Thailand’s experiment with weed goes up in smoke

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

It might be worth a trip to the local  government hospital, the one  here in surin is an official outlet and it is even  available at the smaller hospital in the local amphur where they have constructed a a new building for the purpose complete with a large cannabis leaf fashioned in the architecture

online Prik Pot...not related to Phol Pot

8 hours ago, NK012 said:

I hope you get put in prison the next time you drink alcohol or put some sugar in your coffee..

Last I looked, drinking alcohol and eating sugar weren't illegal in these parts of the world. However, if they were made illegal, I would have to man up and face the consequences of my actions if I decided to partake.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, NK012 said:

Ever heard of the word hypocrite? Are you one of those that wants to follow every law and rule no matter if it's an unfair law? Fair and equal justice: guess you've never heard of that? So you want to support fining, imprisoning people for smoking a plant but no problem regarding all the vehicular manslaughter caused Directly due to drinking. This doesn't happen with weed. When are people going to to understand that's it's an imbalance of justice instead of just sheepishly allowing or supporting unfair laws? . Regulate it properly and its fixed. Govt should regulate liquor more than weed. Duh. But go ahead with this silly game of toying with people's lives, and kowtowing to the alcohol industry desires,  their corrupt behavior acting in cahoots with corrupt law enforcement and government officials. Red shirts buying votes too... shame on them.  You're wrong for siding with it.  Will of the people my ___.

I follow the law rather than decide which laws I want to follow and which I don't. If it is illegal, I don't do it. If it is legal, I will choose whether I want to do it or not.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:12 AM, VinnieK said:

I can't wait for ganjato be illegal again .

Reason?

Enough insanity out on the roads with bad/unqualified drivers who sometimes happen to be drunk ..who sometimes happen to be high on ganja also ????

Most ppl are stupid f...ks 

They should need special permit to operate a spoon let alone smoke ganja to their heart's content.

Show me comparative data between alcohol and weed related driving accidents. Oh wait.. here's some scientific data for you. https://slate.com/technology/2011/11/does-marijuana-make-you-a-more-dangerous-driver-than-alcohol.html

Edited by NK012
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 8:24 AM, JimTripper said:

There is a medical cover for it’s use. People end up believing they are medical users when they actually just like getting high.

Users seem to forget that smoke of any kind is bad for human and mammal lungs. And something in smoke coats lung tissue. It's common experience for 'ex-smokers' of any substance to experience "tastes" for years after quitting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, Walker88 said:

You smoke for the taste? Eat a brownie/cookie for that flavor?

I'm willing to bet 95% or more of those who use weed do so with the intent of getting high, not to enjoy 'hints of black currant and licorice'.

Who cares again, please? You've clearly missed the memo. And yes, that is Right... Some weed smokers Like to get high, in a responsible manner. This has been true since the dawn of man. Do you drink beer for only the taste?  Ridiculous observation, sir.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pizzachang said:

Users seem to forget that smoke of any kind is bad for human and mammal lungs. And something in smoke coats lung tissue. It's common experience for 'ex-smokers' of any substance to experience "tastes" for years after quitting.

I think you mean ‘smokers’…

1 hour ago, pizzachang said:

Very strange, to say the least. This leaves the drug users supporting the military and at odds with most of the nation. 

Drug users? Does that include people who use Paracetamol etc? I smell a Troll…

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

I follow the law rather than decide which laws I want to follow and which I don't. If it is illegal, I don't do it. If it is legal, I will choose whether I want to do it or not.

So if a law is promulgated, stating that you have to give up your first born…; you’ll just follow? Regardless of whether you agree or not or your personal beliefs?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

So if a law is promulgated, stating that you have to give up your first born…; you’ll just follow? Regardless of whether you agree or not or your personal beliefs?

So let me understand this one. You move to live in a foreign country yet you would not follow the rules in place because it does not coincide with your beliefs. Do I have that right.

Thailand's marijuana laws are not what everyone thinks they are.  There is no law which allows recreational use of marijuana, only medicinal use. Yet people violate the law daily because they believe it is legal to do so.  What would your defense be here in Thailand if you were arrested for possession and for smoking in public recreationally if you had no doctors prescription? Just an honest question. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NK012 said:

Ever heard of the word hypocrite? Are you one of those that wants to follow every law and rule no matter if it's an unfair law? Fair and equal justice: guess you've never heard of that? So you want to support fining, imprisoning people for smoking a plant but no problem regarding all the vehicular manslaughter caused Directly due to drinking. This doesn't happen with weed. When are people going to to understand that's it's an imbalance of justice instead of just sheepishly allowing or supporting unfair laws? . Regulate it properly and its fixed. Govt should regulate liquor more than weed. Duh. But go ahead with this silly game of toying with people's lives, and kowtowing to the alcohol industry desires,  their corrupt behavior acting in cahoots with corrupt law enforcement and government officials. Red shirts buying votes too... shame on them.  You're wrong for siding with it.  Will of the people my ___.

Anutin and the BJT had 4 years to bring in the law about cannabis. They probably got the medical cannabis side sorted more or less correctly but managed to screw up the recreational use side completely.

If you have a problem then please contact Anutin and the BJT, though they may be a bit too busy for the next several weeks, and as a farang you will probably be ignored anyway.

Cannabis has been available in Thailand for decades, certainly since the Americans were coming for R&R from Vietnam. I assume that it is still available if you care to find it.

If you feel that the laws of Thailand are unfair then do your best to change them, and good luck with that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NK012 said:

The genie will say get lost.  I am not going back in that stupid bottle. Cry more about not being able to control what adults consume. I enjoy hearing your sob sessions about this issue.

Sadly I don't enjoy your whining sessions about this issue.

If you want to smoke marijuana, then do so in you own place, and try not to clutter up this thread.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

From what I have seen here in Phuket there needs to be more control over where they can open a weed shop I dont think I would like one opening next door to me, 

This would be a good one for regulation, tbh. Need to limit how many shops can open in areas, based on density etc

1 hour ago, NextG said:

I follow the law. I don't choose which laws I should follow and which I shouldn't. 

• Sad 2

It looks like MVF will not ask BJT to join in the government, even though their seats would put them over 376, and will try to peel of ~ 60-70 Senators instead.

Odds are moving on Cannabis restrictions, maybe medical only with a qualifying condition, for Thais only, subject to a DTAM Doctor's examination and approval.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Right. Some are meant to follow the law, be it corrupt, imbalanced rulings or well thought out ones. Others are meant to make the rules fair and lead responsibly. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NK012 said:

Right. Some are meant to follow the law, be it corrupt, imbalanced rulings or well thought out ones. Others are meant to make the rules fair and lead responsibly. 

If you prefer to exhibit criminal tendencies by not following the law, that is up to you. I'll stick to staying out of prison.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, pizzachang said:

We already know all smoke hurts lungs. You can't argue with that. Point taken and filed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NK012 said:

Each country in the world makes its own laws, and if you don't like their laws, you are the problem and not the laws of the country.

• Confused 2