UV pre-tinted glass - new to market?

Snugs08

One of the AP Thai new moobans we visited - but in the end never purchased - the glass was pre-tinted and dropped UV rays, it was nice, looked decent and you can feel it was cooler than a previous mooban we visited 30 minutes early facing same direction (none showroom so no AC in). It was similar to around 30% strength film I would guess

Anyone know the pricing, supplier, or info on this glass?

We'd had the professional film people round and basically its 110aht a square foot, or 230 baht a square foot depending on  PR range or IR range, installed and warranty etc... That adds up quickly. Ultimately the film is more expensive than replacing the glass as it currently stands, on either choice. 

I'm thinking just get UV pre-tinted glass if it's within a margin of the PR range pricing but not coming up with anything yet - perhaps its a new product to the Thai market?

Edited by Snugs08

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Tinted glass been around for decades.

2000 house build:

100_0416.JPG

May want to give your specific location.

Okay thanks, thats good to know, in bangkok would you expect most glass merchants to stock/supply it - and preferably install it into current frames? is it that common?

6 hours ago, d4dang said:

best was called solar cool...it is the mirror like stuff on modern buildings...I installed lots of it and it is much cheaper now

I found solarcoolth on facebook - but these look to specially in solar panels?

2 hours ago, Snugs08 said:

I found solarcoolth on facebook - but these look to specially in solar panels?

solar cool was coated with a reflective film or ? it reflects s very high percentage of heat from sunlight. it would be pointless in solar panels. Like UV sunglasses.