Tangmo case: mother demands 179 million in compensation

webfact

image.jpeg

Tangmo, photo via Instagram.

by Samantha Rose 

The case of the late actress Tangmo Patcharida Wachiraweerapong’s death continues in Nonthaburi Provincial Court, divided into two separate parts. Previously, suspects Tanuthaphat “Poh” Lertwittayawiset and Paiboon “Robert” Trikanjananun had confessed their involvement.

This left four other suspects, Zen Visapach Manomaiyarat, Kritik “Job” Nitatsak Keeratisutthasathorn, and Pheem Dharmatheerasanee or “Em,” to deny the allegations and fight their case in court.

The Nonthaburi Provincial Court has ordered the separation of the case based on the defendants who confessed and those who denied the allegations. Evidence from both parties would be scrutinised before the trial proceeded yesterday. The two sides have already given interviews to the media along with their respective lawyers.

Tangmo‘s mother, Phanida, has presented new evidence related to various employment contracts worth over 10 million baht per year. She is suing for a compensation fee of 179 million baht.

Reports indicate that after submitting various pieces of evidence for the trial from both parties, Phanida filed a request for Zen Visapach’s bail to be denied, alleging that Zen tampered with vital evidence and had issues with the public prosecutor. The court found no grounds for these claims and dismissed the request.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/tangmo-case-mother-demands-179-million-in-compensation-denies-work-for-almost-2-years-and-earns-15000-per-appearance

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I Apologize for not being up to date on this case.  Two of the suspects already confessed to what?  Just negligence or something criminal?

Quote: "Previously, suspects Tanuthaphat “Poh” Lertwittayawiset and Paiboon “Robert” Trikanjananun had confessed their involvement."

The clue is how much the lawyers of both sides will share if the amount is settled for a fraction of 179 million baht.

If I were Tangmo's mother's lawyer, I would promise my client the sky in order for her to retain me.  Like a property agent, I would promise my client I would be able to sell her property for a price that she could only dream.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

and here I now do what Journalists apparently are incapable of:

Likewise, the OP article makes it hard to tell whether the case at hand before the court now is a CIVIL or a CRIMINAL one...

I'm thinking it's a civil one of the mother suing those on the boat with Tangmo, but the OP article is pretty vague! So I'm not entirely sure on that point!

• Like 1

Give her what they give to a Foreigners family when one of their loved one dies. A wai and a lot of questions. Although, with the new proposed laws they may get a million Baht. If they are lucky. This lady deserves nothing but justice. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From what i understand the daughter was always the cash cow for the family or mother.Happens in many parts of thailand the daughter has to provide for them.Now she is dead the mother is getting the last of the possible money if allowed to take off the suspects.This is thailand and if another parent or mother  loses a child the same will happen.

Happened to a friend and thai wife,man drunk wrong way up the road hit the car dead.Took many family members to harrass them,but not they fault.But in the end the thai wife said just pay  them the money so they leave us alone.It cost them a 1,000 pound 60k in baht and  was not harrassed again.This is thailand and a not very nice part of culture

27 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

From what i understand the daughter was always the cash cow for the family or mother.Happens in many parts of thailand the daughter has to provide for them.Now she is dead the mother is getting the last of the possible money if allowed to take off the suspects.This is thailand and if another parent or mother  loses a child the same will happen.

Happened to a friend and thai wife,man drunk wrong way up the road hit the car dead.Took many family members to harrass them,but not they fault.But in the end the thai wife said just pay  them the money so they leave us alone.It cost them a 1,000 pound 60k in baht and  was not harrassed again.This is thailand and a not very nice part of culture

I believe that the Red Bull kid's estate paid the dead cop's family something like 90K THB. 
So it depends who the victim is and how rich and connected the perps are. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Got to love Thailand for get about getting justice I just want the money that my cash cow was going to make for me. Not that she would have married or had kids and family I WANT IT ALL

What is so unreasonable about asking for compensation for the death of the family breadwinner?  Don't forget, it happens in your country also.

26 minutes ago, connda said:

I believe that the Red Bull kid's estate paid the dead cop's family something like 90K THB. 

You believe very wrong. 

Vorayuth (not his estate, he's not dead) paid the unmarried and childless officer's family B3,000,000 agreed compensation

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Lost her revenue stream, so she demands compensation. Sad that this is what her daughter's life is worth to her, but understandable. What's not understandable is the amount she demands. The daugher wouldn't have brought in 179 mil in the remainder of her career - the shelf life of idols is very limited. And that's before discounting the fact that the mother would get only a fraction of the revenue. If she already received 10 mil in compensation then that's more than enough.

She's shown contracts for 10 mil - which means that after taxes and the daughter's own expenses the mother would get what out of that? 1-2 mil? so she's suing for 90 years in advance? ????

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You believe very wrong. 

Vorayuth (not his estate, he's not dead) paid the unmarried and childless officer's family B3,000,000 agreed compensation

I stand corrected.  Based on what an officer actually earns on the books, that probably compensated the family for lost wages.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So exactly how much would you say your child is worth to you ? This lady has lost an income, yes, but she has lost potentially 40 years with daughter - how due you value time ? 

I  think should ask for far more and sue them into oblivion

I’d be asking how does the mother ‘value time’ - she gave up most of the time with her daughter of her own volition... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So the deceased was going to give 179,000,000 baht to her mother? Why else would the mother demand 'compensation'? Pathetic woman.

Tactics, it's like a trade union asking for 15% wage rises then settling for 8%, start big and the compromise sum will be larger.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

She is suing for a compensation fee of 179 million baht.

:cheesy:        good luck with ever getting one Satang from anyone involved ....    TIT   thai's don't pay compensation.

As history has shown,  any compensation case involving millions of baht just drags on and on and on until they all die. 

Edited by steven100