confusion with non O multi

73 year old USA with Thai (usa) spouse and am on a O1 multi .   I departed TH in Feb 2023 for medical needs.     Visa is valid until Dec 23 2023.

I plan to return O/A Oct 4th. 2023.   My origional plan was to stay until Feb and get another multi at SAV. and return to TH in FEB.

I seem to remember someone with similar situation and had issues with the multi had extended his permission to stay.  

Did I say very confused?  Assistance please.

Maestro,

My apology for sloppy post and my scanner is out of commission.

It was A O1 multi to stay, with spouse, 1 year, booked in Savnnakeht.   And, I  would just purchase another Multi visa.

• Confused 1

IF this is the original O-A visa, not an extension of stay, you will get another 1 year permission of stay from the day you reenter Thailand.  If it is before the expiration date of the visa, in your case 23 Dec.

So if you return on 4 Oct 2023 you will get a permission to stay until 4 Oct 2024.  

IF you are on a 1 year extension of stay with a multi reentry permit you would still be under the 23 Dec 2023 date for permission to stay and would have to extend again before it expires.  Or leave before then and start all over.

Edited by rwill

OP, your posts are very unclear.

You mention multi and Savannakhet and spouse.

Also visa valid till Dec 2023.

My guess is that you have a ME Non O marriage.

That is a multiple entry non O visa based on marriage 

Valid for one year.

Correct? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

???? I have here still a Fax from about 25 years old, but since time immemorial no fixed connection.

Keep it.   Classic bit of technology. 

Page me if you want to sell it.

7 hours ago, MiclB said:

Maestro,

My apology for sloppy post and my scanner is out of commission.

It was A O1 multi to stay, with spouse, 1 year, booked in Savnnakeht.   And, I  would just purchase another Multi visa.

as you got it in savannakhet i assume its a married to Thai multi entry non immigrant O visa, which gives a 90 day permission to stay stamp on each entry during the visa's validity, not sure what a o1 multi is 

Anyway, assuming all the above is correct, when you enter on 04 October you will be stamped in for 90 days.  This period could be extended 60 days (to visit wife, you'd need her along with you) at immigration towards the end of the period.  And there is nothing to stop you returning to Savannakhet (aka "SAV" apparently) for another visa when needed.  Nothing confusing I don't think.

The key points:

1. You have a multiple entry Non O visa (based on marriage to a Thai) which you received in Savannakhet. It is valid until Dec 23, 2023
  2. You intend to enter Thailand on or about Oct 4th.
  3. My impression is that you want to stay indefinitely. Consequently, close to the expiry of the permission to stay from the entry on Oct 4th, you plan to go to Savannakhet for a further multiple entry Non O visa, using this to continue staying in Thailand. I further assume you know that this will entail periodic border bounces.

From somewhere, you seem to have developed the impression that there could be a problem with what you are planning. However, your intentions are straightforward and, assuming no changes in the rules between now and the end of 2023, everything should go smoothly.

If you are still concerned, explain clearly the difficulty that you think you could run into.

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Keep it.   Classic bit of technology. 

Page me if you want to sell it.

@MrJ2U I've got a new role of fax paper, never opened if you need. ????

Back on topic, I can't tell what this guy wants. 

@MiclB Has disappeared. That always makes it hard to help. Good Luck DrJack and BritTim

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MiclB said:

All,   I finally got my head of my xxx.  Brit Tim and Upnotover are correct.  And, again, thanks.

Good you have sound advice.

Ongoing at at 73+ you may end up looking into non O marriage with annual extensions. 

No need to exit Thailand.