Chinese Look to Thai Property Market for Safe Investments Amid Uncertainty

snoop1130

The linked article seems devoid of facts, and more of a marketing brochure. Although I'm not sure who the audience is?

I thought that it was difficult for Chinese citizens to move money out of China?

17 hours ago, stoner said:

check out vancouver and richmond bc for what can happen long term. 

Spot on. That said, at least there is solid investment. Unlike Thai property which just goes sideways.

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You raise, yet again, what is for you obviously a spectre of "foreign brides" and alleged sexual inadequacy which you manage to weave into the discourse of just about every discussion which you get involved in on this forum.

I find it fascinating, and cannot but speculate as to quite what horror story has led to your "sensitive ego" on the matter.

Why not unburden yourself on the subject - they do say it is an effective therapeutic move; and we can always do with a laugh!

Cartagenawhatever sounds like a feminist,that would explain a lot.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

The linked article seems devoid of facts, and more of a marketing brochure. Although I'm not sure who the audience is?

I thought that it was difficult for Chinese citizens to move money out of China?

It’s a FOMO article.  We were inundated with the same “Chinese are buying everything” garbage from the REIC (Real Estate Industrial Complex) in California when they needed more bag holders back in 2006-2007.

Oh….you better act fast before the Chinese buy everything and drive the prices up!!!  Buy now before you’re PRICED OUT FOREVER!

Typical marketing spiel.

20 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I don't love China as  I country but I am not here to bash Chinese, Indian, and Thais to preserve the sensitive egos of farangs who could neither find a women in their own lands or could survive in their home countries and had to flee to a foreign land for brides and survival. 

"I am not here to bash Chinese, Indian, and Thais".... but bashing farangs that contribute so much to Thailand with their bank deposits and spending is ok in your mind? Hmmmm, can't quite wrap my mind around that. Regardless of the reason farangs come to Thailand you shouldn't bash them. Most of them have more money than you anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

but bashing farangs that contribute so much to Thailand with their bank deposits and spending is ok in your mind?

That is BS. Farangs contribute for their survival. In return they get wives, a place to stay and in some cases even a family. Without this contribution they will be reduced to misery in their native lands, alone as no women from their own lands will entertain them and forget about even getting a family. So it is not a contribution, it the tribute they pay for the lives afforded to them in Thailand.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder how many empty condo units there are already in Bangkok? The Chinese idea was to buy up blocks of condo's and put them on Airbnb, Many condo projects banned Airbnb and Airbnb has finished in China, 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

That is BS. Farangs contribute for their survival. In return they get wives, a place to stay and in some cases even a family. Without this contribution they will be reduced to misery in their native lands, alone as no women from their own lands will entertain them and forget about even getting a family. So it is not a contribution, it the tribute they pay for the lives afforded to them in Thailand.

I presume we are talking male falangs here.

I don't deny life would be a bit miserable back home for an old man, but I do not accept  that 'no women will have them'....usually a lot more widows than widowers in that age bracket.... perhaps go live in Florida and get a bejeweled old purple rinse!

• Haha 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

I presume we are talking male falangs here.

I don't see hordes of female farangs migrating to Thailand at their old age to survive in a foreign land with colonial attitudes that they are spending money in Thailand so it is their divine calling to bash Thai people (not to mention China, and India).

1 minute ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I don't see hordes of female farangs migrating to Thailand at their old age to survive in a foreign land with colonial attitudes that they are spending money in Thailand so it is their divine calling to bash Thai people (not to mention China, and India).

Well I accept the reasoning that too many retired male Westerners believe their presence to be a blessing on the poor impoverished locals..... 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I live like a lord in the UK.  In Thailand, I can live like a king.

12 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Your hatred for farang is immense. Maybe one of them stole your girlfriend. You are wrong in just about every way. Western men move there to get away from Western women who are mostly overweight and bitchy. Asian woman are petite, sweet and appreciate Western men. Maybe that's what has you so riled up. The fact that so many women there are with Western men for good reasons. They are better providers, have more money and treat the women better most of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:54 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

If it is dangerous, it is the fault of Cambodia. But it is not the dangerous city on the World.

Taiwan is China's province. After looting China, they took the gold and empty the Chinese treasury and fled to Taiwan. So techincally, Taiwan belongs to China it has always been from time antiquity. 

Taiwan was part of China “from time antiquity “, !

this is ,factually, just complete rubbish. 

sadly this historical misinformation, is being fed to mainland Chinese, to stir up nationalist fervor and distract from some of the mess created by Xi and his current regime.

There are many things to admire about the rise of China over the last 70 years, especially the reduction of poverty for so many millions.

Deng was unquestionably one of the great World Leaders of the modern era.

The so called “Great Leader” Xi is not fit to lick the soles of his shoes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:26 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

You must be Chinese with that thought. Ask those from Taiwan if they feel they are a province from China, and see the response.

Taiwan Constitution stated that Taiwan and Mainland are as a whole of China ROC.

Former Taiwan President 2008-2016  Mr. Ma  talked about Taiwan Constitution merely weeks ago.

I bet you don't read news reported in Taiwan and know ZIP about Taiwan constitution.  Instead you went blah blah blah ......  merely echoing the Western narratives. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Taiwan was part of China “from time antiquity “, !

this is ,factually, just complete rubbish. 

sadly this historical misinformation, is being fed to mainland Chinese, to stir up nationalist fervor and distract from some of the mess created by Xi and his current regime.

There are many things to admire about the rise of China over the last 70 years, especially the reduction of poverty for so many millions.

Deng was unquestionably one of the great World Leaders of the modern era.

The so called “Great Leader” Xi is not fit to lick the soles of his shoes.

Taiwan former President 2008-1016 Mr. Ma talked about Taiwan is part of China ROC per Taiwan ROC Constitution in public merely weeks ago, 

He did the talk in PRC as well as in Greece. 

You think you know better ?

On 5/8/2023 at 6:26 AM, stoner said:

check out vancouver and richmond bc for what can happen long term. 

What is the issue ?   Racial congregation is a problem ? 

What about Little Tokyo in Los Angeles ?  Little Italy in New York ?  Beach Area in Toronto occupied by the British as well as countless China Towns everywhere including Bangkok ?   Do all of these bother you ?

BTW Hong Konger Chinese have stayed ( and developed too ) in Richmond, B.C. in large number since early 1990's.   Has there been serious Conflict, violence, drug issue,  well,  not to my knowledge for the past 30 years. 

11 minutes ago, sscc said:

Taiwan former President 2008-1016 Mr. Ma talked about Taiwan is part of China ROC per Taiwan ROC Constitution in public merely weeks ago, 

He did the talk in PRC as well as in Greece. 

You think you know better ?

As I read it, his speech was referring to the shared ethnicity of people on both sides of the strait. That is unquestionably true.

However there has been separate political and social development between both countries for a considerable time now.

I have spent time in both over the last 20 plus years, whatever the shared ethnicity, they are now very different. 

However, as an aside, I would say that many young people I meet in the PRC, have more in common with their peers in Taiwan than they have in common with the increasingly aged dinosaurs that currently run the PRC

• Thumbs Up 1