Bhumjaithai Party Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Thai Anti-Cannabis Crusader

webfact

Freedom of speech or having a opinion means defamation here for any so called high ranked person/party or whatsoever..If you are high ranked you must be able to handle critics. it can things improve or change for better instead of feeling annoyed or losing face

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You beat me to it.

The whole cannabis saga has been a fiasco, pushed through by Anutin for his own personal reasons, stated originally to be for medicinal purposes only.

Look how that turned out.

Chuwit is stating a personal dislike for the law as it stands, it's called freedom of speech.

Something which is held back here using draconian deformation laws.

If the new cannabis law was to help in medical circumstances there must be a lot of sick people in Khonkaen as there are cannabis clinics cropping up all over. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I love the use of defamation as a way to quiet the dinosaurs who want to turn back the clock on cannabis. Thailand stands to benefit greatly from legalization. Whatever methodology they use to quell opposition is justified.

How about the deluded, addled fools who think a country can benefit (greatly) by making mind adjusting chemicals easily available....like it has for, say, Mexico, South Africa, Canada... they have really all jumped to the top of the globe's rankings......(Tongue in cheek....I don't really care that much).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"The Bhumjaithai Party has filed a defamation lawsuit" because they are HURT? 

Anutin and Chuwit in the boxing ring this time and I know on who I would put my betting money on ???? This defamation lawsuit business here in Thailand is yet another lack of common sense imported from across the Pacific ......... Big drum-up in the media, the lawyers are happy and the courts are filled with more nonsense! 

Instead of whining like a small baby over a spilt bottle of milk I might suggest that the "hurt" party in the conflict comes up with corresponding proof to counter the initiator's statement ......... or just shut up and carry on with all the other business ....... pathetic farçe! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The benefits were thought be for farmers as an alternative crop but now most of the cannabis is imported i believe leaving farmers out of pocket.

Please...anyone who has spent 5 minutes in Thailand knows that farmers were not the primary benefactors. People are only "out of pocket" if one invests in a market they don't fully understand...

Chuwit is/was much more useful as a whistle blower with his background knowledge of corrupt politicians and officials. To name exactly who and where criminal figures here are enriching themselves, in criminal ways with illigal activities, stealing taxpayers money and state budgets at the expense of society.

The fact that he is now wearing himself out with the controversial topic that is generally discussed by many: - cannabis - is less helpful socio-politically. In itself, it is not criminal whether you are for or against legalizing cannabis.

His usefulness as a fighter against corruption is/was many times greater than that of an anti cannabis crusader. 

Edited by tomacht8
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You beat me to it.

The whole cannabis saga has been a fiasco, pushed through by Anutin for his own personal reasons, stated originally to be for medicinal purposes only.

Look how that turned out.

Chuwit is stating a personal dislike for the law as it stands, it's called freedom of speech.

Something which is held back here using draconian deformation laws.

Someone's a politician's personal reasons are in line with citizens benefit, so who cares he made money of this process as well? 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, mosan said:

Went right over your head...it's about reducing the money spent chasing and jailing people over a drug not much more dangerous (if even) than alchohol. We're talking about millions (billions) of Baht. Oh, and let's not to forget the taxable legal commerce created. Income, regardless of the amount, is way better than expenses.

Where are these BILLIONS of baht being spent then wrt jailing and chasing folks....over a bit of weed. Nonsense.

If anything I bet the police made a tidy profit out of it being illegal.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:53 AM, Almer said:

Please enlighten me, as a non sniffer or taker of any substance, how will cannabis benefit Thailand? 

If you don’t already know, NOTHING I say will convince you. Another dinosaur tee-totaler heard from.

• Thumbs Up 1