COVID-19 infections on the rise with 1,811 cases and 10 deaths last week

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

What you seem unable to accept is Omicron is a non-severe viral infection, however, certain people are at risk. I would suggest a morbidly obese person with hypertension and diabetes would be at risk. I would also suggest that a healthy person in their 20's for example is not. 

The world, including Thailand, is full of people of all ages with various health problems and medical conditions. So there's a huge risk pool out there, even leaving out the "entirely healthy" people with no issues.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I would say a minority.

Thailand is chock full of people with chronic medical conditions, and not just in the elderly... Diabetes, liver disease, high blood pressure, obesity, etc etc....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Omicron is not a severe viral infection.

You keep repeating your favorite mantra, and all the while, COVID hospitalizations in Thailand keep rising, up 10-fold since the start of April, averaging 258 new hospitalizations per day last week.

Someone obviously needs to tell all the COVID hospitalizations, including those on ventilators and with pneumonia-like symptoms, that they really don't belong in the hospital because Dinsdale said so, that their cases and deaths aren't "severe."

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe a decent research about air pollution which cause lung infections and vulnerability to Covid infections would be better than just blame it on Songkran...How much Covid in air polluted areas, less air polluted or in in clean air.. and how about the effect of mask wearing.... how long do people use the same mask, which also can be a reason because after a few hours there are a lot of pollution in the masks too

Edited by ikke1959
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

As I say a 500% increase of 1 is 5. It may be the new sub-variant XBB.1.16 circulating and if it is it's normal to see an increase. It's said to be more immune escape because of two new spike protiens. It will settle down until the next sub-variant comes along to knock this one off it's perch and take over. All up the numbers are low and it's not considered a variant of concern.

Its a 400% increase from 1 to 5

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The world, including Thailand, is full of people of all ages with various health problems and medical conditions. So there's a huge risk pool out there, even leaving out the "entirely healthy" people with no issues.

The issue at hand is that people's lifestyle choices are often linked to poor health outcomes.

3 hours ago, Pesche said:

I totally agree with this point of view.

Sipping my coffee and reading this topic I spontaneously think:

"Well, how come that NOW, out of the blue, the media again starts with this alarming headlines - scarring everyone, while the entire world really isn't even concerned about it anymore?"

Hm,

What a weird COINCIDENCE!  Just before the general elections on 14th of May...

Thailand, who had an exemplary reaction on this, covid-phenomena, is now worldwide the ONLY ONE to start to alarm its population again...

To me, it really looks like a strategic propaganda move (while not really a fake - however a neglectable information) to keep people apart!

In other words to avoid gathering and protests during/after this coming dodgy Election...

Hm. yes! A strange coincidence (well orchestrated with the excuse of the Songkran Festivities)

Machiavellian plan it could be!

OK, ok...

Maybe I need another coffee!

Indeed, I think you have nailed it, Absolutely spot on

• Thanks 1

Why bother printing the Covi 19 numbers the government are not interested 

More concerned in having the Tourist numbers up and making money ???? ???? 

I still wear my face mask when out and so do the Majority of Thais where I stay 

Probably same in Bangkok and other cities in Thailand ^

• Like 1
  • Sad 1