c.m to bkk ..

1FinickyOne

Chaing Mai/Swampy/limo to jomtien. Easier than flying to Utapao, many more flights. But low cost airlines. Just over an hour CNX/BKK.. Limo should be about an hour or just over as well.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

If you really need business class to Bangkok you can fly Chiang Mai to Taipei on EVA Air, then turn around and get a flight Taipei to Bangkok. It'll take you a while though.

No airline has business class for a 50 minute flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

As others have said do the 50 minute flight to Suvarnabhumi then book an AOT 7 Series to drive you to the luxury destination of Jomtien.

thanks for your helpful suggestions.. snarky comments can hold so much value when you are seeking information

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

The closest you'll get to business class is to book premium seats on AirAsia and pre-book a meal. It sort of feels the same on a short domestic flight.

Yes indeed. As a long term ("air miles") customer with Air Asia, and as suggested above, you can book a Premium (Red) seat in the front of the cabin with the airline. Red seats provide much more legroom and priority when boarding commences, also the overhead lockers are empty. You will also be among the first passengers to exit the plane on landing. As a valued customer, I am often upgraded to a red seat at no extra charge when on a "fly-thru" flight. 

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

thanks for your helpful suggestions.. snarky comments can hold so much value when you are seeking information

TG did have bus. class Bkk to CM & return years back, also to other domestic destinations.

TG announced they were cancelling Bus. class on all domestic routes, many politicians protested  strongly because it was disrespectful to them to not have bus. class seats/food etc.

Much public outcry, Bus. class cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed. As a long term ("air miles") customer with Air Asia, and as suggested above, you can book a Premium (Red) seat in the front of the cabin with the airline. Red seats provide much more legroom and priority when boarding commences so all the overhead lockers are empty. You will also be among the first passengers to exit the plane on landing. As a valued customer, I am often upgraded to a red seat at no extra charge. 

I use a wheelchair.

I got automatic upgrade to AirAsia Red seat when I flew CM direct to Kuala Lumphur. (This service no longer operates.)

Excellent service to get me onto the aircraft and make me comfortable. Same at KL to get me to their Bus. lounge then back onto the aircraft to fly to Sydney.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I use a wheelchair.

I got automatic upgrade to AirAsia Red seat when I flew CM direct to Kuala Lumphur. (This service no longer operates.)

Excellent service to get me onto the aircraft and make me comfortable. Same at KL to get me to their Bus. lounge then back onto the aircraft to fly to Sydney.

also got red seat free last week after telling them i came all the way from the states--36 hrs! 6 airports + layovers=blah

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Thai smile and BKK airways might have business or premium economy on done of the flights

Thai Smile has a "premium" ("curtain class", "monk class" :biggrin:) with a bit more comfy seating, better meal/drink service and first at the exit.

For Bangkok Airways I can't find premium seating just expensive baggage options etc. And it's an A319, tiny cigar.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Ok, the EVA Air thing was a joke but I meant the 7-Series AOT bit, it would be a much nicer (and safer) way to travel up there especially as you seem to be after comfort. Better than wasting money on any upgrade on such a short flight.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

As far as I know only Thai Lion Air, two or three flights per week.

And far from a "premium" experience.

I believe Viet Jet and Air Asia also serve this route.

1 hour ago, sidjameson said:

Has the money for first class, but doesn't have the wherewithal to use a search site like Skyscanner! (Flight search engines only been around 20 years) 

Guess the op made his fortune as a male model ????

never heard of sky scanner as I rarely fly anymore..

I dont work as a male model.. but if you get some pleasure out of that fantasy.. go for it

4 hours ago, marin said:

I believe Viet Jet and Air Asia also serve this route.

If you find another nonstop than Lion tell me.

All other search results are absurd 2 stop/2 airline trips up to 26 hours.

Flights to U-Tapao are still very limited.

Domestic:

Ko Samui, Phuket with Bangkok Airways

Chiang Mai with Lion Air

Thursdays no flights at all.

Other days more flights to/from Siberia than domestic.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thai Smile have an upgraded (much more money for not much in return) few rows at the front of the plane. The seats are slightly more roomy and you get to board first (usually). Luggage is off-loaded first, so arrives on the carousel first (usually).