Trump ignites fresh controversy after outlandish primetime appearance on CNN

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Everytime a poster claims Trump did an excellent job sparring with CNN host, the only defense is "Trump Lies" Newsflash people politicians lie, biden lies. If it comes down to biden vs Trump, I bet Trump takes the cake home.

"If it comes down to biden vs Trump, I bet Trump takes the cake home".

Yes you are quite right, trump would take the "take-home" for the amount of lies told, no doubt about that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not really. But if the fascist party forces a debt default crashing the dollar, the stock market, and global economies, now that will be a big issue. 

All these things are ready to go anyway. Scapegoating in advance?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Tug said:

Most Americans are deeply concerned about the budget this threat on defaulting on the debt isent a budgetary issue it’s about paying debt allready accrued when the BUDGET is asked for that is the proper venue to address the issue tanking our credit worthiness isent it’s dangerous and harmful 

I do recall the topic of the USA's debt coming up about 20 years ago and the USA's solution seemed to be to spend more and increase the debt .

You don't need to be an economist to realise that you cannot just keep in creasing the debt .

POTUS just seem to keep spending and increasing the debt and just passing it onto the next POTUS 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Agree on what you call him..................

Trump’s most enduring legacy could be the historic rise in the national debt

It rose almost $7.8 trillion during his time in the White House — approaching World War II levels, relative to the size of the economy. This time around, it will be much harder to dig ourselves out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/01/14/trump-legacy-national-debt-increasee/

25% of the US National Debt Incurred During Trump Administration

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-debt-25-percent/

Although $3.7 Trillion of Trumps debt was due to Covid relief measures

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Despite Trump's promises to reduce it the national debt was increasing before the pandemic

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

20210114-borrowing-increased-under-trump-despite-promise-to-repay-national-debt-small.png

As you can see from the graph above , the national debt continued rising at its normal rate under Trump and only began to significantly increase when Covid hit  .

(Graph from your link)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump did state that he would decrease  the National debt over the period of eighth years , the idea was to give tax cuts to people and that would spur the economy , then Covid came long and Trump wasn't able to continue his plan and he didn't serve eight years 

That idea didn't work out to well for him, to achieve anything like it would have needed him to be elected again. He lost, although he falsely claims it was rigged  and there was certainly no indication that his promise was going in the right direction anyway, even before the virus hit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although I seem to recall that he said "I think I could do it fairly quickly...I would say over a period of eight years," when speaking about reducing the deficit 

So , that isn't a promise , so he cannot be accused of breaking promises or lying in this instance 

Maybe this will refresh your recall.

Please refer:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1294584-trump-ignites-fresh-controversy-after-outlandish-primetime-appearance-on-cnn/?do=findComment&comment=18082020

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Perhaps people liked;

a/ no new wars

b/ killing terrorist leaders

c/ Middle East peace agreements

d/ 2% and sub 2% inflation

e/ continuously declining unemployment

f/ $2.00-2.50 a gallon gas

g/ sub 500,000 illegal immigrant apprehensions, quadrupled last year.

A /total surrender retreat betrayal of our Allies b/good we got one c/the Palestinians would strongly disagree d/a sugar high after the trump tax grift we will be paying for for many decades/e see item (d)f/ that pesky pandemic remember?there was such a glut of oil on the market they had no place to store it g/we are now reaping the rewards of the republicans refusing to advance legislation to revamp immigration laws hope that helps

• Like 2

A Post with bolded oversized font's has been edited to the forums default. An off topic post, and one using a vulgarity, as well as replies were also removed.  The OP has nothing to do with Biden or Hilary.

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump spoke about the topic in the conference /O.P

You mean the CNN Town Hall where Trump mostly lied?

The one where he defamed the female host and called the woman he sexually assaulted a "wack job"?

5 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

You mean the CNN Town Hall where Trump mostly lied?

The one where he defamed the female host and called the woman he sexually assaulted a "wack job"?

I am not sure where the location of the conference was, but my point was that Trump spoke about the subject of reducing the National debt in the conference which is what this thread is about 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1