Return of ex-PM Thaksin may still leave Prayut with a test even if he loses this Sunday’s election

webfact

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Stop this utter rubbish, he ain't coming back.

Unless Pheu Thai win convincingly and they win a Royal pardon before he sets foot back here.

There will be no pardon. Wrong team.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, paddypower said:

2 alternatives routes of escape: a submarine with a malfunctioning engine; a Thai copy of the Hindenburg airship. Hope they do an audit of this (deleted)'s family assets accumulated since he came to power.

Agree about assets. Probably being move offshore right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Prayut will be toppled might take a while might happen rapidly and then he'll be arrested and escape Thailand via a military helicopter. This is my prediction.

My Mrs has been saying for a long time that’s what the new sub is for! ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

There will be no pardon. Wrong team.

no need for a Royal Pardon. look back at history ''it was an honest mistake'' and boxes of cookies to the Supreme Court. My investor group of expats appealed to the SC. If you are an expat, they're as uselful as a bunch of gollywogs. 555

Edited by paddypower
spell

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The problem is that there might be a teensy weensy reaction from his supporters, of which there are many millions, if he is made to serve his sentence. It's a no-win situation for Thailand.

He could always use his Red Bull get out of jail card

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Stop this utter rubbish, he ain't coming back.

Unless Pheu Thai win convincingly and they win a Royal pardon before he sets foot back here.

no way no one one return under his circumstances !!!!!!!!!    ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Prayut will be toppled might take a while might happen rapidly and then he'll be arrested and escape Thailand via a military helicopter. This is my prediction.

Possible ... but I think that would go against the treatment of past coup leaders. Thailand has a long history of dealing with political/social unrest through coups, then trying again to allow greater political/social freedom. In the end, Thailand leans toward the Chinese government model of not letting political/social unrest getting too far out of hand.

For most of his time in power, my wife has said she dislikes Prayuth and thinks he's a bad PM. I've never heard her say a good word about him.

This election, the local candidate for Prayuth's party is some sort of distant relation to her. He's asked my wife to vote for him. She says she will because she likes the candidate. But she still says she dislikes Prayuth.

I've tried to get her to see that voting for her relation will help Prayuth back into power with more of a government that she's disliked in the past. My words fall on stoney ground. She'll vote for him, she says.

After the election, should Prayuth become PM, I'm sure she'll once again say she dislikes him.

My head hurts ????.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The problem is that there might be a teensy weensy reaction from his supporters, of which there are many millions, if he is made to serve his sentence. It's a no-win situation for Thailand.

It's time that his supporters understand that a criminal is a criminal. Even if millions of people like him. He is a criminal and he avoided jail for many years. It's time that he goes to jail. If his supporters don't like it, then they should cry in their red villages.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paddypower said:

2 alternatives routes of escape: a submarine with a malfunctioning engine; a Thai copy of the Hindenburg airship. Hope they do an audit of this (deleted)'s family assets accumulated since he came to power.

Please remind us, what was the result of that audit of the Shinawatra family? 

• Like 1