Thaksin will Go to Jail If He Returns to Thailand, Caretaker Deputy PM Says

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

caretaker deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said.

And if he is no longer in the position of power this guy, after the votes are counted, will his opinion have any meaning? If a certain someone suggests Thaksin gets pardoned, he will get pardoned. 

• Like 1

I don’t get it he lives in Dubai like a king he can travel the world first class where do you think all his money came from? When he left Thailand he already had it figured out it was outside the country. He’s told billions of dollars from the Thai people in the country. His sister was voted in office and it turned out she was trying or did steal so much money from the race skiing to other things I just can’t put my head around it. TIT

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The charges and the evidence have been listed many times before. Nobody here on AseanNow is going to take hours to fin each charge and each item of evidence again.

It was all shown before and the evidence. Google is your friend.

Plus, the current mob are certainly guilty of numerous offences and unethical stuations. Don't forget as is customary they got by illegal/unethcal means into power and 5 minutes later passed unethical/imorral laws to stop anybody charging them. Yes many should be in Jail. But what's the chances of these acts of parliamnet being reversed? 

There's also the question; does Thailand need to move forward in terms of politics/elections/new younger more capable folks running the country who have intelligence and good future based development policies with value for all Thais? 

Simply list the main 3 crimes you believe Thaksin is guilty of in bullet points. Why do you need to do any research, if you are making these statements then you should already know the facts. It seems the truth is not your friend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've so far not seen any details of Thaksin's "crimes" on this thread so maybe someone can put flesh on the bones of the auction of Bangkok land which Mrs Thaksin bid for and won (her bid was 2nd highest). Mr Thaksin's "crime" was that he was party to this by signing the land documents. Thai law required at the time that a wife needed her husband's signature on such documents.

Come back Thaksin. You'll have the haters in the Bangkok elite whipped up into a frenzy but the vast majority of Thais want you back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Simply list the main 3 crimes you believe Thaksin is guilty of in bullet points. Why do you need to do any research, if you are making these statements then you should already know the facts. It seems the truth is not your friend.

Yawn and double yawn. No further comment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

I've so far not seen any details of Thaksin's "crimes" on this thread so maybe someone can put flesh on the bones of the auction of Bangkok land which Mrs Thaksin bid for and won (her bid was 2nd highest). Mr Thaksin's "crime" was that he was party to this by signing the land documents. Thai law required at the time that a wife needed her husband's signature on such documents.

Come back Thaksin. You'll have the haters in the Bangkok elite whipped up into a frenzy but the vast majority of Thais want you back.

And you conveniently miss 2 items which have been explained many times before:

1. It wasn' ;aw, it was common practice. This has been confirmed many imes before by respected legal scholars.

2. The main law involved was that the paymaster signed to authorities the sale on behalf of Thailand which he was prohibited from doing because of his position. The law is there (same as in most countries) to prevent/stop prime ministers, ministers, snr beaurocrats etc., from selling state assets (the common wealth of the citizens of Thailand) to family. A good and very appropriate law.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sometimes surprised that some rich and famous people are found guilty. And sometimes I am surprised that they are found innocent.

Thaksin had more than enough time to show lots of evidence for lots of cases that he is innocent. He didn't.

And lots of evidence exist that he is guilty in multiple cases.

He ran away and we can't change that in the hindsight. And he didn't show up in court. Should we now pretend nothing ever happened and he is innocent? Is that the signal which we want to give all politicians: Run away and later all is forgiven.

Sure not! 

"We"? 

Signalling all politicians?

What/where/how has anything you have to say/think/or do got to do with the course of Socio-Political evolution in Thailand?

"How do you stop over identifying?

Try a cognitive therapy exercise.
Thought charts and other structured activities can help you counter big-wave feelings and put them in perspective. They take a little practice, but over time you'll likely be able to do a thought chart rather quickly."

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I don’t get it he lives in Dubai like a king he can travel the world first class where do you think all his money came from? When he left Thailand he already had it figured out it was outside the country. He’s told billions of dollars from the Thai people in the country. His sister was voted in office and it turned out she was trying or did steal so much money from the race skiing to other things I just can’t put my head around it. TIT

Jeez. How many times must it be said. Thaksin was already a very rich, successful businessman before entering politics.

As for Yingluk she was brought down by the Rice Pledge Scheme.

She benefitted not 1baht but investigators found that middle managers were gorging on the government's generous subsidies. Funnily, nothing came of the investigation and with no shame Suthep gathered his armed thugs and went around collecting money for the poor farmers at the bottom of the pile. At one point it was said that he'd collected 4 million baht but months later not one farmer had received anything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"We"? 

Signalling all politicians?

What/where/how has anything you have to say/think/or do got to do with the course of Socio-Political evolution in Thailand?

"How do you stop over identifying?

Try a cognitive therapy exercise.
Thought charts and other structured activities can help you counter big-wave feelings and put them in perspective. They take a little practice, but over time you'll likely be able to do a thought chart rather quickly."

Off topic or perhaps just a deliberate diversion.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Not yet and NOT for a very long time I am sorry to say!

What if PT wins in a landslide and the current cretins refuse to go, Thailand would be back to how this all started in the first place. Don't forget originally the military moved in to restore law and order only. Instead they muscled into everything. Most of the current top politicians couldn't run a 2 baht poo house.

Edited by NONG CHOK
Typo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

....and there's me thinking the judicial process would determine if he goes to jail or not.....silly me.

You mean the same style of judical process that is used in the upcoming elections or following famous criminals (maybe a Red Bull drink will help). Ah..... sorry...I did not read your comment below well enough - must have been an attempt at sarcasm....

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

You mean the same style of judical process that is used in the upcoming elections or following famous criminals (maybe a Red Bull drink will help). Ah..... sorry...I did not read your comment below well enough - must have been an attempt at sarcasm....

Wrong....it was sarcasm.....not an attempt......????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

To be specific, the charges against Thaksin were based on Section 100 of the National Counter Corruption Act (NCCA), which specifies that “government officials and their spouses are prohibited from entering into or having interests in contracts made with state agencies under their authorization.” However, Section 4 of the Act indicates that “persons committing malfeasance must be direct supervisors of the damaged party”, in this case, the FIDF. At the time, Bank of Thailand Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula was the direct supervisor of the FIDF, not Thaksin. Furthermore, Section 29 of the Bank of Thailand Act of 1942 specifically stated that the Prime Minister “did not have jurisdiction to oversee the FIDF” and that “those managing the fund had sole authority for policies, control, oversight, and regulations governing the agency.”

Even with such clear logical facts in their faces, the Supreme Court (which, by the way, lacks any democratic legitimacy) still had the nerve to claim that Thaksin was a “de facto” supervisor of the fund and sentence him to two years of imprisonment. One has to wonder what the point of having Section 4 of the NCCA is, if the court is to look at “de facto” supervision. Of course, this allegation of “de facto” supervision does not even hold water in this case, precisely due to Section 29 of the Bank of Thailand Act of 1942, as explained in the previous paragraph.

So your earlier claims that you had no information about the paymaters crimes were less than honest.  And you're not mentioning that many 'observers' were not convinced.

Bye.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As usual Thaksin talks a lot and then he is a coward.

He never had to leave Thailand. He could have returned any day since (I think) 17 years.

He could have shown up in court and he could have explained to us why he is innocent.

He didn't. He knows he is guilty. And he knows he will be arrested on arrival.

This is why he just talks and doesn't come back. 

Really! I don't think he would of made it to court "accident or suicide". He was put on an aircraft and told to leave or do you also travel with your life savings. If anyone thinks his crimes are even 10% of the so called military then they are mad! Both Thaksin and his daughter were the peoples choice and nothing can change that in fact they could run again and win. Nothing is worse than taking a country at the end of a gun. Never forget someone was facing charges for ordering the murder of innocent protesters at a temple then the bullying, intimidating of the brave witness (I hope she is ok).

• Sad 1

Analysis-Thailand's ex-PM Thaksin shakes up election with talk of return - Reuters

""The announcement could hint that Pheu Thai is seeking a deal that could see them join up with their former rivals in order to get Thaksin home," said Titipol Phakdeewanich, dean of the faculty of political science at Ubon Ratchathani University.

Either way, Thaksin has again put himself at the centre of a political scene that has at times over the years brought bloody chaos with rival street protests between his supporters, who loved him for populist policies, and his opponents, who despised him as a brash, corrupt opportunist.

Along the way, the army has staged two coups - the latest in 2014 - and courts have intervened to remove pro-Thaksin governments and dissolve parties loyal to him, yet his reconstituted parties keep on winning elections - five and counting."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

"Thaksin tweeted that he is willing to go through the legal process"

errrrrrrr..  not his choice

"...... saying the former PM must be imprisoned if he did return."

Did You Know: Monopoly Is 80. (Now Go Directly To Jail). - Nyack News &  Views

and  as a bonus ..   add 10 years for each year he hid 

then we can all sing and rejoice       (Let's lock the door and throw away the key now)

Another poster who believes that he speaks for everyone, when in reality he is only speaking for himself.

You do NOT speak for me.

Only I speak for me. Other people may agree or disagree as they wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BritScot said:

If anyone thinks his crimes are even 10% of the so called military then they are mad!

It's always interesting to read these expert opinions.

I won't ask you for details because I know you don't have any details. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1