TM7 Bank letter.

This is Thailand, so different Imm Offices have different rules, so what might be accepted at Office A could be rejected at Office B.

That's why it is useful to always mention at which Imm Office you would apply.

A 'sure fire' way that is always accepted, is that you first go to your Bank on the day you want to apply for the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O Visa.  

At the bank you then make a small transaction, and have your Bank Pass-Book updated with that small transaction.  And then you ask the Bank for a Bank-Account Statement, which is a Bank generated document that states that you are the owner of that Bank-Account as well as the balance that it shows on the day of issuance of that document, this because some Imm Offices insist that that statement is on the same day that you apply for your 1-year extension. 

Many Imm Offices only require that you provide that same-day issued Bank-Account statement as well as show your updated Bank Pass-Book.  

But there are Imm Offices that on top of that Bank Pass-Book want you to also provide a Bank Transactions Statement (which basically shows the same information as in your Bank Pass-Book).  

All Banks would be able to provide such a Bank Transactions Statement for a period of 6-months or less.  But if your Imm Office requires a 12 month Bank Transfer Statement (when applying for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O or O-A Visa for reason of retirement) be aware that some Banks would need to order such statement from Headquarters, and it can take 4-5 working days before that Statement would then be available at your local Bank branche.

• Like 2

Khon Kaen always. During the years I brought letter and bankbook updated from the day before.

BUT: last time I was reminded to update the bank book on the day of application.

So another stop at a bank branch before driving to immigration.

And the latter one seems to be standard now almost everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Suggest that you also make small deposit on day of application. 

Bangkok bank can do an update >at the counter< without a transaction.

SCB can not. Don't know about other banks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Jomtien,  I use the 24 hour method day before 3 pm I go to bank update passbook get letter next morning at immigration never had problem. 

My method for years was get to the bank early morning, make a small withdrawal, get bank letter, see if bank will copy my bankbook last few pages for me. Off to immigration by 9am. Last time I was met by the crowds of Babylon at immigration, so went to an agent.... and that has been the day since!

Edited by jacko45k

I have been doing 800,000 Thb at CW since the US Embassy stop giving letters on your income. One or two days before my appointment I just ask for letter to show IMO to prove my account. They make a update of my pass book and gave me a copy of the FIX account and letter stating that this my account and amount is correct. The day of my appointment I do a up and make a  copy which shows the current day. Bangkok Bank 39 years with the bank.  No copy of any (which would be only yearly interest payment 20 Jan to the account) no other transactions.  

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My method for years was get to the bank early morning, make a small withdrawal, get bank letter, see if bank will copy my bankbook last few pages for me. Off to immigration by 9am. Last time I was met by the crowds of Babylon at immigration, so went to an agent.... and that has been the day since!

I would never use agent for a number of reasons the main one I'm not helpless even at my age I do things write things to help the clock ticking upstairs I'm not and hope I never get like Biden when that time comes I might if my son can't help. 

I do it the day before even before this year the crowds I follow the same pattern.

WhatI learn living here is greater patience I get my letter the day before then go and have all my bank book pages copy, all signed .

This year January hearing of the crowds I was there 6am first-day the door #1, served at 8:45 out the door at 8:55,  not using a agent what I learn try to help others the money O Dave get myself a good breakfast, coffee.then head off next soi6, for two hours Thai massage and happy ending.  When I get home wife ask how it go like always very busy wish you would think about coming along. ????

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Brock said:

You didnt mention which extension.. My 30 day extension required no bank statements, and there is no mention of same on the form..

The thread is clearly about annual (12 month) extension.

Very different animal to 30 day extension to visa exempt and tourist visa entries 

12 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I would never use agent for a number of reasons

Personally, I have better things to do with my time than traipsing all over Chonburi province and getting up at 5am to do silly things just to keep some dullwit in immigration happy. Nor, do I feel healthy enough to be kept waiting, outside in the heat and sun... for the sake of a few thousand baht, it is madness. 

One can go for a coffee, breakfast and a quicky hxxx job any time one wants to. 

Yes, I used to do it myself, but I was never silly enough to get up at 5am to do it. I also ended horizontal in the next street after it was done and dusted. But I got older, immigration got more crowded, procedures got a bit more pernickety and I wised up.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Personally, I have better things to do with my time than traipsing all over Chonburi province and getting up at 5am to do silly things just to keep some dullwit in immigration happy. Nor, do I feel healthy enough to be kept waiting, outside in the heat and sun... for the sake of a few thousand baht, it is madness. 

Yes, I used to do it myself, but I was never silly enough to get up at 5am to do it. I also ended horizontal in the next street after it was done and dusted. But I got older, immigration got more crowded, procedures got a bit more pernickety and I wised up.

It is a personal choice silly haa a two way street.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I to have better things to do... however there will always be those who would choose to represent themselves... it is said that they have a fool as a client. 

51 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

It is a personal choice silly haa a two way street.

I do live on the other side of town, to the North, making it a chore to get there... old Threppasit is enough to irk me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dickp said:

I have been doing 800,000 Thb at CW since the US Embassy stop giving letters on your income. One or two days before my appointment I just ask for letter to show IMO to prove my account. They make a update of my pass book and gave me a copy of the FIX account and letter stating that this my account and amount is correct. The day of my appointment I do a up and make a  copy which shows the current day. Bangkok Bank 39 years with the bank.  No copy of any (which would be only yearly interest payment 20 Jan to the account) no other transactions.  

If you use CW, why not just get the letter the same day downstairs from Immigration? 

I usually make a small transfer from the B800K account in the morning before I leave.

Go to immigration and book the queue. 

Go to the bank downstairs and ask for the letter (letter takes 10 min) and update the book. 

Take the book to have copies made.

Stop at the bank and pick up the letter.

Get a coffee and go back to immigration. 

On 5/8/2023 at 8:13 AM, DrJack54 said:

Not sure about Jomtien but some immigration offices want to see "activity in the account" on day of application.

Best done with small deposit/withdrawal. 

I always do bank letter and deposit/withdrawal a day before and never had a problem at Jomtien immigration.