Warning. TM30

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

You can do a TM-30 notification on-line, then print-out the confirmation of having done so and bring that copy with you when applying for your 1-year extension at your local Imm Office.  

Normally that should not be necessary, but there are indeed many reports now that some offices seem to want a re-confirmation of your official address (which is the purpose of the TM-30 notification).

In order to do the TM-30 notification on-line, the address where you are staying needs to be registered first on the IO TM-30 website, which is a quick and easy process, and you can do this as owner (or on behalf of the owner) or as tenant.  But it can take 10 minutes to 5 working-days before you get the confirmation e-mail with Username:Password for the registered address, which then allows you to do the TM-30 notification on-line. 

NOTE: Send me a PM and I can provide you with a comprehensive Guideline on how to do the above.  As usual with Immigration software 'solutions' it is easy when you know how to do it, and somewhat of a trial-and-error nightmare when you have to figure it out yourself. 

I was wondering about online. Thanks for the info, but I did the TM30 at Immigration which should be good unless I leave the country and return.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

HOWEVER, there are lately reports that some Imm Offices (notably CM) do not comply anymore with that regulation, and want you to inform them by issuing a TM-30 notification that your returned after a domestic or Re-Entry Permit protected international trip. 

Songkhla as well as I discovered this week doing my 1 year marriage extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have just extended my O Retirement visa at Jomtien Immigration. Normally it is an easy process taking just a few minutes. They are now insisting on confirmation of address, ie TM30.

Been like that a few years now.

strange you have never done one at that office or on line

but was issued a new extension.

The Immigration staff are very polite and helpful and I don't know how they keep smiling under the stress of dealing with hordes of foreigners. Hordes is the operative word now

Maybe the true meaning of this post.

Amazing Jomtien immigration stories.

1 hour ago, quake said:

Been like that a few years now.

strange you have never done one at that office or on line

but was issued a new extension.

Actually the purpose of doing a 90-day report is nothing more than confirming that you are still staying at the same address for which you provided the TM-30 required documents when you applied for the Non Imm O Visa (or its first 1-year extension when you entered Thailand on a Non Imm O Visa).

So, it's very strange (or should I say stupid) that Immigration is insisting on you providing a new TM-30 when applying again for a 1-year extension, especially when your 90-day reports have been accepted. 

Or is this once again a dirty Jomtien trick to make you use a Visa Agent to get rid of the hassle?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How can that be being as I came here in Nov 2005 and I/wife wasn't asked for a TM30 until Nov 2020. So what happened in-between in showing my abode? All this TM30 is complete tosh.

Yep, arrived in 2009, first TM30 in 2020.

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How can that be being as I came here in Nov 2005 and I/wife wasn't asked for a TM30 until Nov 2020. So what happened in-between in showing my abode? All this TM30 is complete tosh.

Much the same here in Hat Yai, from 2003 no one cared, from 2020 it became a must have. It's just a paper shuffler job creation scheme.

In 2019 Immigration had change of head guy (big joke).

It's the norm in Thailand that when new big boss moves into new position a  "change" needs to be demonstrated.

It did not last long.

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Υοu cannot get ANY service from an Imm Office, without providing or having previously provided evidence of the address that you are staying in the province 'served' by that Imm office.  So you probably didn't realize that the documents you provided earlier (e.g. a rental agreement, or the house-book when not renting) were actually used by the Imm Office to file your TM-30. 

But I do agree with you that it is a totally archaic and confusing system.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So from being outlined in the 1979 Immigration Act they never bothered implementing it until June 2020? Give over.

Bit like being asked to show 20,000bht on entry to LOS, have you ever been asked, cos I haven't, but they might tomorrow.........????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Υοu cannot get ANY service from an Imm Office, without providing or having previously provided evidence of the address that you are staying in the province 'served' by that Imm office. 

How come I had a house visit before I first ever submitted a TM30? It never deterred them from driving the 90 km. A hand drawn map was acceptable as to my abode.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How come I had a house visit before I first ever submitted a TM30? It never deterred them from driving the 90 km. A hand drawn map was acceptable as to my abode.  

As I wrote, you probably did not realize that the Imm Office used the documents you submitted (e.g rental contract, house-book) to file your TM-30 notification.

Without the official address from your TM-30 filed at your local Imm Office, you would not be able to do your 90-day report, as that is nothing more than a confirmation that you are still staying at that official address.  And the local Imm Office checks whether the address of your 90-day report matches with your official address they have on file.

To me the TM30 was initially a money making scam. The IO pounced on my missus in 2020 saying she'd never filled in a TM30 and fined her 400 Baht no receipt. How the hell could she inform them when nobody knew what a TM30 was prior to 2020.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

As I wrote, you probably did not realize that the Imm Office used the documents you submitted (e.g rental contract, house-book) to file your TM-30 notification.

Without the official address from your TM-30 filed at your local Imm Office, you would not be able to do your 90-day report, as that is nothing more than a confirmation that you are still staying at that official address.  And the local Imm Office checks whether the address of your 90-day report matches with your official address they have on file.

No.

I have never made a TM30 and never provided house book etc.

My first ever extension I provided rental agreement. 

Also for my first 7 years in Thailand never did a 90 report due to very frequent travel in/out Thailand. 

Since covid obviously have done 90 day reports and obtained certificate of residence etc .

None of which required a TM30. 

10 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

(e.g rental contract, house-book) to file your TM-30 notification.

No I never had a house-book or a rental agreement. I'm sure back in 2005 they accepted your word regarding your address and your wife providing her house book and marriage cert's.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

To me the TM30 was initially a money making scam. The IO pounced on my missus in 2020 saying she'd never filled in a TM30 and fined her 400 Baht no receipt. How the hell could she inform them when nobody knew what a TM30 was prior to 2020.

That was a bargain mine got done for 1600 baht in 2018, did get a receipt though

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

I have never made a TM30 and never provided house book etc.

My first ever extension I provided rental agreement. 

Also for my first 7 years in Thailand never did a 90 report due to very frequent travel in/out Thailand. 

Since covid obviously have done 90 day reports and obtained certificate of residence etc .

None of which required a TM30. 

wont give a line number at samut prakan without showing a TM30, not sure how you get in to do one if no have

2 minutes ago, proton said:

wont give a line number at samut prakan without showing a TM30, not sure how you get in to do one if no have

Samut Prakan is a rubbish immigration office.

Not the only one. 

BTW you did not indicate what service you were after.

If a 30 extension then yes  a TM30 would be necessary 

55 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Samut Prakan is a rubbish immigration office.

Not the only one. 

BTW you did not indicate what service you were after.

If a 30 extension then yes  a TM30 would be necessary 

For any service, showing them the entry on their data base on the phone will not do they want a paper print! Going again soon so will see what changes there are, always some

2 minutes ago, proton said:

For any service, showing them the entry on their data base on the phone will not do they want a paper print! Going again soon so will see what changes there are, always some

Was a simple question which you avoided.

What service would you be attending immigration.

For me it's pretty much once a year for annual extensions..

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Was a simple question which you avoided.

What service would you be attending immigration.

For me it's pretty much once a year for annual extensions..

Next time extension, last time extension

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

Next time extension, last time extension

I assume you mean 12 month extension.

Should not be required.

Not surprised SP has that as a requirement.

Crackpot immigration office.