chill have some fun go home ,Your guest in there country if you don't like Thai tradition Don't go , simple as that .. 

lm sorry missed part man in Como very sad hope he makes full recovery & Turk does time im Bangkok Hilton " it's cowards act let alone throwing bottles at others Thai New Year Chill ????  if you don't like it don't go out ?

Edited by Mad mick
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I survived many Songkrans in Thailand. The first two or three years I took part in the water wars. Since then I try to avoid it and it's possible even in Pattaya. 

Your right, for Thais/expats on their way to work it ain't fun to get wet. But outside sin city it's ionly three days of chaos.

And the ones who are the toughest water fighters and do not respect any existing rules are often foreign tourists coming to Thailand for that reason and for what they call fun

It's inconvenient, but it's kind of just a quirk of Thailand.

I don't see any reason to get upset about it, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with people sharing their opinions on some of the more negative aspects of it. ????‍♂️

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

All tourist know its well known event worldwide ???? ???? few days it's over the old plastic rain coat or plastic cover pouch for >???? all will be OK or stay away 

7 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Stupid tradition, but  that's no excuse...

disagree it's  Thai new year or did you mean stupid Turk insulting * assaulting others He's coward & fool Bkk Hilton next stop that wipesmile off his dile & damage to property  throwing  bottles etc,. its only water + powder fun for day or so up to you ! IF don't like don't go out  ! After all its Thai people & there Country ! it is what it is ????chill ???? 

Edited by Mad mick

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Eyewitnesses reported that Mr A. had been involved in several altercations during the festival, including hitting two French tourists with a bottle, causing damage to a nearby marijuana shop.

He bottled 2 guys and they (police) just let him keep on going to assault more people? wtf? Should've arrested him right then, and avoid this tragedy. Hopefully he's jailed for a long time then deported. There's nothing worse than violent tourists who seek fights.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Eyewitnesses reported that Mr A. had been involved in several altercations during the festival, including hitting two French tourists with a bottle, causing damage to a nearby marijuana shop.

He bottled 2 guys and they (police) just let him keep on going to assault more people? wtf? Should've arrested him right then, and avoid this tragedy. Hopefully he's jailed for a long time then deported. There's nothing worse than violent tourists who seek fights.

Meanwhile, in another thread (Finnish guy received some local justice) we read the suggesting from some forum members (stoner) who suggest calling the Police...  As you can see from this, the Police don’t do a whole lot until its too late. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d4dang said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just one example: a model going to work, was soaked. Had to go home and change again, she was late for her appointment and lost 5000 Baht... She is suing the people in her street for loss of earnings. 

pricey appointment....maybe she should have dressed at work which a lot of people do during Songkran

I think it was more to do with the makeup than clothes...  BUT... I agree, she knew what day it was and knew there was a risk... (she could have taken a GrabCar / Taxi instead of the GrabBike / Win).

The point I wanted to make is that there are laws in place - iF someone doesn't want to get splashed, the law is on their side, even in the Chaos of Songkran....  That said, I’m sure the law also recognises the presence, or rather absence of basic common sense in these matters. 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

While Turkish guy went to far, though i doubt he intended to put thai guy into a coma, i do sympathize  with him.

This is an idiotic "tradition" which should be limited to certain areas only.

It pretty much is (In Bangkok at least)... its perfectly possible to go to many area’s of Bangkok and not get involved with the water fighting - (of course, it requires getting around in a car or taxi). 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Not everyone wants to play, many have to work, could be unwell or million other reasons.

The ‘water throwing’ is very easy to avoid....  Unless someone lives right in the middle of a chaotic area. 

Even then, with a car (or taxi) its easily avoidable. 

But don’t go to an area like Sukhumvit Soi 11, Silom or Khao Sarn Rd then get upset because you got wet.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Every year, i have to take my dogs for a walk and every year morons feel the need to spray the dogs, my dogs hate it and yet morons find it amusing. Every year, i have thoughts to let dogs free and see how much morons will enjoy it then.

Where is this ??......  Are there other area’s you could take them to avoid the water throwing ?

*i.e. Pop them in the car and take them to a quieter area ?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Have seen women with new born begging not to be splashed, but of course morons could not care less.

Absolutely outrageous, but truth be told, I’ve never seen anything like this. 

In central Bangkok, I’ve seen officer workers walk down a Soi and remain dry, it just takes them putting up their hand.... (obviously these are in quieter areas). 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

On the 19th, loud music from 9am to 23pm, non stop, closing doors and windows does not help

Yup.... Where is this ??....    In BKK in think its Chaotic in the main ‘party’ area’s....  elsewhere everything seems to stop by early evening....  That said, there are organised events where the loud speaker set-ups see the noise travelling for KM’s into residential areas. 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Every year deaths and incidents pile up and yet big brains can not figure out that something needs to be done and that something is simple, limited all the play to 1 zone and 1 zone only. Anyone who wants to play can go there, while the rest of the people can carry on with their life 

This ‘seven deadly days’ is simply medial stupidity and lack of creativity. 

The death rates on Songkrans ‘seven days’ is no worse than it is for the rest of the year. 

And... ‘water play’ is not the cause of death (in most cases) its drink riding and no helmet - this is a year round issue. 

• Love It 1

I am not a friend of this much too long Songkran festival here in Pattaya. It is more a bar festival and there should be zones. But in this case the Turkish guy had a water gun in his hand as shown in this video:

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/videos/614849423870613/?extid=CL-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C&mibextid=2Rb1fB

• Thumbs Up 2

He was not wearing a shirt, he was at a party location and the water throwing couldn't have passed him by unnoticed. Simply impossible. If it happened at the Airport? Mmmkey, but this was The Famous Walking Street. 

Classic Turkish rage, that's all. 

Edited by aldriglikvid

Obviously a nasty person awaiting the proverbial book to be thrown, hope the thai man recovers well and Mustafa gets plenty of sweaty chained up nights to ponder over his actions on an harmless traditional thai celebration night.

• Thumbs Up 1