British Man Arrested After Attacking a Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver in Phuket – VIDEO

webfact

1 minute ago, shackleton said:

Well besides punching the Thai Tuk Tuk driver plus damaging his vehicle 

Not wearing a helmet what else could go wrong insurance cover ect 

It's going to cost him his holiday ????

He's got a good story though to tell his grandkids. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite the over simplified dumbing down of the situation there Frits... 

End of ???....   such comments are hilarious as if the poster themselves is judge... just like those who write ‘period’  or ‘I rest my case’ !!!...  ????

so.. no, its not end of because only a fool would meet the demand for damages with out discussion. 

Do you believe for a second that the TukTuk driver didn’t ask for heavily inflated damages ?

Was there even any damage at all ??

and.. its a TukTuk, they nearly all have some sort of scratches and damage... 

So...  What were the damages being asked ???..... And what exactly was the damage ? maybe there was none...  or maybe there was loads of pre-existing damage already etc... 

I block such users, and I totally agree with you. 

6 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Well besides punching the Thai Tuk Tuk driver plus damaging his vehicle 

Not wearing a helmet what else could go wrong insurance cover ect 

It's going to cost him his holiday ????

Its always amusing how some people assume that whenever a foreigner gets into trouble here they’re going to get immediately deported. 

This one is easy to fix...   Apologise for being drunk, pay the fine for hitting the TukTuk driver (500 baht I think it is) and offer nominal compensation for the TukTuk damage....   that’ll be the end of it...  

Its just another ‘event’ and the police towns like this deal with them all the time, its normal...  the only difference is this one made the news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sungod said:
16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I kind of agree....    Give them exactly the same fines and penalties a Thai would receive for doing exactly the same thing... 

500 baht and a wai should cover it

Yup... thats pretty much what it would be for a Thai...  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

I put it down to over-zealous liberalism, lazy parenting and the PC brigade getting far too much traction in society 30 years ago. Some of these kids today have never been told No and think they can do what they want with impunity. I hope they come down in this idiot with the full weight of the law. 

I agree. There's little discipline in Britain today, yet little pranks (not violent attacks like this one) are regarded as serious offences, yet this sort of violent attack brings out the "PC" and "Woke" idiots who want to let these thugs off with excuses like "came from a broken home" or "father abused him" or some such nonsense.

Speaking as an old fart (!) I'm glad NOT to be young here anymore. At least when i was young there were CLEAR guidelines set out by my parents and teachers so I grew up knowing right from wrong. Having said that, I'm NOT excusing their behaviour and think the Thai authorities should deal with them severely. If that involves imprisonment and / or pain, so be it!

• Like 2

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Wow... Boomer alert... "Back in my day.. yadda yadda yadda” !!!

And... imprisonment.. really ????....   do you guys ever step back and re-read what you have just written ?

YES...several times and I stand by it.!!!!   A bunch of thugs fighting in public  deserve what they get!!!

As as for being a "boomer" yes i am but are you suggesting that I should be ashamed of it?

At least my age group had, as i said earlier, some direction. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VBF said:
3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow... Boomer alert... "Back in my day.. yadda yadda yadda” !!!

And... imprisonment.. really ????....   do you guys ever step back and re-read what you have just written ?

Expand  

YES...several times and I stand by it.!!!!   A bunch of thugs fighting in public  deserve what they get!!!

As as for being a "boomer" yes i am but are you suggesting that I should be ashamed of it?

No one needs to be ashamed of being older... 

... the boomer part is about having an hinged imbalanced judgement of younger people because back in their day.... 

The only difference is that your optics have changed, you are viewing life from the ‘outside’ when observing young people, you’ve forgotten a lot of the stuff that happened around and that conveniently fits into your confirmation bias that ‘younger people today are worse than back in the day’.. when the reality is social media has simply made them more visible...

... Back in the day you’d never even have heard about this event... 

So yes,... be embarrassed as you’ve allowed your bias to kneecap your critical thought.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Quite the over simplified dumbing down of the situation there Frits... 

End of ???....   such comments are hilarious as if the poster themselves is judge... just like those who write ‘period’  or ‘I rest my case’ !!!...  ????

so.. no, its not end of because only a fool would meet the demand for damages with out discussion. 

Do you believe for a second that the TukTuk driver didn’t ask for heavily inflated damages ?

Was there even any damage at all ??

and.. its a TukTuk, they nearly all have some sort of scratches and damage... 

So...  What were the damages being asked ???..... And what exactly was the damage ? maybe there was none...  or maybe there was loads of pre-existing damage already etc... 

Where did i say, you pay any amount they ask for? 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, VBF said:

Speaking as an old fart (!) I'm glad NOT to be young here anymore. At least when i was young there were CLEAR guidelines set out by my parents and teachers so I grew up knowing right from wrong. Having said that, I'm NOT excusing their behaviour and think the Thai authorities should deal with them severely. If that involves imprisonment and / or pain, so be it!

So you grew up in the 50s or 60s where the Kray twins ran London peacefully? Or maybe you are a Yank and Al Capone was peacefully running Chicago. 

Two punches does not deserve imprisonment, especially when provoked and will not happen here. The guy just had too much to drink and forgot where he was. In Manchester, this is normal behavior if anyone tries to rob you of money, like the taxi driver probably was. If it was a few hundred baht, they would just have paid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:
4 minutes ago, VBF said:

Please gentlemen show some respect.

I can respect the person... always... But not the comments which are fundamentally flawed and borne of a bias that the optics of age creates... 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I read this as the tourists hit the parked taxi driver and then proceeded to assault the man. As in the taxi driver was just sitting there and not only got his car hit but then he was assaulted after demanding compensation. How are the tourists not 100% at fault?

Did you watch the vid?

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Where did i say, you pay any amount they ask for? 

Ok... so its not a case of... 'If you drive into a vehicle, you pay the damage'... so its clearly not 'end of'.

Because, IF and accident happens there also has to be a discussion... So your dumbed down simplification ‘end of’ suggesting isn’t quite as simple is it ????

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So you grew up in the 50s or 60s where the Kray twins ran London peacefully? Or maybe you are a Yank and Al Capone was peacefully running Chicago. 

Two punches does not deserve imprisonment, especially when provoked and will not happen here. The guy just had too much to drink and forgot where he was. In Manchester, this is normal behavior if anyone tries to rob you of money, like the taxi driver probably was. If it was a few hundred baht, they would just have paid.

Too much to drink, on a bike, no helmet, start a fight and run away. Typical guys who are going to cry for a Go fund me soon.

• Thanks 2