Intoxicated Man Beats Friend to Death in Phuket Over A Rude Comment

webfact

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

ive actually said to others its a country of 13 yr old mindset..sadly

Sadly I think (after 10+ years living here) that is true.

Thai people seem to me to be uneducated and that goes hand in hand with common sense.

Thai people seem generally not more stupid than Aussies or whoever.

Thousands of people in our village can do/fix XYZ.

But their mindset/ future thinking can be of a 13 year old.

Ride the BTS and see the masks... ..they just can not let go.????????

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I doubt there will be any reports after this initial one...........but it would be interesting to see what the sentence might be.

Mentioned this before on here...............my wife's uncle (drunk) murdered his neighbour,  mistakenly thinking the neighbour was having an affair with his wife.

Her uncle was sentenced to five years!!!!

Life is cheap in Thailand. You can see it in the way people live and drive.

13 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Thai people seem to me to be uneducated and that goes hand in hand with common sense.

Some aren't, millions are. Mask wearing is very high in Japan yet Japan is a highly advanced economy.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, bignok said:

Some aren't, millions are. Mask wearing is very high in Japan yet Japan is a highly advanced economy.

nothing to do with an 'advanced economy.' its about the amount of common sense/critical thinking skills they possess. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

nothing to do with an 'advanced economy.' its about the amount of common sense/critical thinking skills they possess. 

Depends who they are. I've met lots of dumb farangs with drinking issues and I've met some very clever Thais.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

So doctors and dentists are 13yos too?

It is a good question. Many, if not most, are actually sino-thai, whose Chinese cultural heritage seems to differ from other Thais in many ways, and lead them to be a tad more responsible and forward-thinking. But since they tend to be considerably wealthier than average, they might instead behave badly in the belief/certainty that money can get them out of trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LogicThai said:

It is a good question. Many, if not most, are actually sino-thai, whose Chinese cultural heritage seems to differ from other Thais in many ways, and lead them to be a tad more responsible and forward-thinking. But since they tend to be considerably wealthier than average, they might instead behave badly in the belief/certainty that money can get them out of trouble.

Chinese women in China let go of their human waste in public.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, bignok said:

Depends who they are. I've met lots of dumb farangs with drinking issues and I've met some very clever Thais.

your perception is so skewed. 

Thai people really aint that great mate. are you new here ?

An off topic post has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

3 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

do you include yourself in that statement? surely you do?

No I would include badly behaved people with no respect for others. People who can barely think things through or act in a responsible manner. Selfish people.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I doubt there will be any reports after this initial one...........but it would be interesting to see what the sentence might be.

Mentioned this before on here...............my wife's uncle (drunk) murdered his neighbour,  mistakenly thinking the neighbour was having an affair with his wife.

Her uncle was sentenced to five years!!!!

One murder in the village I lived in was one guy giving advice to his friend about who his wife left him. Stabbed to death and another was giving a couple of baht to a singer at a karaoke again Stabbed to death. None went to prison as they paid the family death money.... wild wild west has nothing on village life.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

No I would include badly behaved people with no respect for others. People who can barely think things through or act in a responsible manner. Selfish people.

that is a pretty accurate description of the average Thai. well done!

2 hours ago, ningnong said:

Care to share the name of your native country which is apparently free of savage acts?

What brings you to the conclusion my native country is free from savage attacks, what a strange comment.

Also, whilst i'm sure similar incidents do occur they seem to be almost daily here ( and these are the ones we hear about on english websites ), you can only imagine ones that occur and are 1. not reported or 2. reported in only Thai mediums, the mind boggles.....

Edited by PJ71
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Adumbration said:

More than a decade ago I used to live near this lake.  I know this exact spot.  There was a walking trail in through the jungle to a spot where you can jump off a small cliff into the water.  It was a real gem to find something like this in Phuket.  The lake backs onto a mountain, is entirely surrounded by jungle, and has very clear water.  I often used to take Thai girls that I dated there on the first date to have a picnic and a swim.  It was lovely, serene, and like the modern world never existed.

About a year after I discovered this spot, Thai youths started coming there to cook kratom.  They built a couple of humpies out of scrap iron and wood.  And then the tiny spot atop the cliff, and the surrounding jungle, was transformed into a giant trash heap. For those that do not know, when they make the kratom drink, they make a fire and boil the leaves, cool the resulting tincture with ice, and then add cough syrup for its Pseudoephedrine and Coke to sweeten the brew.

A beautiful and secluded spot was transformed into a garbage tip of plastic bags, hundreds of coke and cough medicine bottles, mostly smashed, and pieces of innertube used to start the fires. 

Thai society is on its last legs.

Take Paradise and put up a Parking Lot. It's pretty much universal.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, 2009 said:

This is why we shouldn't stay in the (typically rural) low socioeconomic areas.

This type of thing is far less common in more civilized parts of the country, like Bangkok.

Phuket, the richest Province in Thailand you mean.............

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bignok said:

So doctors and dentists are 13yos too?

Ever heard about the "Exceptions that confirm the rule".

If you go to a hospital for example, you will be shocked not to see outside cigarette butts. None.

So yes, there are people who develop their brain, and go beyond age 13.

Thanks for pointing it out...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, PJ71 said:

What brings you to the conclusion my native country is free from savage attacks, what a strange comment.

Your comment: "Look at how they live, nothing more than savages" As if how they live had something to do with this attack.

Therefore I assumed you come from a country where you don't live like savages so therefore lack brutal attacks. I was just curious which country that might be.

I come from the US and pretty sure that any brutality in Thailand pales in comparison by a long shot.

But really I'm much more curious as to why you think Thais live like nothing more than savages.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

Ever heard about the "Exceptions that confirm the rule".

If you go to a hospital for example, you will be shocked not to see outside cigarette butts. None.

So yes, there are people who develop their brain, and go beyond age 13.

Thanks for pointing it out...

Lots of people smoke outside hospitals

• Confused 1